Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thanks EA... for giving us back the stuff you shouldn't have taken away...

bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
Just saying... Call me Mr. Negative, but I don't get the praising.

They are giving away the freebies only because the game isn't selling like the hotcakes they expected. While I will enjoy them adding them back, I disagree that they should be commended for doing so as they shouldn't have taken them out to begin with...

Furthermore, it doesn't really address the closed world design of the game or the lack of create of a style. Easily two of the more impressive new components of The Sims 3 that were completely forgotten...

"In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.

Comments

• bamcam30bamcam30 Posts: 1,301 Member
    I agree with you, but prepare yourself with some people coming in here to call you a negative nancy.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I'm not sure if they 'were' taken out. I just thought they weren't added in the first place.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if they 'were' taken out. I just thought they weren't added in the first place.
    Where the hell is my disagree button!
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    True. :)
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • I'm happy they added ghosts. That's all I am, really, not disgruntled or anything that they didn't add them sooner, they had a lack of time because EA was pushing for a September release date. I guess you could call me neutral?
    Origin ID: honeynut135
    2qxq5qd.jpg
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Because people wanted them back. They're happy they finally got them.
    Speak for yourself.
    I wanted the thorough patch. And didn't get it.

@bflurry
    I missed you, where the hell have you been past few weeks!?
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    bflury wrote: »

They are giving away the freebies only because the game isn't selling like the hotcakes they expected. While I will enjoy them adding them back, I disagree that they should be commended for doing so as they shouldn't have taken them out to begin with...

Furthermore, it doesn't really address the closed world design of the game or the lack of create of a style. Easily two of the more impressive new components of The Sims 3 that were completely ripped out.

This just goes to show that these things that are returning to the game were not removed for better game performance. These things were stripped because the game started as an online game. If they had waited and released the game later these things could have been restored to the game to start with. I hope they can see their BIG mistake.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • SnugglesFairieSnugglesFairie Posts: 43 Member
    > @kremesch73 said:
    > I'm not sure if they 'were' taken out. I just thought they weren't added in the first place.

In many live broadcasts and in the question / answer threads... it was stated that they weren't taken out. That pools were acting problematic and glitched. Therefore they were not added to the base game. That it was something that was being worked on and they would love to give to us, when they got it working.

I am thrilled about the ghosts. I loved them in the sims 3 and I missed them in the sims 4. :D
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    mulboro wrote: »
    Screw them for adding content.

Yeah!!! *Twerks*
  • 2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    No one took it away, it was still in development when the game was released..............
    My origin id is sim2011
  • InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    2011simone wrote: »
    No one took it away, it was still in development when the game was released..............

Hence they should have delayed and released a complete game JS...
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member

Furthermore, it doesn't really address the closed world design of the game or the lack of create of a style. Easily two of the more impressive new components of The Sims 3 that were completely ripped out.

I agree with you. I can see people being happy the content was added, I like that the content was added. I actually think ghosts look more improved. I just don't see giving them a round of applause, quite yet. There are still major things missing, and game elements that are restricting. I want my toddlers dam it. I won't even begin to think about being happy until I have them. Only then will I reavaluate my current mood towards this game.
  • TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member

So wait a minute, you are seriously saying that if you knew you could get this stuff for free as an update later and get what IS working earlier, you would instead tell them to just wait? What would be the point?
    [Sims 4 Cheat Resource] || [My Mods - Base Game] || [My Mods - Expansions]
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

I'm now on Twitter. I'd love it if you joined me there :)
  • InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member

This just goes to show that these things that are returning to the game were not removed for better game performance. These things were stripped because the game started as an online game. If they had waited and released the game later these things could have been restored to the game to start with. I hope they can see their BIG mistake.

LOL, they will see the error of their ways because sales....
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
    edited October 2014
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    @bflurry
    I missed you, where the hell have you been past few weeks!?
    Playing with my new iPhone... plus still waiting for some more details about whats next for the series.

And to save anyone the trouble of being the 30th person to ask me, no my iPhone doesn't bend. And I am not willing to see whether it blends :).
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member

it's not that easy to do so when you're the dev and the corporate commanders and stockholders command to get this thing out the door by the 2nd! I think the devs did the best they could with the timeline they were, in my opinion, forced to crush.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    They didn't take anything away - they just never had time to put it in. Big difference there.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

So wait a minute, you are seriously saying that if you knew you could get this stuff for free as an update later and get what IS working earlier, you would instead tell them to just wait? What would be the point?
    The reviews. Those ain't changing no matter how much content they add. They took a series from 90/100 to 70/100...
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    The foundation of this game is weak and it always will be no matter how many DLC and expansions you install.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member

I agree. And totaly OT, I love your sigy...that made me laugh. lol-030.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top