Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

... Seriously?

My Sims threw a birthday party for their son, Oliver. He was becoming a teen. In order to save some hassle, his Mother hired a caterer so she wouldn't need to cook herself. That was fine, and the party was a success. It wasn't until after everyone left, and my Sims started the after-party cleanup did I realize that someone (I'm assuming the caterer) started making pancakes SEVEN different times and left them unfinished in several areas of my home.

Why? Just why?
Origin ID: Loralahla
My Simblr: loralahla-sims << updated :)
2nar0uv.png

Comments

• Asuka7794Asuka7794 Posts: 1,431 Member
    edited September 2014
    Sims 4 coding team fail. I wouldn't expect anything less from the team that specializes in producing huge terminal velocity blubber filled whale flops.
    Post edited by Asuka7794 on
  • Wilhyral1Wilhyral1 Posts: 97 Member
    My wedding caterer had started two cakes and left them unfinished. It was the worst $48 I ever Sim-lost.
  • DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    Loralahla wrote: »
    My Sims threw a birthday party for their son, Oliver. He was becoming a teen. In order to save some hassle, his Mother hired a caterer so she wouldn't need to cook herself. That was fine, and the party was a success. It wasn't until after everyone left, and my Sims started the after-party cleanup did I realize that someone (I'm assuming the caterer) started making pancakes SEVEN different times and left them unfinished in several areas of my home.

Why? Just why?

...your.. nose is so mesmerizing..
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    It was intentional. The caterer dreamed of sabotaging teen birthdays ever since his mother made it all about herself and her bloody juice-making habits on his teen birthday.... It's a sad story....
  • LoralahlaLoralahla Posts: 214 Member
    Dariu wrote: »

O.o why..?

2nar0uv.png
  • cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member

Why? Just why?

But dos earfoans dayugnnnumm
    TL8ZBmw.gif
    edited September 2014

O.o why..?

I am an artist. I love sketching and drawing
    And occassionally i fell in love at first sight and just want to draw/sketch
  • cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    oh
  • Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    I had Pancake Bob as my caterer. He turned up, half made Mac & Cheese then spent the rest of the time chatting to people or staring at Frogs in the spare bedroom. Useless.
  • Ralf453Ralf453 Posts: 1,158 Member
    As long as they brought their own ingredients, I wouldn't mind if a caterer came to my house and started making me food, finished or not :p
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    My sims don't get parties. They get cakes only.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    I was not amused with my first Sim wedding when I found out my caterer did not supply or make the wedding cake, and that it was something that I was to have made before the event.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • psychotrip1psychotrip1 Posts: 237 Member

Why? Just why?

SHMARTER SIMZ!!!!!
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12696591/#Comment_12696591
    As I've posted elsewhere - any feedback both negative (how else is the team going to know what you don't like?!) and positive are welcome - just no fights/flames/trolls and you're good :) thanks.

• Kal_T0rakKal_T0rak Posts: 172 Member
    Every time I try and throw a party, the guests come inside and INSTANTLY head for the fridge and steal my leftovers. I'm half tempted to make a bunch of food and leave it out to spoil then put it back in the fridge to see if anyone is crazy enough to eat it.
    To be gorgeous and high and true and fine and fluffy and moist and sticky and lovely, all you have to do is to believe that one is gorgeous and high and true and fine and fluffy and moist and sticky and lovely.
    Kal_T0rak wrote: »
    Every time I try and throw a party, the guests come inside and INSTANTLY head for the fridge and steal my leftovers. I'm half tempted to make a bunch of food and leave it out to spoil then put it back in the fridge to see if anyone is crazy enough to eat it.

THAT MIDNIGHT

as your sim wanders half azleep for a midnight snack he went down to the fridge and got a glass of spoiled milk and 3 week old cookies without realizing.

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Why? Just why?

This is really sad and you know this is probably one of the things that will never be fixed.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LoralahlaLoralahla Posts: 214 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    Did you hire Bob Pancakes as your caterer?

When I did, he dug through the trash and sat around drinking my liquor. I had to get up and make food for my guests!

I never hired him again. There's one girl now I always hire and she does a great job.

I think it's designed so that some people are better and more dependable than others and it's more realistic that way! :)

I didn't! That's the surprising part. It was a woman... can't remember her name though. Needless to say, it took my Sims awhile to cleanup! Might just do the cooking myself next time lol
    2nar0uv.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I look at it like the Nanny in TS2 getting stuck in a loop, but not really, she kept getting bottles and leaving them all over the house. But if you got another one she might not do that. I'm not sure if it was ever really a bug or if it was just EA's weird sense of humor..or really bad programming. You never know with them. Or the butler who got stuck in a loop weeding the plants over and over...seems like the programmers don't really learn the next time.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    I found when that happens either Sims were in her way while cooking (standing in front of the stove), or she was interrupted by discussions.
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • burntcheese223burntcheese223 Posts: 1,157 Member

Why? Just why?

I had this problem too but then I realized that she had no place to prepare the meal on the counters so she just set it on things like to bookcase and coffee table.
  • steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    This happened to my sim at her wedding i think she ended up with about 6 or 7 wedding cakes lol
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Kal_T0rak wrote: »

I always throw out my leftovers before a party because the caterer can never get to the refrigerator to cook otherwise.
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    Did you hire Bob Pancakes as your caterer?

When I did, he dug through the trash and sat around drinking my liquor. I had to get up and make food for my guests!

I never hired him again. There's one girl now I always hire and she does a great job.

I think it's designed so that some people are better and more dependable than others and it's more realistic that way! :)

He did that at my one big wedding! I let the game select the caterer, and it happened to be Pancake Bob. The bartender kept putting out chips, so no one was hungry, but the father of the groom finally had to go make the cake himself. THEN someone grabbed a slice before he got the wedding topper on it, so he had to make another.