Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Having Problems putting Mods in my game

Hi all.

I have some issues getting mods to work in my game. I have downloaded clothing and hair recolors that work just fine. I read somewhere that you need to put the whole zip-file from a mod into the mods folder in document. I have tried that, although it's a winZip folder. Is this wrong? Can anyone tell me how to do it right?
Origin Account-Name: Anzi120

Comments

• Nearia35Nearia35 Posts: 522 Member
    edited September 2014
    You need to take the content OUT of the .zip file. (It doesn't matter if it's coming up as WinZip/WinRAR/7Zip/etc - you can use whatever compression program you want).

If you actually talking about "mods" not working (and not referring to "custom content," since you said hair and clothing works fine) then you may need some additional set-up, depending on the mod. Some mods apparently can just be dropped into the Mods folder, while others require editing the resource.cfg file and creating an additional folder. Check the installation instructions from wherever you are downloading the mods, they should provide complete instructions :)
    Playing on an HP Z800: 2x 6-core Intel Xeon X5660s, 48GB RAM, 4GB nVidia GTX 970
    Alienware R4 17: i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 8GB NVidia GTX 1070
  • Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited October 2014
    Script mods need to be left in the zip.

XML mods and "custom content" (aesthetic mods, i.e. recolors etc) should have their .package file removed from the zip.

XML mods also need that extra folder and the resource.cfg edit.

Read the instructions where you downloaded your mod if you're unsure what type it is.
    Post edited by Srikandi715 on
  • Anzi130Anzi130 Posts: 140 Member
    Ahh.. I made a mistake.. I had WinZip installed, I just needed to only have Winrar installed.. then it showed as a zip file instead of a winzip file :) thanks for the answers guys
    Origin Account-Name: Anzi120