The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game crashes constantly - tried everything!

Comments

• Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited September 2014
    My game crashes within seconds... Glad I'm not the only one, but it is a pain >.< The backup process makes no sense to me either... :(
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,595 Member
    zorba2357 wrote: »
    Unfortunately with sims 3, and now 4, patches and EP's / SP's render previous saves unplayable.
    Only, from reports, for a very few people. Most of us seem to be playing Sims 4 through patches. Something else is happening.

And yes, sometimes hardware actually starts to fail gradually over time. It makes perfect sense that you might do something before the hardware started to fail and only notice problems when you keep doing that same thing after the hardware starts to fail. Your hardware doesn't just magically fail only when you install new software.

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    zorba2357 wrote: »
    cale2003 wrote: »
    Java_Joe wrote: »
    The thing is Sunirose some of us (I can only speak for myself here) have refreshed their folders and the game is still crashing 20 minutes later. In my case I've not only reinstalled the game twice, refreshed my folders to original setting twice, deleted my game and origin cache files, I play offline, and have origin shut off when playing, and tried just about every other solution to abate this issue and it is still happening. I play for 20-30 minutes and the game crashes. All my drivers are up to date, the game is patched up to date, and my system is well within the guidelines for proper game play.<br />
    <br />
    It should also be noted again that prior to the latest patch I had well over 200 game hours logged with no problems of this nature whatsoever. So it is without question an issue that was introduced with the latest patch and not a user related issue. We can white knight for EA and suggest solutions for the issue till the cows come home, but the fact remains until EA/Maxis recognizes the issue and elects to address it and fix it, the problem is not going to be going away any time soon.<br />
    <br />
    Have fun :)!

If the game will run only x long for you then crashes, you might be dealing with gradual hardware failure.

Hi,
    Yes this could be the case. Your hardware might be having problems.

Haha I seriously doubt it.

I think the part where he says he has over 200 game hours logged is significant. It's a HUNCH o.k. But @Java_Joe, are you adding back your old saved game files? Unfortunately with sims 3, and now 4, patches and EP's / SP's render previous saves unplayable.

Edit: Which kind-a sux because people become attatched to their ongoing played game etc.

I saved my old sims 2, and 3 sims , houses etc in sims 2 packs that at least could be reinstalled that way. With this game I don't think that's possible.
    Yes never thought about it, patches could be the issue.

PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • Java_JoeJava_Joe Posts: 21 Member
    Yeah Zorba I saw that, and I have been making sure not only eliminate any duplicate sims, but I have also made it a habit now when I log in to play to eliminate all the sims "not in the world" on the off chance one of them became bugged, and interacting with them might cause a crash. The only save games I've been reloading when I do a "reset" are ones I've made since the last patch, so one would assume those saves would be compatible with the most recent patch. One would assume anyways, but who knows right?

As for those suggesting a "gradual hardware failure", that is simply nonsense. For starters my hardware is less than 3 months old, and secondly I don't have any crash issues with any of the dozens of other games I play. While I am no IT guy, common sense seems to dictate that if hardware failure is the result of these Sims 4 crashes, it would affect the other games as well. That is simply not the case. As mentioned several times earlier I had over 200 hours logged in game before this issue started, which timing wise coincided with the last patch. White Knight for EA all you like, but you aren't apt to convince me the problem isn't directly related to the last patch. Again, that is just common sense talking.

edited September 2014
    Java_Joe wrote: »
    Yeah Zorba I saw that, and I have been making sure not only eliminate any duplicate sims, but I have also made it a habit now when I log in to play to eliminate all the sims "not in the world" on the off chance one of them became bugged, and interacting with them might cause a crash. The only save games I've been reloading when I do a "reset" are ones I've made since the last patch, so one would assume those saves would be compatible with the most recent patch. One would assume anyways, but who knows right?<br />
    <br />
    As for those suggesting a "gradual hardware failure", that is simply nonsense. For starters my hardware is less than 3 months old, and secondly I don't have any crash issues with any of the dozens of other games I play. While I am no IT guy, common sense seems to dictate that if hardware failure is the result of these Sims 4 crashes, it would affect the other games as well. That is simply not the case. As mentioned several times earlier I had over 200 hours logged in game before this issue started, which timing wise coincided with the last patch. White Knight for EA all you like, but you aren't apt to convince me the problem isn't directly related to the last patch. Again, that is just common sense talking.<br />
    <br />

Didn't know you were on a new system or playing other games alongside this one - sorry 'bout that. The bit about "every 20 minutes" sounded more like a hardware issue, as it's not tied to any particular in-game action. (Personally, I'd played thousands of hours on Sims 3 before it became the bellwether that some of my hardware -- well over spec but a few years old -- was failing, so I don't count hours played as a meaningful metric.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited September 2014
    Ah so its only Sims 4? Probably a patch messed it up. But thats just my personal guess. Or you could try running Origin in Offline Mode.
    PC Specs:
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    6685561181.png
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    There was another person who seemed fairly knowledgeable who said he solved his issue - it was a backround program running on his computer, unrelated to sims 4, but he said that solved the issue, removing or shutting the other program off. I'll see if I can find the threads but it was a few weeks ago.
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Ah so its only Sims 4? Probably a patch messed it up. But thats just my personal guess. Or you could try running Origin in Offline Mode.

My game played fine...for hours. Then the last patch and my game crashes after 15-20 minutes.

That's no hardware failure, that is PATCH FAILURE.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
    Zolt65 wrote: »

My game played fine...for hours. Then the last patch and my game crashes after 15-20 minutes.

That's no hardware failure, that is PATCH FAILURE.

expected that cause its EA
    PC Specs:
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    6685561181.png
  • EiszimmerEiszimmer Posts: 969 Member
    Same here, mine was working gloriously until a couple days ago and I use the game heavily. EA better fix this ASAP.
  • Heloise55Heloise55 Posts: 2 New Member
    hey guys so mine is crashing aswell. Ive reinstalled it and it still happens. It crashes as soon as the game starts loading so I haven't even had any gameplay. Ive got 8gb ram, processor core i7 so I wouldn't think its my system?
  • TheBuffster73TheBuffster73 Posts: 201 Member
    Mine has been fine after some initial crashing when the game first came out. Yesterday my game update and now the crashes are back :(
    If the Apocalypse comes beep me
    If any of you have a file in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims4 called lastcrash.txt, could you copy-paste its contents here? If for some reason you can't, you could upload it to Dropbox or Mediafire and add a link here (with spaces if you are a new member and can't post links).
  • DavidMCSessyDavidMCSessy Posts: 1,148 Member
    I was experiencing lots of crashes before, I don't know if it was from the update or not. It crashed while travelling, while loading CAS or changing settings. Sometimes it just crashed, without an error while playing and it was driving me mad.
    What I did was upgrade to a x64bit OS as I was with a x32bit one. I haven't experienced any crashes from then and I'm pretty happy with my game. :)
    5k381e.png

My TumblrMy Twitter
  • OnigiriChan93OnigiriChan93 Posts: 4 New Member
    I found this post online (OP: Jovan on The Sims 4 News), so I thought I'd post this 'fix' here. It's a long shot as a fix for your particular problem; but it could be that this is causing/exacerbating the problem:

Open your Documents folder (or a folder where your The Sims 4 Save Game folder is), Electronic Arts > The Sims 4. There’ you’ll find a folder called ”cache” and a file named localthumbcache.

Feel free to delete the localthumbcache file!

When it comes to the cache folder, open it and delete everything that’s inside of it *except* the FileCache.cfg file!
  • ajgisgkcgajgisgkcg Posts: 29 Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > If any of you have a file in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims4 called lastcrash.txt, could you copy-paste its contents here? If for some reason you can't, you could upload it to Dropbox or Mediafire and add a link here (with spaces if you are a new member and can't post links).

I looked in that area and there is no lastcrash.txt
  • TrinkaLsTrinkaLs Posts: 31 New Member
    > @MaryJos said:
    > "have any of you cleaned the inside of their computers ? Too much dust can act as insulation that causes heat and eventually crashes... Maybe it could work for some people.... I did mine and it still crashes but maybe it could help someone else..."

I have a brand new computer (like I got it for sims 4 brand new) and I'm getting the crashes everyone else is getting... This isn't a dust issue. I just installed the game for the first time less than 5 days ago.
  • SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
    Have you tried any of the old sims 3 error code fixes? Like adding your .exe file to DEP?
  • TrinkaLsTrinkaLs Posts: 31 New Member
    Has anyone had any luck resolving the issue? Tell us what worked.
  • bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited October 2014
    This could be interesting to read this post - crashes

"There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area we call the The Sims 4."
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • SimmindipitySimmindipity Posts: 674 Member
    Having the same issue... Getting this error. Crash started yesterday today it has gotten worst. Once my game loads it crashes...

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: TS4.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.728.0
    Application Timestamp: 541cba5f
    Fault Module Name: TS4.exe
    Fault Module Version: 1.0.728.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 541cba5f
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00c99e4e
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 7c9a
    Additional Information 2: 7c7f300e8ed889ff9eacaf10fc86faf6
    Additional Information 3: 4760
    Additional Information 4: 7a855bd3130fcc2ff6ae8fd4f9fb3997

Read our privacy statement:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409
  • LOVE_LOCKDOWNLOVE_LOCKDOWN Posts: 324 Member
    My game crashes but no error message. I only get about 1 min of game play. I have a brand new alienware MX17
    http://sir-greendown.tumblr.com/
    2i0aybc.jpg

To find these sims4 creations type SOULB1 under origin ID.

• CabsCabs Posts: 127 Member
    My game keeps crashing since the second to the last patch as well. Sometimes after five minutes, sometimes I can play for hours, but they seem to get more frequent. I've also tried several of the things suggested. Before anyone asks, yes I play on the laptop, but it's a new gaming laptop and I'm quite sure that isn't the issue. ;) I can't help but think it must be something with the patch as I haven't had any problems before.
  • LOVE_LOCKDOWNLOVE_LOCKDOWN Posts: 324 Member
    Cabs wrote: »
    My game keeps crashing since the second to the last patch as well. Sometimes after five minutes, sometimes I can play for hours, but they seem to get more frequent. I've also tried several of the things suggested. Before anyone asks, yes I play on the laptop, but it's a new gaming laptop and I'm quite sure that isn't the issue. ;) I can't help but think it must be something with the patch as I haven't had any problems before.

Me and you are in the same boat. I had no issues at all until the 2nd patch and my laptop is brand new less than 1 month old.
    http://sir-greendown.tumblr.com/
    2i0aybc.jpg

To find these sims4 creations type SOULB1 under origin ID.

• tarynkaybtarynkayb Posts: 60 Member
    My laptop is a couple years old, but I played beautifully for about 2 weeks until (I presume) the second patch. Now crashy crash all over the place =/