Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Game Content Via Game Patches

13...Next

Comments

• MissLaraeMissLarae Posts: 215 Member
    Yayyyyy! This makes me soooo happy :D
  • EiszimmerEiszimmer Posts: 969 Member
    Wow, I am glad they are doing this. Especially the pools and ghosts. I can wait on the toddlers, even if it means they patch them in next year. I am pleasantly surprised.
  • DarkSlayer1331DarkSlayer1331 Posts: 429 Member
    Damienf519 wrote: »
    WOW FREE?? I'm in shock lol

Maybe its because a lot of this stuff they intended to include in the game to begin with that they're giving away so much for free. Its really smart that they're doing this too, because now a lot more people are going to buy the game that otherwise would have not bought it.

This exactly. I'm buying the game today because of the good will I'm seeing. And I'm guessing that they probably reached a compromise with EA. Okay, we'll have the game ready for release that day, but then you need to let us give them stuff in patches for a few months afterwards to make up for the stuff we'll have to cut from the base.
  • SimLover23SimLover23 Posts: 362 Member
    Can't wait for the pools and careers!!!
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Damienf519 wrote: »
    WOW FREE?? I'm in shock lol

Maybe its because a lot of this stuff they intended to include in the game to begin with that they're giving away so much for free. Its really smart that they're doing this too, because now a lot more people are going to buy the game that otherwise would have not bought it.

This exactly. I'm buying the game today because of the good will I'm seeing. And I'm guessing that they probably reached a compromise with EA. Okay, we'll have the game ready for release that day, but then you need to let us give them stuff in patches for a few months afterwards to make up for the stuff we'll have to cut from the base.

Exactly. At this point the game is already out. What would the public have them do? Release it for free in a patch or release it for sale via DLC or an EP? I know which one I'd pick every single time.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • MissLaraeMissLarae Posts: 215 Member
    Greetings to everyone. <br />
    <br />
    I was sad at first when I read that the pools and careers aren't coming until November-December, but I suppose those need more work than the ghosts/star wars/eyes patch. So it's probably better to wait a bit. Again, this wasn't much of a big announcement to me 'cause I've never played with ghosts, but I'm happy for those who wanted them in game. :D A true big announcement for me would be for example if they'd fix the 'maid bug'. And a patch to get rid of the loading screens (at least the ones in 'planing outfits') would be much appreciated. By the way, is this patch with the ghosts already out? How will it look in game? Any special notice? A new cemetery perhaps? None of my sims has died yet so I couldn't tell. ;) <br />
    <br />
    Sorry about my English, it isn't my native language that's what has kept me from posting in this forum. Yes, I know there is a Spanish speaking forum but it isn't as active. I like this one better, lol. :)

I'm most excited for pools and careers also! I wish they were the ones coming first.

Your English is great! I wouldn't have known your first language is Spanish if you didn't say so :)

• AnaCecilia63AnaCecilia63 Posts: 190 Member
    edited October 2014
    > @MissLarae said:
    >
    > I'm most excited for pools and careers also! I wish they were the ones coming first.
    >
    > Your English is great! I wouldn't have known your first language is Spanish if you didn't say so :)

Thank you, @MissLarae!

Yes, I wanted pools first! And the careers, wow. I hope they give us some good ones.
    Anyway, I suppose we can wait a little more. I hope these improvements are, like they said, just the tip of the iceberg!

Thank you again and Happy Simming! :)
    My Tumblr
    My Blog
    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win". ~ Mahatma Gandhi.
  • SkySky Posts: 62 Member
    Nice, but why didn't they just announce this when they released the game? Like they did for the incomplete beta that they call NHL 15, they straight up acknowledged that certain game modes were missing but will be patched in the next two months.

The pessimist side of me thinks that they originally planned to charge for the content, but after reviewing feedback and probably sales figures, decided against it. Don't get me wrong though I'm happy and look forward to it, but being a long time customer of EA I can't help but feel wary.
  • Stormowl5Stormowl5 Posts: 21 Member
    I just noticed the costumes are gender based. My evil sim who wants to take over the world is a girl but I can't make her a girl Vader. Oh well, I was excited.
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Bravo EA/Sims Team! Bravo! This is the right direction you all should be taking to bring Sims 4 to the level it should be at! Whatever the case may be, fixing it in free [patches and bringing those features to use eventually is worthy of applause. It could be worse and that would be really bad for the community and the franchise, so this is the right direction!

How the minute I know toddlers will be in game again (whether EP or patched) will be the day I can purchase Sims 4 proudly and try it out. I just absolutely refuse to until that point, but I love a lot, dislike a lot but overall it seems you all caught that magic that was in Sims 2 - but we need to bring Sims 4 to the level we all know it's capable and absolutely worthy of being at.

I hope the twitch announcement is more than just this though, because it seems silly to have something everyones gonna know about by then. Twitter and social media man... lol It's like when Gamescom and the like were done. Everyone knew everything before everything was posted anyhow. lol
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    I'd love to see EA get permission to do licensed stuff like Disney,Looney Toons,Hanna-Barbera and Pokemon. Imagine our Sims dressing up like Elmer Fudd or having a poster of Scooby-Doo hanging on their wall. Kids could play with a stuffed Lotso Huggin' Bear or Tazmanian Devil, or wear Pokemon PJs.

Ahhh! Donald Duck all plum day! I would camp out for that EP all day. LOL