Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lynnwood's ISBI Challenge Rules for TS4! - 3/15 Growing Together Rules Update!

Comments

• Solar_CatSolar_Cat Posts: 104 Member
    edited September 2014
    .......... Soooooooo.......... I may have just started this challenge with every intention of completing it, and not 10 seconds after marrying my first NTH sim into the household I directed him to work on his booking reading/logic skill building goals for his Nerd Brain aspiration. Because I hadn't done Nerd Brain yet. And I couldn't resist. >_>

I am ashamed, LOL!

(Edit: Just tried to post a URL to an image just now, and despite already having reached the required 50 points to be able to post pics and links, it's STILL not letting me, saying I have to be around a while longer. AND I can no longer access my signature settings. At all. Apparently I'm back to new member status. >_< )
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fuuuurrrr....

Stella Terrano's Legacy:
    www.terranolegacy.blogspot.com
    Plum It!: An ISBI Challenge:
    www.plumitisbi.blogspot.com

Origin ID: SolarCat85
  • LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    @AJLOVER01 - Aww, cute! Your family is looking adorable! :)

@Solar_Cat - Oops! Lol, weeeeell . . . if you want to be 'honest' you can docket yourself some points for controlling a NTH sim. Otherwise . . . just keep playin. :P Number one goal is to have fun.

And what the heck is goin on with the member/new member status? -_- So many people are having problems with it lately.
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    You most likely posted it and I just didn't see it but how many generations is this challenge? Is it 10 like a legacy?
  • AJLOVER01AJLOVER01 Posts: 120 Member
    Well I guess third times a charm, J finally accepted Amber's proposal!!!
    @Rainydayz179 - Yep, 10 generations like the regular Pinstar legacy. :)

@AJLOVER01 - Yaaaaaaay! :D Grats!
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Things are looking up for Eva! (The Next Step)
    09-25-14_8-13%C2%A0PM-2.png
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    Wooo! Grats! :)
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    @Lynnwood, A new question -- is falling asleep in the bathtub considered passing out?

I'm having so much fun with this. My second generation heir and spare are teens now. I wish they did their homework, but otherwise are good kids, and they get along with each other. Link to the story is below -- Koehlers' Kraziness.
    @MVWdeZT - Hmmmm . . . I'm going to say no. That'd be considered taking a nap instead of going to sleep lol (for which there are no penalties). Glad you're having fun!
    Just a little update Jason turned to a YA and I moved him out, Amber and J. are now elders, and Jessica is now a YA and TH. She met Alexander Goth, they are engaged and expecting their first child.

Amber and J. as elders.
    qI08Y8P.png

dnmHV33.png

Jessica as a YA.
    6GDZMQG.png

Here is the newest edition Alexander Goth.
    vQy4YoO.png
  • girl15526girl15526 Posts: 45 Member
    Cool I may have to give this a try. Would be fun to see what my sims do all on their own. Hopefully the kids will do their homework
  • CabsCabs Posts: 127 Member
    I love the idea of this. Especially because I micromanage a lot as well :D However, I di have some questions. Sorry if the answers are obvious, O haven't done this challenge before. I'm just wondering about the scoring system - I will probably not document the whole think online anyway, but I'd do it for myself. But does the scoring system only apply to NTH, or the TH or both equally?

The rules say marriage increases the potential to increase scoring, but I dont see it mentioned anywhere later on? Also it says "Not using spares' Satisfaction Reward points for an entire generation : +10". What do you mean by 'spare' reward points? Over a certain limit or something like that and if yes what is it?
    @girl14426 - No need to ask permission! Play away!

@Cabs - The scoring is for everyone in the household. If ANYone passes out, that's -5 for example. That's what is meant by marriage increasing potential for points. More sims in the house means more opportunity for points to be earned (and lost). The satisfaction points rule means you don't buy any rewards on ANY sim except for your TH for an entire generation (from the time one sim is named TH until he/she passes the torch to the heir).
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    girl15526 wrote: »
    Cool I may have to give this a try. Would be fun to see what my sims do all on their own. Hopefully the kids will do their homework
    My kids have done their homework on their own on the weekends because they had more time. They also get a lot more done when there's no computer in the house, haha!
    I also noticed that the kids will do the dishes and the dad has told the kids to take out the trash. The kids look really annoyed but then do it anyway. Love the little details. :smile:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    I love the
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    @girl14426 - No need to ask permission! Play away!

@Cabs - The scoring is for everyone in the household. If ANYone passes out, that's -5 for example. That's what is meant by marriage increasing potential for points. More sims in the house means more opportunity for points to be earned (and lost). The satisfaction points rule means you don't buy any rewards on ANY sim except for your TH for an entire generation (from the time one sim is named TH until he/she passes the torch to the heir).

Thanks! Though they don't have to get married to move in, this is why I got confused.
  • MokimboMokimbo Posts: 38 Member
    Eureka! I have figured how to get kids/teens to do their homework on a regular basis! Buy yourself an easel, get your Torch Holder focused (browsing Simpedia on the computer will do the trick), and choose the option to paint a Focused painting (called Mathmatical something-or-other) or two (or three or four...). Hang said paintings in rooms where your children will often go, and then enable their aura. The kids will become focused when they go in the room, and every time they get focused they will want to do their homework!!!

Only took me til the generation 4 teens to figure it out. Hallelujah!!
    Mokimbo wrote: »
    Eureka! I have figured how to get kids/teens to do their homework on a regular basis! Buy yourself an easel, get your Torch Holder focused (browsing Simpedia on the computer will do the trick), and choose the option to paint a Focused painting (called Mathmatical something-or-other) or two (or three or four...). Hang said paintings in rooms where your children will often go, and then enable their aura. The kids will become focused when they go in the room, and every time they get focused they will want to do their homework!!!

Only took me til the generation 4 teens to figure it out. Hallelujah!!

Thank you! I've been having real trouble with this, because somehow the random trait generator also decided 2 of my kids should have the lazy trait... ugh!

I'm enjoying this by the way, but it's really stressful with my Sim being the sole proper breadwinner (hubby has a job but doesnt get promoted from a really low stage, because he needs to make an enemy for that and everyone seems to love him when they meet him...) and having to fix everything that breaks aroung the house. I've already got rid of the garden because there was no time left to do this. I also get really stressed when birthdays come around - sometimes 3 of them in a row - and I feel obliged to host a party and only have one Sim to do everything, haven't managed to get better than Bronze yet.
    @Mokimbo, thanks for the tip!

Now that we have ghosts, I assume we'll have to get some rules about them, the main one being whether you can invite your founder back into your house or use ambrosia to resurrect him or her.
    @MVWdeZT - No ressurecting sims. Once they're gone, they're gone.

Super excited for ghosts though. :D I can see my Chester again!
    @ Lynnwood, that's what I figured. Thanks for answering!

Several more chapters have been added to Koehlers' Kraziness (link below).
    Some sad news today, my original TH Amber just died of old age. J isn't far behind.

geTsJPV.jpg

Plp0P28.jpg
    So sad. Did you add the patch before she died?
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    So sad. Did you add the patch before she died?

Yes I did, she's buried in the backyard, so hopefully I will see her ghost.
    I'm hoping to see at least one ghost, too.
  • RoaneRoane Posts: 204 Member
    Perhaps a silly question (and I might be overlooking the answer but I tried to look, honest!) but can you move the family to a different house once they have enough money? The house or lot I'd choose to start with (assuming usual starting 20k) is not the one I'd like to end up with (more middle-ish on the cost, 40 to 50k range).
    The Geek Shall Inherit: The Merrigan Family Legacy Challenge -- Visit us on Tumblr.
    Origin ID: Tairgire

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top