Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do my previous headstones not have ghosts? Or names?

I have four headstones on my leagacy lot from two generations, and since the patch, their names are now gone from the headstones, they now say destroy instead of release to netherworld, and there are no ghosts! *sad face*!!

Comments

• Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    Previous headstones are not usable with the new patch, I guess??? I'm thinking any new deaths in your game should create ghosts, though.
  • Options
    MelReduxMelRedux Posts: 54 Member
    Previous headstones work. My two dead sims made appearances today. Sounds like OP had a glitch
  • Options
    IggIgg Posts: 275 Member
    There are current problems with how the game removes Sims from the game when it reaches the population cap. I don't know if ghosts can be culled or not. Do the ghosted images of your dead Sims still appear in your relationship window?
  • Options
    MyMonaLisaMyMonaLisa Posts: 75 Member
    Dahhhh that sucks! Nope they're gone. I can see the ghosts of other sims in my relationship panel but not my sims! Drat drat drat!!
  • Options
    If the missing Sims are in your gallery, you can bring them back in and kill them for their gravestones/ghosts.
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    I have the same issue, except they did work, one of the 2 that now say destroy did actually spawn a ghost. Im gutted.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Do you have any Mods or CC that may be interfering? My two Sims that died prior to the patch made appearances as ghosts and their headstones are as they should be.

Hope you get it worked out!
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    > @litabelaqua said:
    > I have the same issue, except they did work, one of the 2 that now say destroy did actually spawn a ghost. Im gutted.

Any chance you can return to a previous save before they were culled?
  • Options
    MyMonaLisaMyMonaLisa Posts: 75 Member
    Hmm I do have a mod installed actually. I'll remove that and see if anything happens.