Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is There A Way To Reset Skills?

Hey guys! So I figured out my Chester Bennington Sim had level 5 in guitar as soon as I started the game because I made him from another Sim I had played with, instead of with a random generated Sim (It's just most of them are so ugly! xD) and he also has a lot of other skills...

I wonder why he kept the skills when he didn't keep his friends and job... Like, Why not get rid of everything?

So... Is there any way to reset his skills?

Comments

• Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    stats.set_skill_level AdultMajor_Guitar X

X = the number level of the skill you want assigned from 1- 10

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • marioXtremomarioXtremo Posts: 1,773 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    stats.set_skill_level AdultMajor_Guitar X

X = the number level of the skill you want assigned from 1- 10

Thank you! :)

But isn't it weird that it kept the skills?

#WeirderSotries I guess?... xD
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    I guess once you get the skill it stays?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    If you edited a downloaded sim, the answer should be obvious, no friends cause their friends are on another planet (world lol), if you edited a random generated townie, those don't get jobs only played (goths and stuff are preplayed by devs I assume) sims usually if ever come with jobs and stuff already.
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    I guess once you get the skill it stays?

Yeah maybe... but why? :(

He's a new Sim! Just made from the "template" of another one of my Sims... the whole "template" thing should just go away once you change the name...
  • natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    Make sure you have testingcheats on, when trying the above cheat.
    edited September 2014
    SimKeats wrote: »
    If you edited a downloaded sim, the answer should be obvious, no friends cause their friends are on another planet (world lol), if you edited a random generated townie, those don't get jobs only played (goths and stuff are preplayed by devs I assume) sims usually if ever come with jobs and stuff already.

I said I edited one of my own Sims! D:

I didn't have it and it worked! xD

Will there be any problem if I save him like that? With no skills due to a cheat?
    Will there be any problem if I save him like that? With no skills due to a cheat?
  • natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member

You should be fine, make a backup for safe keeping.

• SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member

Actually, you said you created your sim from a sim you played, which is basically the opposite.

Actually, you said you created your sim from a sim you played, which is basically the opposite.

Yeah, I made a Sim (the one who's taking the selfie in my avi) and then when I thought about making a new Sim I was tired of "rolling" the dice and getting random ugly Sims so I took him and edited him, then I thought I would make Chester Bennington and edited him...

It's exactly what you do with random generated Sims, except with your own Sims...
  • somnambulist07somnambulist07 Posts: 50 Member
    edited September 2014
    Wouldn't creating a new sim, choosing the genetics tab and create twin work? I assume the created twin would look pretty much identical. Then just delete the template sim from the household.
    Wouldn't creating a new sim, choosing the genetics tab and create twin work? I assume the created twin would look pretty much identical. Then just delete the template sim from the household.

I didn't even think of that... I already saved Chester that way, with no skills from the cheat, tho... but thanks for the advice! :P
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Ohh ty ty ty @somnambulist07 !!! Im going to try that right now
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • NihongoGeekNihongoGeek Posts: 3 New Member
    Is there a way to do this with a young adult sim? I made my sim a Kleptomaniac, but I didn't realize that stealing things increases your mischief skill, and now she's at level 5, but I want to remove the skill completely. I've already taken her back into CAS to remove the kleptomaniac trait and replaced it with another one.
  • Audio_5urfAudio_5urf Posts: 655 Member
    Generally replacing traits with the cheat doesn't entirely work everytime.

I learned that with a noncommital sim that I decided wasn't going to have commitment problems.. well, they thought otherwise since they would still get tense from being in the same relationship or job every morning

Easier just to make a twin of said sim in cas with the desired traits. Facial features are identical.. body shape can slightly vary, but not by a lot. (Like bust size for females)

I also do the twin thing if I want to reset a sim completely.. and trust me, I shove my face into the screen doing side by side comparisons to make sure they are as identical as possible.
    Lets make The Sims 4 great again!
    -- Origin ID: Audio5urf --
    Feel free to add me, and check out my gallery shenanigans.
  • NihongoGeekNihongoGeek Posts: 3 New Member
    Ok, but how do I remove or reduce a skill down?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited June 2016
    Ok, but how do I remove or reduce a skill down?

You can drag the skill level down with the UI Cheats Extension mod (IIRC) or you can use the cheats here, but not right down to zero:
    http://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#Skills
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Yeah, either stats.set_skill_level major_(skill name) (1-10)

OR

Make a twin for a complete reset.
  • rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    lol yeah I remember downloading a Sim and editing him from the Gallery, then went into the game with him and ALL of his skills were maxed out and he had also completed every Aspiration and I want to say the jobs too...like he had all of the extra traits you get from the Rewards Store and from completing the Aspirations.
    That's why I notate any major accomplishments if it's not a cas fresh sim like maxed skills, completed aspirations, and high career level... who knows, maybe people like some seasoned sims on the gallery
  • Emma_9968Emma_9968 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I know no one has posted on this thread in awhile but I can't get this cheat to work for me. Any suggestions?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    edited October 2016
    Emma_9968 wrote: »
    Hi, I know no one has posted on this thread in awhile but I can't get this cheat to work for me. Any suggestions?

Hello @Emma_9968
    Welcome to the forums! :)
    Are you trying to set the skill level of a sim at a particular level or trying to reset the sim to having no skills?
    This is a link to cheats to set the sim at a particular level. You need to first type in
    testingcheats true
    http://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#Skills
    Don't use the brackets. You can't completely reset the sim to zero using cheats though.