Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone found recolors for the slew of white doors?

I am rather annoyed that most of the doors in the regular height catagory only come in one color: white. such a wide variety that it provides for style, but rather limited by no color options.

Comments

• simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    As far as I've seen and everyone in this section of the forums no one has found out where the object (build/buy) files are to edit.
    Some folks are working on figuring it out but it's only been about a week, time is needed.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • ellisg360ellisg360 Posts: 11 New Member
    it really sucks that we are so limited with this game. there are only like 6 doors that have color options and even those aren't very appealing
  • Anzi130Anzi130 Posts: 140 Member
    I agree. The doors are very limited, and it's frustrating. I wanted to make a dark themed house for my male sim who was...well, a bully (lol) and it was quite hard finding doors to match the indoor feel of the house. I had to put doors in which had windows in them (-.-) cause I didnt want to use the white doors.
    Origin Account-Name: Anzi120
  • Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    On the other hand, there are a LOT more door and window meshes than shipped with either TS2 or TS3... so once we get recolors going we'll have plenty of options. Just a matter of time :)
  • VirtualPets65VirtualPets65 Posts: 133 Member
    I agree. I wanted to create a house that was themed orange-and-yellow for my evil bully Sim(orange and yellow are his favourite colours),but there really isn't much to choose from. Hopefully,someone will make color mods for the doors and windows.
  • icftlduicftldu Posts: 147 Member
    A few basic recolours of all those white doors would absolutely be fantastic.
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    icftldu wrote: »
    A few basic recolours of all those white doors would absolutely be fantastic.

If you use the search tool while looking for doors in build mode, and tick each of the colour options, there are quite a lot of different coloured doors. I thought most of the doors were white until I tried using the search tool for different colours and was quite surprised to find so many different coloured doors.

• icftlduicftldu Posts: 147 Member
    @Sucom ohh I must give that a try. Thanks for the tip.