Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will Ghosts Be Patched In Tomorrow?

Comments

• Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited October 2014
    What supernatural thing is occurring in the image?
    I just see a sim afraid to pee himself.

It's not just the image, it's the words that have been tweeted as well that are making people jump to this conclusion. I think it's just a gnome that will make them afraid, that the afraid emotion has been added.

I would love another world that is supernatural based and some ghosts, as long as we can keep them out of our houses if we don't want them in there.

Actually......I think I will wait to hear from everybody what tomorrow actually brings before purchasing/updating. I want to make sure that the ghosts (or gnomes or whatever they are....zombies...) don't act like the stalker townies and are constantly pestering our Sims.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I didn't read the whole thread but I think we'll be getting ghosts and gnomes. Hopefully patched in.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    I would be so happy if Ghosts were patched in. I would also be happy with pumpkin lights that are free... Just don't make it be pumpkin lights for €9,99

If it is some kind of DLC thing being offered, I'd love ghosts and a full set of cemetery décor (including fences and gates, wall and floor coverings, various styles of headstones and statues, benches, floral arrangements, a funeral event type, and some type of memorial candle that can be crafted by a sim in honour of the fallen, and it makes everyone think of that person when they're around the memorial candle so they have thought and speech bubbles about the fallen when they're near the aura of the memorial candle...)
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    Dave_the_raveDave_the_rave Posts: 85 Member
    So we can expect to see guests!...as long as it aint the in laws i dont care.
    200.gif
  • Options
    dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    If they charge already I would be a little shocked especially since the game still has so many issues and sooo many 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off people and haters of the game. On their page all you see mixed with the positive is negatives about the game.
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • Options
    If they charge already I would be a little shocked especially since the game still has so many issues and sooo many 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off people and haters of the game. On their page all you see mixed with the positive is negatives about the game.

Oh yeah, for sure if it is something expensive? When there are so many bugs/issues still needing to be addressed? We should don our protective gear (or enable image blockers) on the forums because they will explode with rage postings.

Actually, I think they will anyways because there will be a small percentage that will be angry and unhappy even if they gave us the store for free and vomited out rainbows.

Hello cynicism, I see you are still with me this morning. Must drink more coffee.....
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    95 per cent of the video game and movie industry for younger people deal with vampires and wizards in bizarre medieval settings - think of Twilight, Harry Potter, Hobbit etc.

No, it doesn't. You couldn't name 10, perhaps not even 5 movies this year that fit that description, out of the over 200 theatrical releases.

There are much more movies that feature people driving cars. Or going to a store or a restaurant. Or where toddlers exist.
  • Options
    OP like you I too hope its not a Supernatural EP announcement. At least it will be too early for such an EP. i don't think it is needed for now or will help to improve the game. What the game would benefit from right now is a Generational EP to fill the gap.

Exactly.
  • Options
    pguida wrote: »
    95 per cent of the video game and movie industry for younger people deal with vampires and wizards in bizarre medieval settings - think of Twilight, Harry Potter, Hobbit etc.

No, it doesn't. You couldn't name 10, perhaps not even 5 movies this year that fit that description, out of the over 200 theatrical releases.

There are much more movies that feature people driving cars. Or going to a store or a restaurant. Or where toddlers exist.

But what about books?

A large percentage of "younger people" read and there are some very huge selling supernatural books. I actually don't know anybody who goes to movies anymore. Too expensive, they wait to watch the video. Also, I don't judge what the trend is by what Hollywood thinks it is. I feel they are often out of touch with reality. Look at television and what shows are huge, again, it's not exactly reflected in the movie industry.
  • Options
    A large percentage of "younger people" read and there are some very huge selling supernatural books.

Yes. But they are still a niche market. It's not like even 1 in 5 fiction books released are supernatural-related.

• Options
    revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    Patching in something as big as ghosts for free would go a long way in building some good will among the fanbase, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 knows EA good use some.
    &PHgr;
  • Options
    pguida wrote: »
    A large percentage of "younger people" read and there are some very huge selling supernatural books.

Yes. But they are still a niche market. It's not like even 1 in 5 fiction books released are supernatural-related.

LOL, we will just have to disagree on this one.

I think supernatural is not a niche, it's very much a large part of what people go to for entertainment. The studios are mostly run by men who think that the movie goers share their interests....T&A with fast cars and guns....they have no clue.

It's sort of reflected in the gaming industry, they also have no clue. Studies show that the average gamer is a woman in her 30's yet they don't even cater to her. They still think that it's a young man's "world".

No offense to young men, of course, and I'm not saying these women gamers aren't into the same first person shooters....they are....however, the marketing for these games shows how out-of-touch the industry has become.

And.....no, I don't have the source for the study. It was posted on the Sims 3 forum by somebody and I remember it because it surprised me.
  • Options
    revgrv wrote: »
    Patching in something as big as ghosts for free would go a long way in building some good will among the fanbase, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 knows EA good use some.

I think so too.
  • Options
    Dragonrose69Dragonrose69 Posts: 748 Member
    If they are patching something new to the game in, then I will be happy to get free content, whatever it may be.
  • Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    If they are patching something new to the game in, then I will be happy to get free content, whatever it may be.

Quoted for truth. I, like many, hope that it's ghosts. I'm not getting my hopes up for anything more than that. Anything Halloween themed is something I'll love. =)
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    I would like to see ghosts make a return as long as it's not like it was in Sims 3. Sims 2 ghosts were so much better. No more playable ghosts please. That was just silly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Kamb64 wrote: »
    I would like to see ghosts make a return as long as it's not like it was in Sims 3. Sims 2 ghosts were so much better. No more playable ghosts please. That was just silly.

Yes please, no more playable ghosts or playable pets.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I don't really know how I feel about this. One one hand, I want them to give us missing stuff, but on the other, I hope it isn't grand scale like an EP or SP announcement. Even ghosts and especially a world if they plan on charging. Because that means they have been working on them before release and held them back on purpose. Anything releasing this close to launch that isn't a crummy object with no extra animations means they were working on them and thought it out long before the actual game launched.

But still...I want more stuff, but I will be mighty grumbly if it is something big.
  • Options
    Dragonrose69Dragonrose69 Posts: 748 Member
    My past experience from working with a game company in the past is that a game dev team has to submit ideas well in advance of even starting work on them so I would imagine EA has been in the planning stages for EPs well before the base game was launched. Often there are different teams working on different things. One team working on the base game then bug fixes and added content while another team is working on the first EP. As the base game gets more polished they may shunt people off to the EP or even on to another aspect like DLC. As for things being added to the game that could have, or in some opinion should have, been added to the base, they probably just weren't ready yet. Personally I'd prefer things that they *know* without a doubt are broken are withheld and added later when they work well. Bugs crop up, there are far more players then there are QC folks in any game company, and we players are much more likely to do things they don't think of hence we find those sneaky little things that QC may never find... or we have some obscure computer configuration that causes some funny business in our game.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    I don't really know how I feel about this. One one hand, I want them to give us missing stuff, but on the other, I hope it isn't grand scale like an EP or SP announcement. Even ghosts and especially a world if they plan on charging. Because that means they have been working on them before release and held them back on purpose. Anything releasing this close to launch that isn't a crummy object with no extra animations means they were working on them and thought it out long before the actual game launched.

But still...I want more stuff, but I will be mighty grumbly if it is something big.

I wouldn't like an EP this early for that reason but ghosts or even another world wouldn't bother me. I could easily see ghosts as something they were madly working on trying to get in before release and not quite making it.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Finally remembered and found (there goes my whole morning coffee break!) this survey from March of this year, around when they'd have had to be thinking about what was going to be ready to ship by base-game launch and what post-launch content would be shaped like. It's the one about "Gameplay Content A Packs" as well as "Expansion Packs": http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/745049.page A lot of that stuff under "Gameplay Content A Packs" is the kind of thing we're trained to expect in EPs. One on the Gameplay Content A Pack list -- professional gamer -- made it into the base game.

But now I'm moving my quarter from the ghost-patch jar to the Pleasant Rest Cemetery Gameplay Content A Pack and Premium Membership announcement jar.

Also, I want All Those Things.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    danderson852danderson852 Posts: 35 Member
    There seems to be a number of traditional signature elements of the Sims which seem to be left out this time round! Paper boy/girl, burglar, school bus and carpool to name a few! I mean, they're the very essence of the Sims and I would love to see a patch with these classic items included. :)
  • Options
    katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    I read an article mentioning that Sims 4 was going to have 50 or so expansion packs. I think there is just a miscommunication between the company and the players. To the players, and expansion pack means a massive gameplay-changing overhaul with all new worlds, venues, jobs, clothing etc. Like Generations or Into the Future. And to the company, right now now, for Sims 4, an expansion pack means more like a set of new objects and maybe a new life state or town to go along with it.

Sort of like how in Sims 3 the Roaring Heights Boardwalk came with coaster creation. For Sims 4, that venue and its content, would be considered a New Expansion Pack. The "Boardwalk Coaster" pack sort of thing. Which is why the article mentioned about 50 packs or so. They're still expansion packs, just smaller.

And I expect that many of these packs are already complete and ready. The Up-All-Night Pack for example, is what I would consider the first Expansion Pack. It added several new items and clothing. So I think they're going to announce the first "Official" pack which will most likely involve ghosts.

People have noticed that a "Reaping" skill is already available in base game, and you'll notice that preview image has the lady thinking about a scythe. My guess is that this pack will include a Reaper Scythe skill item which lets you reap ghosts, in addition to a few halloween items.
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea