Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seeing Strange Coding in Ghost and Radio Pie Menu

This is a bit strange and I was wondering if it's happening to anyone else. I am playing a household made by me, where a townie 'Junior Dorman' died before this new patch. His urn has always been in the living room and now that we have ghosts, he has made an appearance. I am able to interact with him normally (ie all the usual friendly, mean, etc interactions) but in the friendly pie menu aside from all the normal ones like 'ask about day', 'share ideas', etc I also have one that says '***31B2BDEF***'. I've clicked on it and the chat interaction happens as normal so I'm just wondering what this is?

I also have this odd code when I try to use the radio. The normal channels are all there but I also have ***9C340233*** if I select Turn On and ***858B999F*** if I select Listen To. I assume this is the new spooky music.

My game is playing great, it's just a bit odd and wanted to know if it's only my game that has this or if anyone else is seeing this too.

Comments

• MadarasQueenMadarasQueen Posts: 544 Member
    :o oh! that's odd...I hope it not a bug D; lol ay! lol we have enough bugs in the game as lol...I hope someone can answer this for you :(
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited October 2014
    You try reinstalling the game?

Back up your Documents folder before doing so. Unless you have mods conflicting with the stereo and sim interactions, remove those specific mods.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    "Radio Pie" -- great name for a band! ;)
  • tinydancer114tinydancer114 Posts: 307 Member
    Trowiciaaa wrote: »

Back up your Documents folder before doing so. Unless you have mods conflicting with the stereo and sim interactions, remove those specific mods.

No I haven't reinstalled and don't think I will only for correct wording at this point. If my game starts going weird then I will!
    Also, thanks for the advice on mods. I don't have any installed and have actually never used a mod in all my sims 1-sims 4 simming career... maybe one day I'll get the guts to try them :)
  • jol1990jol1990 Posts: 257 Member
    i have exactly thesame problem; even worse, it seems that it does it for all the new stuff and i cant use the showhidden cheat at all, it just shows me some random numbers or a code; typing debug does nothing. i attempted to repair my game on origin but this did not change anything. should i reinstall or hold on?
    mETeT9z.jpg

Check out my buildings on the gallery under my name or on my building showcase! http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/794210/j0l1990-s-building-showcase/p3
    To find me on the gallery, look for J0L1990 thats the number 0, not an O!
    the stuff only appears to happen with the NEW stuff after the patch
    mETeT9z.jpg

Check out my buildings on the gallery under my name or on my building showcase! http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/794210/j0l1990-s-building-showcase/p3
    im going to reinstall if this fixes it. wish me luck
    mETeT9z.jpg

• ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    edited October 2014
    [Deleted due to annoyance....]
    Post edited by ENolan on
    not that funny really, patches are not supposed to break your game are they
    mETeT9z.jpg

i can confirm that reinstalling your game WILL fix these issues, OP
    mETeT9z.jpg

• tinydancer114tinydancer114 Posts: 307 Member
    jol1990 wrote: »
    i can confirm that reinstalling your game WILL fix these issues, OP

Thank You! I'll try that on my next day off. At least it's early on in this game so the reinstall shouldn't be as painful as a Sims 3 one lol :)
    i made a back up but it didnt even delete the files in my documents, but just make a backup to be sure
    mETeT9z.jpg

• fibrofrogsfibrofrogs Posts: 6 New Member
    I had that exact same problem after the patch and when you mentioned radio pie it got me to think oh I have a mod that changes the names of the tv channels and the computer games etc. Once I removed that mod and restarted the game, the spooky radio channel was correctly labeled spooky. Also, if you do not have that mod but other mods and forgot to remove them before patching as I did try this. Remove your mod folder to the desktop, restart game so game generates a new mod folder with a new rescource.cfg file in it. play game to make sure all is well.
    Close game and place your mods that were in the mod folder into the new mod folder that you just generated but do not copy over the old rescource.cfg. This way if it was a corrupted rescource.cfg then you should have your spooky channel back. Otherwise I hope for you it was a mod issue like me and simply removing the mod clears it up. The name of the mod causing issues for me was the Menu Items Revamp Mod.
    Good Luck :)
  • xtinagaga97xtinagaga97 Posts: 600 Member
    It is due to a mod conflict. Remove any mods that replace any TV or radio station names, and it should fix it :)
    giphy.gif
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I have The same issue I don't Want to uninstall The game. I refuse to lose everything are you kidding me :/
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    edited October 2014
    oh thank god it's not just me, I did start a thread earlier and someone suggested "repairing the game" through origin and that didn't work. It isn't due to a mod conflict as I have no mods either, I was just about to uninstall but didn't really want to do that, now that I know others are having the same problems I will hang for some guru to address.

I am playing a legacy and I was so upset to have this happen to my game just after a new patch!! Gurus please fix

Oh, and I also have a code ***B5779DEE *** in CAS when I create a family, the button that should say save and play or something, the one with the arrow on it
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    Just thought I would update (not that I have any mods whatsoever) but .... just in case, I removed the Mods folder and went into game so it created a new one, and it didn't fix, still strange coding on stereo pie menu and CAS screen.
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Trowiciaaa wrote: »

No I haven't reinstalled and don't think I will only for correct wording at this point. If my game starts going weird then I will!
    Also, thanks for the advice on mods. I don't have any installed and have actually never used a mod in all my sims 1-sims 4 simming career... maybe one day I'll get the guts to try them :)

Good! I think its best to first try other options to fix game issues, plus I agree if the game is functioning but for one small issue reinstalling is an extreme response. Frequent reinstalling can lead to corrupted registry, sure there are programs that assist like ccleaner but no program is perfect. The only way to truly prevent this possibility is to limit reinstalling to only when it's clearly a progamming file issue. For myself I've had sims 3 on one computer for years 3 or 4 and have never reinstalled it.

I'll check to see if there any other good possible fixes if the problem continues
  • jtravers88jtravers88 Posts: 591 Member
    edited October 2014
    If you are using a mod that modifies the main stbl file (all text seen on pie menus), then it is now in conflict with the new stbl changes for the ghosts content.

Remove the mod until the author updates it.

If you are not using any mods, then everyone should see what you see, and it means that the developers left out some text and so the game references the ids instead of the text.
  • jtravers88jtravers88 Posts: 591 Member
    And I would not recommend using any mod that overrides the entire stbl file, like the mod that changes radio station names. That mod controls all of the text seen in pie menus just to change a few radio station names. Same thing goes for any modder who doesn't take the time to only modify what he needs to modify, instead of stomping on everything.
    I am not using any mods :(
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    i did try to delete all my mods; untick the box that sais scripts enabled and it still did not work, uninstalling the game was my last solution and it worked.
    mETeT9z.jpg

• knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited October 2014
    I'm having the same problem too, no mods and it's game breaking, but hope they release a quick fix. Edit: Only affecting the spooky content.
  • MonolithiaMonolithia Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been having the same problem too, any of the new descriptions added in the update only show a numeric reference number. The problem for me was a single file not being updated when the patch was applied (i don't know why) called Strings_ENG_US.package, this file contains all the English translations for the entire game. I tried deleting it and performing a repair of the game within Origin but it didn't even notice the file was missing! With a bit of trial and error though i found there is one other file that can be deleted which will trigger Origin to re-download the fully updated Strings_ENG_US.package file, fixing my game.

Here's what you'll need to do to fix yours:

1) Go to the following game folder - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Data\Client\
    Note: If you don't have a Program Files (x86) folder then go into Program Files instead.

2) Delete the file called UI.package (it's about 27MB in size).

3) Open Origin and right-click on The Sims 4 and choose Repair Game.

4) Origin will check your game files and download the missing UI.package file and at the same time replace the strings file with the latest version.

5) Once the repair is complete, try out your game, hopefully it should be showing all the new descriptions!

I hope this helps. :)
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited October 2014
    Monolithia you're my hero!!!
    Please, pretty please, write the solution on EA answers HQ site:
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

They should repair the "repair" option in Origin so it doesn't repair the file only if it's deleted but also when it's content is corrupted.