Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dead Sims In Friend List

Anyone else annoyed that all your Sims' friends who have died are still listed as friends, they're just greyed out? Obviously they don't still count as friends for careers or anything, but I think it's dumb to have them still listed under their friend panel at all. They take up so much room and it's kind of depressing seeing all my Sims' dead friends, lol.

Comments

• icftlduicftldu Posts: 147 Member
    Yes I noticed this last night. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
  • MadarasQueenMadarasQueen Posts: 544 Member
    Anyone else annoyed that all your Sims' friends who have died are still listed as friends, they're just greyed out? Obviously they don't still count as friends for careers or anything, but I think it's dumb to have them still listed under their friend panel at all. They take up so much room and it's kind of depressing seeing all my Sims' dead friends, lol.

they want to taunt our sims of painful memories of losing a sim :( lol...
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I like that
    21mbz47.jpg
  • AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    Friendship never dies.
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    There is a resurrect power in the game.
    The game doesn't nor should know if your other sims can bring back these deceased to life thus there is no reason not to have deceased sims in the list.
  • jadealixjadealix Posts: 788 Member
    Geesh. Maybe they want to remeber them lol.
  • krystle0385krystle0385 Posts: 563 Member
    You can resurrect Sims? Not that I want to.. Let the dead stay dead!
  • JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited September 2014
    Yeah I have several rows of dead sims in the relationships panel. I hope they remove that..
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    it's because sims are able to be resurrected, using the book of life, so if the player wants to there's that option.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • MissLaraeMissLarae Posts: 215 Member
    So they keep dead sims on the list but they kick off living relatives? Mmmm...
  • ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    MissLarae wrote: »

They randomly remove the dead ones too, when that happens, the names for their tombstones get removed. Happened to my legacy founder :(

🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I've posted a q. about this in the SimGuru talk thread.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

They randomly remove the dead ones too, when that happens, the names for their tombstones get removed. Happened to my legacy founder :(

What?! Why would they remove the names from the tombstones? That doesn't even make sense :(
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member

What?! Why would they remove the names from the tombstones? That doesn't even make sense :(

The game has two culling subroutines that cull from the population. For some reason we do not understand, dead Sims are considered part of that population. The recent patch has made it so only homeless Sims are culled, and I think dead Sims are considered homeless, even if their tombstone/urn is at your home. Once the dead Sim is culled, anything associated with him/her by name will have that name erased because the Sim no longer exists in the population.

There is a mod that will prevent this, but only up to the current max population figure, which is currently defined at 180. There is also a mod to stop continual spawning of townies, which puts the population higher. The modders are looking at trying to fix the "dead Sim as part of population" thing and are also looking to see if the max population can be tweaked.
    MsPhy wrote: »

The game has two culling subroutines that cull from the population. For some reason we do not understand, dead Sims are considered part of that population. The recent patch has made it so only homeless Sims are culled, and I think dead Sims are considered homeless, even if their tombstone/urn is at your home. Once the dead Sim is culled, anything associated with him/her by name will have that name erased because the Sim no longer exists in the population.

There is a mod that will prevent this, but only up to the current max population figure, which is currently defined at 180. There is also a mod to stop continual spawning of townies, which puts the population higher. The modders are looking at trying to fix the "dead Sim as part of population" thing and are also looking to see if the max population can be tweaked.

Thanks for all the info! Ugh, I hope there will be a permanent fix from a patch in the future since I don't download CC or mods. I used to download all sorts of things in my game but I'm really bad at trying to sort out the good ones from the bad so I end up corrupting my game.

• jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    I see where you're coming from. Mine are piling up too. For me, I rather have them there because the absence of the family tree. I don't see why they couldn't make a separate column for dead friends/relatives though.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @SimGuruHolms says their looking into a range of issues around spawning and culling and population etc., and that it's possible the issue around dead Sims will fix itself in the process but he'll look into it.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12773864/#Comment_12773864:
    There are some known bugs involving the population count and culling in general. We are actively working to fix a number of these problems so you see less culling of Sims, and in particular less culling of Sims you know. The way it is SUPPOSED to work is it only deletes Sims when the cap is hit, and only Sims that your Sims have no relationship with, with the Sims that haven't been loaded being culled first. Unfortunately there are several issues, including the fact that we keep generating Sims when we don't need to, that are making the culling problem much worse. As far as the dead Sim go, this may not be a problem when we fix the other issues, but I'll look into it. The ideal is you don't need to worry about this at all because only Sims you have never interacted with ever get culled, and even then, only rarely.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    No point keeping dead sims greyed in relationships fro Book of Life. Book of life needs to be started BEFORE they die.
  • Boon81Boon81 Posts: 25 Member
    Problem I'm getting is all living town friends get removed from personal list but I have like 40 ghosts in my list with no relationship with.
  • Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    edited March 2015
    MsPhy wrote: »

Thanks for all the info! Ugh, I hope there will be a permanent fix from a patch in the future since I don't download CC or mods. I used to download all sorts of things in my game but I'm really bad at trying to sort out the good ones from the bad so I end up corrupting my game.

Perhaps you should rethink this ...
    in TS 3 the use of mods makes the difference between a great game and a game riddled with bugs.

While it is too early to say something like this for TS 4 ... it wouldn´t be surprised if this became the case for TS 4 as well

As for OP:
    It is definitely annoying ... especially if you take into account that neither in TS 2 nor in TS 3 this was a problem ... in both games you would get a notification one day before a friends death that you should use the last chance to see your old friend ... and would have your Sims mounr their friend after his/her death ... all this without having to have an urn on the households lot
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    edited March 2015
    Re. The gravestones and names disappearing, the inscription stays so just add your sims name to that (eg. all mine are RIP <sim name>). That said, this hasn't happened in my current game yet and I'm on gen 8ish, I've built a special 'urn room' to stash the many urns I have by now:)