Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

''NEW STUFF ON THE SIMS 4'' WHAAAAAAT?! :D

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    ShepherdmoonShepherdmoon Posts: 1,486 Member
    cool with getting gnomes. they should bury them and let us find the set thru digging. each one found carries decorative points & emotional auras.

Ugh, we already have that with the my sims, which are kinda the same thing.
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Well, this is EA, and while I would like to assume the best.. given their track record, I will expect the worst and hope for the best. At least this way my hopes won't be dashed if they announce something silly!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Well, I don't like gnomes or ghosts on my lot but I would like a cemetery. So far, I have created my own. Would be nice if we were getting some Halloween stuff to decorate with.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    I hope it isn't gnomes too. If it's Halloween themed then it needs to do the holiday justice - gnomes don't scream "Halloween" to me.
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    Darkslayer wrote: »
    I hope it isn't gnomes too. If it's Halloween themed then it needs to do the holiday justice - gnomes don't scream "Halloween" to me.
    in my case gnomes are Halloween , because I'm scared about them >.<
  • Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited September 2014
    nilanius wrote: »
    Rinilex wrote: »
    Maybe they are having ghosts get added in with the patch.

I was cynical at first, but that tweet makes it seem like a possibility...

Yeah, also if you dissect the post:
    Don't be afraid to check in on your Sims tomorrow in #TheSims

So most likely tomorrow will be a patch. A halloween based one most likely. Also note the words "Don't be afraid", possibly the patch is adding in the 1 emotion we don't got at the moment: fear.
    They may have unexpected guests!

Suggests someone or something supernatural, will be appearing. Trick or treaters, I doubt. They aren't likely to make a sim scream and think of peeing their pants. But a dead relative appearing as a ghost in front of them, would be unexpected, and cause that reaction.

Ghosts are unexpected and they do cause fear. nice call. i loved the sims 2 reactions the most. how they would jump and even pee their self or even pass out cold.
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited September 2014
    Darkslayer wrote: »

0_61_031108_gnome.jpg
    19749671927556774.jpg
    zombie-gnomes_o_431442.jpg

Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    Rinilex wrote: »
    Maybe they are having ghosts get added in with the patch.

I was cynical at first, but that tweet makes it seem like a possibility...

Yeah, also if you dissect the post:
    Don't be afraid to check in on your Sims tomorrow in #TheSims

So most likely tomorrow will be a patch. A halloween based one most likely. Also note the words "Don't be afraid", possibly the patch is adding in the 1 emotion we don't got at the moment: fear.
    They may have unexpected guests!

Suggests someone or something supernatural, will be appearing. Trick or treaters, I doubt. They aren't likely to make a sim scream and think of peeing their pants. But a dead relative appearing as a ghost in front of them, would be unexpected, and cause that reaction.

Ghosts are unexpected and they do cause fear. nice call. i loved the sims 2 reactions the most. how they would jump and even pee their self or even pass out cold.

Well if they add the fear emotion in... perhaps it will bring about a new death type too: scared to death.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    OH that picture! Yikes!

I hope it's not gnomes. LOL I'm not even on Sims 4 yet, but I hope it's not gnomes! I would imagine ghosts and maybe some decor to go with it. I feel like store stuff will be like mini-EP concepts which I kinda like a lot (the idea of).
  • Options
    Someone posted in another thread that Grant said on Twitter that the gnomes were the tip of the iceberg.

Whatever that means.
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited October 2014
    ebuchala wrote: »
    Someone posted in another thread that Grant said on Twitter that the gnomes were the tip of the iceberg.

Whatever that means.

Well, if you squint really hard....their pointy hats look like an iceberg and it has a tip.....

Stretching? Yep! LOL

I think that you guys are going to be really disappointed, might want to pull back on those expectations and excitement a little bit. I would hate for anybody to be sad or disappointed.

I think it will be ghost gnomes because real ghosts would require places for them to go to like a grave yard. Will they be adding them as well? Guess we will find out tomorrow, I know I won't be buying any decor/costumes. I'm trying to be very careful about what I add to Sims 4 so the loading screens don't increase.

I made the mistake of buying everything for Sims 3 and then loading it down with mods/cc. It took around 30 minutes to get from opening Origin to getting into the game because of all that "stuff". I don't want to repeat that mistake with Sims 4.
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Instead of any serious fixes and stuff we really need it's sounds like EA is working on the easy road with a cheap DLC.

@bluebeard45

has my vote
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    ebuchala wrote: »

Whatever that means.

Well, if you squint really hard....their pointy hats look like an iceberg and it has a tip.....

Stretching? Yep! LOL

I think that you guys are going to be really disappointed, might want to pull back on those expectations and excitement a little bit. I would hate for anybody to be sad or disappointed.

I think it will be ghost gnomes because real ghosts would require places for them to go to like a grave yard. Will they be adding them as well? Guess we will find out tomorrow, I know I won't be buying any decor/costumes. I'm trying to be very careful about what I add to Sims 4 so the loading screens don't increase.

I made the mistake of buying everything for Sims 3 and then loading it down with mods/cc. It took around 30 minutes to get from opening Origin to getting into the game because of all that "stuff". I don't want to repeat that mistake with Sims 4.
    If it costs money, I won't be getting it (unless it's really phenomenal). If it's free, I'll get it and maybe even use it at some point (haven't use the gnome flamingo thing yet). My expectations are...well, I wouldn't say basement level, probably hovering around the first floor, maybe eying the stairs speculatively.
  • Options
    AeroSimmerAeroSimmer Posts: 212 Member
    Instead of any serious fixes and stuff we really need it's sounds like EA is working on the easy road with a cheap DLC.

CHEAP DLC? Did you just say cheap? :p Did you mean $$DLC$$ ?
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    I'm guessing if you have gnomes on your lot, they will come alive! =O
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    Ralf453Ralf453 Posts: 1,158 Member
    It sounds to me like a ghost update :)
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif