Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Aurora Legacy

Comments

• SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    Lol, I think every Legacy I read, there's a picture of the founder passed out on the ground with their butt in the air. :) I'm just swinging by your thread to let you know I'm taking a stab at reading thru, you have a lot posted, so need time to catch up lol. Look forward to it :)

I know - it's such a classic! Also, I think a lot of people was surprised about the new animation and wanted to immortalize it ;)

No pressure to read it all in one go - I'm rather long winded and haven't even made it to the 2nd gen yet!
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    Halberd has pulled a disappearing act, poor Britta she has to start hunting for a spouse from nothing once again...
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • MelReduxMelRedux Posts: 54 Member
    Halberd has pulled a disappearing act, poor Britta she has to start hunting for a spouse from nothing once again...

Suckssssssss :'(

That happened to my sim too, his girlfriend disappeared right when I was going to have him propose. They need to fix it!!
  • RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    edited September 2014

Oh, no! Even with the last patch they did (9/25)? I thought it said they fixed disappearing Sims. I'm nervous now about losing some of my Simmies. I am VERY attached to them. :(

I *think* (I read somewhere on here) that they only fixed disappearing sims from played households. So any spares that you kick out will be safe, but random townies will not be.
    MelRedux wrote: »
    I *think* (I read somewhere on here) that they only fixed disappearing sims from played households. So any spares that you kick out will be safe, but random townies will not be.

What a bummer, I was just about to move him in too! She ages up in 2 days and I am planning on having some sims move out to create more room...

Anyways, the bills just came in at §10,547 - I think I need a strategy!
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    edited September 2014
    I'm loving the legacy, btw. I've been reading it the whole time, but just decided to come out of lurk mode :D
    MelRedux wrote: »
    I'm loving the legacy, btw. I've been reading it the whole time, but just decided to come out of lurk mode :D

Thanks! Lurkers are the bread and butter of legacy writing :) But it's nice to get comments too :p

d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    20. The curious case of the visitor in the night time

So, you know, hi! Mom says it's my turn to do this diary keeping from now on. Kind of feels weird to talk to a book - I'm not even an author or journalist like dad. And even worse, I'm not even funny on paper!

Here I am in my work outfit, mom let me quit my job once I had reached the top of my career, which was great because the hours were killing me - and I never had any time for a private life! Hello - teenager here! I need my private life! It's bad enough I have to share a room with my niece, I don't need to spend all my evenings selling steam cleaners- I've been around those fumes so much I think I've grown allergic. I bet I grow up and become a slob, mom would have a heart attack!

2jsc98rmzcsezqofg.jpg

What's happening in the house? Not much I think - OMG so sorry Mika! We totally forgot your birthday, surprise?! She was sad the whole day, and no one was home to cheer her up either! At least she is the strongest adult I know, and the grimmest. Didn't even crack a smile when I gave her a Hulk PJ set - where's the sense of humor?

8ihqrdkfqfk17oefg.jpg

At least she is married to a great guy (my brother!) and he's promised to teach her to play the guitar, so now she's happier again. I don't think he's told her that mom made him do it - he needs to mentor sims for his aspiration, and mom is starting to get antsy about us kids "improving" ourselves. Melker is so put out about her using those words, he considers himself to be perfect you know...

ekom6n733hx0l74fg.jpg

Speaking of mom, she's an elder now. Dad baked her a cake and everything! She's happy to be dad's silver fox (yuck - I can't believe she made me write that). And dad is happy that he's not the only elder in the house.

2lbbf66vqi2msu2fg.jpg

They are still kind of cute together, but don't tell them I said so - I have to keep up appearances *teenage veneer of disdain activated*.

We are going out to dinner to let them have a date at home tonight - we just don't want Yvonne to see something that can't be unseen again....

6n4nj2osdnq9oggfg.jpg

A dark day has come. Dad apparently had a little too much fun last evening, because in the middle of the night he left mom in bed and then he left this world.

ww8lrmlcovo1fzkfg.jpg

I think I would have freaked out if I would have woken up to see a hooded man reading from a tablet in my bedroom - and seeing my loved one on the floor - but mom is way tougher than she might seem.

1tm6cmqb0s04hd1fg.jpg

Emelie: We meet again, old friend.

Grim: Yes, I have stayed away for several weeks to grant you more time with your husband, as per your mother's request. I hope that was to your liking?

Emelie: Yes, we did have a wonderful time - and tonight was especially amazing...

Grim: Please! Keep me out of your private business!

Emelie: Don't be such a prude!

Grim: Why did not your proper trait transfer in the trip to this dimension - I would never have had to suffer this kind of discussion from your former self!

Emelie: Oh, lighten up you old fart - So, any news on how many days I'll get...?

86e9j3cen8dc7oofg.jpg

Emelie: Thank you for bringing all those letters from the ts3 dimension - feel free to hang around if you have time. I'm of to work, but I'm sure the kids will keep you entertained.

dlie8e2peg38cw7fg.jpg

The strange hooded man called Grim hung out at our house for the day. He spent a lot of time contemplating our collection. The leaf frogs were of particular interest to him, and they seemed to thrive in the black smoke he was emitting.

cglnrjrwxstu34pfg.jpg

As mom requested we all did our best to entertain him. Mom says he's an old family friend from way back, and that we should get used to seeing him around. I don't know if he's really the kind of guy that I want to spend a lot of time with, but he was a good audience for my jokes and thanks to him I am now on the second step of my aspiration.

h15boec648s1g21fg.jpg

Other than comedy, he also seemed to appreciate music a lot - even the fumbling chords coming from Mika. He was really digging it there for a while!

fygsvkp3k7958nhfg.jpg

Before he left he pronounced Melker's latest work a masterpiece and wished us all luck in the future.

yho7a3ln56kbzh3fg.jpg

I know we all should have felt worse than we did with dad dying. It's not that we don't miss him, it's just that we knew we were living on borrowed time. And we had so much fun with him while he was here. I'm sure we will miss him more once we have time to realize he's gone...
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • RoseAzulRoseAzul Posts: 497 Member
    Wow, awesome update!
    Shhh!

• anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    great update
    sorry to see Grim... but can't be awoded in a legacy (he does look cool as a sim4)

I been wondering about the paintings... can you pick what the sims paint? or ad new options?
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • simbody872simbody872 Posts: 828 Member
    Well if your time is near, there is no better way to go ;)
    A Legacy Challenge. The Benton Legacy
    A Prettacy Challenge It Ain't Easy Being Green
  • RoaneRoane Posts: 204 Member
    I've always been too nervous that Grimmy will start reaping people at random if I get too friendly with him, so have never seen him hang around a lot that long. Pretty neat!
    The Geek Shall Inherit: The Merrigan Family Legacy Challenge -- Visit us on Tumblr.
    Origin ID: Tairgire
  • RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    I like how you have all of your collectibles out on the lawn, lol. I like this about Legacies, the whole family gets to contribute in finding them.
    anettesb wrote: »
    great update
    sorry to see Grim... but can't be awoded in a legacy (he does look cool as a sim4)

I been wondering about the paintings... can you pick what the sims paint? or ad new options?

I agree that he's pretty cool looking in ts4 :)

As for paintings: You can't choose a motif like in ts3 (where you could paint a still life) but you can choose style such as pop art, classic, surrealism and so on. You can also choose to paint an emotional painting when in that emotion. Those are great for getting your sim in a similar emotion later on.

Painting costs money now small=50, medium=75 and large=100 but as far as I know you always make a profit when you sell.
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    Roane wrote: »
    I've always been too nervous that Grimmy will start reaping people at random if I get too friendly with him, so have never seen him hang around a lot that long. Pretty neat!

When I was playing my ts3 immortal dynasty I got some sims to become pretty friendly with Grim once or twice (Grim grows old too because after a few gens there would once again be the option to learn Grims traits and so on). Grim seems way more interested in hanging around on the lot in ts4 than ts3 though.

He was a very pleasant guest at the house, mostly occupied with the frogs and didn't break anything or something like that.
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    great update

I agree that he's pretty cool looking in ts4 :)

As for paintings: You can't choose a motif like in ts3 (where you could paint a still life) but you can choose style such as pop art, classic, surrealism and so on. You can also choose to paint an emotional painting when in that emotion. Those are great for getting your sim in a similar emotion later on.

Painting costs money now small=50, medium=75 and large=100 but as far as I know you always make a profit when you sell.

ok thank you

fair enough that it cost to paint... would be nice if we could choose to paint specifik paintings... after discorvering them (like sculptures in sims3)
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    whats the frogs you talk about?
    whats the frogs you talk about?

It's a new collectible like my sims statues or chrystals. They work mostly like insects in ts4, they never die and you can use them as a decoration.
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    21. A fitting monument

Mom pretends she is fine, but we all know what she does when she visits dads gravestone. We put him to rest next to Melker's fountain in the back yard.

i4y6uo6loy1r3jxfg.jpg

The weekend after dad passed away we had a wake at the house. We watched the documentary about the ts3 dimension that have just been discovered, and mom shared some memories from way back when - and some stories about how she and dad met.

Strange, according to her they met at the gym - but I recall dad telling me they met at a bar...I wonder if all the exercise she's done lately has gone to her head?

qfco666tu5e9keufg.jpg

Mom started up about us children needing to "improve" ourselves, and Mika butted in on the conversation for once (she usually keeps a pretty low profile). She said "What we really should work on is getting a bigger house built - besides Melker has the Manor Baron aspiration - doesn't he?"

2fap3zs0orsfrk2fg.jpg

I felt all eyes go to me - now that I have officially taken over as heir mom has me taking responsibility for choices that will effect the legacy...so hard! Why can't I be carefree and young longer?

Anyways, bills are a big worry. I mean, without dad's paycheck (roughly §13,000-§15,000 a week) we would really have to struggle if the bills reached the +10k I had read about online. And since Mika didn't work (strange rule enacted by the Watcher) we only had mom at the top of her career - the rest of us hadn't even started yet...Besides, I knew Lukas and Mika wanted to move out - would we really need a larger house?

4d723sprbcc5oadfg.jpg

But mom looked so happy when we were discussing a new house, she had that smile we hadn't seen for days and that made me think getting something bigger might be a great idea.

Besides, like mom said "The new manor will be a great way to remember Brycen with, he contributed with almost 85% of this family's wealth, we should make this in his honor". So Brycen Manor was ordered from the watcher. And we were all filled with anticipation of what was to come.

08g5mdsvqg5p2pmfg.jpg

When we were packing up the house for the move Melker found this masterpiece, Cat on Toast or Toast on Cat, no matter what it's awesome.

3aamnc4ztymb6p8fg.jpg

One person who is more annoyed about the move than happy about it is Yvonne. She really doesn't like it that we are making her take care of packing all her art work herself. Touch luck kid.

I am sure hoping I will get my own bedroom in the new house.

g4dglx761nd0189fg.jpg

Mom said we should wait for the building crew in a traditional family manner. At first we had no clue what she was talking about, but apparently fishing used to be big in the family in the olden days. I'm not complaining, because Melker caught what he thought was a huge salmon - but it turns out it was only a log! I'm so going to use this in my next comedy routine!

03hydaalgi9ww80fg.jpg
    rzc28dhga69urrufg.jpg

Mom wants me to tell you that she is really happy about having her observatory back - it makes her feel more connected with our relatives in the ts3 dimension.

b6256sxkvlna9akfg.jpg

Unfortunately I am still sharing a room with Yvonne. And Lukas and Mika are expecting another addition to the family - I do hope I will get my own room then at least! I'm not cut out for caring for a baby yet!

gqgad09kkukd29gfg.jpg

The new house is sparsely furnished but has some great emotion rooms. So far the one that we like the most is the energized room - even if only one sim can use it at a time. Mika is especially fond of exercising at the moment. I think she should just take it easy, she is already super big from her pregnancy. All that bouncing up and down surely can't be good for the baby?

b4wtvq7zlb8ruubfg.jpg

Besides, I need to use the treadmill too! I need to get in shape so when I go to the gym (or was it a bar) to find a future spouse I can be in great shape and run them down if the try to escape (mom and me have been talking strategies). Why do I need a new man? Because Halberd the deceiver has skipped town. All he left was a note that said "Sayonara". Was that some kind of joke or what?!

41dqf9ynscri33rfg.jpg

No matter how much I complain about Yvonne she's not all bad. I mean, it's nice to have someone who looks up to you like she does, someone who always laughs at your jokes - and someone who doesn't leave town and just leaves a note behind!

mi6p7cg0e6gz3s5fg.jpg

Even if she still plays with dolls she's pretty cool.

lcfdt1qgs721tucfg.jpg
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    Nice update once more! :D
    renzilla wrote: »
    Nice update once more! :D

d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    22. Finding the 'one'

Mika has become an integral part of my strategy in meeting a new man. She walks the community lots every day to see if she can spawn someone from the bushes. Unfortunately most of the guys she meets are either old family friends (Alex was an adult when I was a child!) or married...

fp0bbai82at7bw6fg.jpg

Not to be deterred I gathered my courage and decided to head over to my friend Alex one evening.

8899d16nzrnu4ynfg.jpg

NO! I was not thinking anything would happen between the two of us - that's gross! But...

gfkub6729pj32zzfg.jpg

I knew he had a younger brother who is also a teen. His name is Oswaldo and he's a bit of a hot-headed loner....hmmmm...maybe not?

1dosd55oddlpi1kfg.jpg

Time was running out, my birthday was here! Mika made me a pink birthday cake - who says red heads can't wear pink all the time?

9m63of7hpadjbpjfg.jpg

I don't think aging up made me look that much older - but you never know. At least I will get myself some new clothes more in tune with my man hunting ways.

p4v9wou14px4uh0fg.jpg

I am sad to report that Mika has developed a serious technology addiction. She never puts the tablet away, not even for her bathroom breaks?! I love that life is weird - gives me more to joke about. I have written a comedy routine about it (not her, technology addiction in general) and am hoping she won't suspect a thing.

i4s53a3qf7yw7lofg.jpg

Even if I do use the computer when I write my jokes I prefer reading in my spare time. Dad left so many books just for us - and it's sometimes fun to read about B-Girl, the super hero who saved the day...

t2skw2mtsgvs3sffg.jpg

I've decided to hold off on getting a job and focus on finding a guy instead. I went to the gym in Oasis Springs (because my momma told me to) and met this guy - Antonio Caliente the son of Don Lothario and Dina Caliente. I also met Jasmine Richardson (Melker's crush, do you remember the girl with the hat). I think I might have made a good impression on Antonio so he could maybe be the one?

Also, I found out that Jasmine is a goofball too! I like her for my brother, I really do.

pkt0d7b490akpyxfg.jpg

Off to the park to work for some tips towards my aspiration. My only remaining childhood friend Cory showed up and donated a couple of simoleons. I am happy he's still here. But as he's still a teen I'm not feeling the romance - or should I?

c73bch9nw7bto30fg.jpg

Suddenly I spot Antonio again - with a ring on his finger!? Apparently he went and got hitched right after talking to me...talk about bad luck with men!

5xaalqzimsrmjmhfg.jpg

Mom, having got it into her head that Melker only likes girls with hats, started chatting to Rainn Nagy even if she's still a teen. During her conversation she was signing that she could be the one for Melker...I think she is way out of line. Besides, doesn't she realize Melker only has eyes for one woman?

bcckn4i1hiijqbbfg.jpg

I think I need to refine my routines more, because not even my friends could laugh at some of my jokes. I think Alex was too embarrassed to listen in the end so he wandered off without telling me if he thinks his brother likes me.

jx3j2dpke9v4g9tfg.jpg

Now to a not so laughing matter. Melker met Jasmine at the park.He was all googly eyes for her, and at first she seemed happy to see him too....

l5bv55foch5ydaefg.jpg

...either she was in a rotten mood, or he was really snotty and annoyed her, because after just a minute or two they had a red romantic bar and she gave him the "talk to the hand" wave. He came home all broken hearten and sad. What a witch! That's not the way to treat my BFF!

5znfi2yia6i63nifg.jpg
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • RoseAzulRoseAzul Posts: 497 Member
    Awwwwww, poor Melker
    Shhh!

RoseAzul wrote: »
    Awwwwww, poor Melker

I don't know why it happened. Maybe because goofball and snob are supposed to be conflicting traits? He did one flirty interaction that worked (hence the romance bar) and then it tanked completely.
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg