Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An EP theme you DON'T want to see In The Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited September 2014
    Thing is with pets, is I can't see them doing horses right in this game, which was the shining jewel of pets in 3.

That leaves me lukewarm on pets in TS4.
  • Options
    NianaNiana Posts: 211 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    Thing is with pets, is I can't see them doing horses right in this game, which was the shining jewel of pets in 3.

I always felt like pets needed to much attention in Sims 3, if I didn't pet my cat for 12 hours it would be taken away.
    You could neglect your kids for longer periods in the game than your pets...
  • Options
    constanceconstance Posts: 1,379 Member
    Simley wrote: »
    Pets. I love my pets in real life, but for me they only add tedium to the game. I want more focus on the Sims themselves.
    Isn't focussing on a sim that loves an animal focussing on the sims themselves? Or do you only want to sit and stare at them talking and multitasking?

Well, first of all, we could add more depth to the Sims family relationships. Yea, Sims 4 has more interactions, but there aren't nearly enough. I kinda agree with Simley in that I'd to see an EP that encourages more focus on the Sims themselves before they add anything supernatural or pet-themed.

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Niana wrote: »

I always felt like pets needed to much attention in Sims 3, if I didn't pet my cat for 12 hours it would be taken away.
    I'd prefer an EP where you don't have to control the pets yourself to be honest.
    Just feed them, make sure they have enough to play with and let them do their thing (well, like in real life ;-)).

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited September 2014

I never realized you had to pet your cat once every 12 hours, guess I always did.

P.S. I consider the controllable animals a Sim in the Sims.

• Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    Pets. I love my pets in real life, but for me they only add tedium to the game. I want more focus on the Sims themselves.
    Isn't focussing on a sim that loves an animal focussing on the sims themselves? Or do you only want to sit and stare at them talking and multitasking?
    I know this wasn't aimed at me but I do agree to an extent that pets did get a little boring after a while. For me, I miss not having to control the pets but have more interactions with sims and pets. For example, I miss getting ribbons for doing pet shows. Your sims had to be really involved with teaching your pet to get those ribbons. I also miss the variety of toys and interactions pets once had.
  • Options
    constance wrote: »

Well, first of all, we could add more depth to the Sims family relationships. Yea, Sims 4 has more interactions, but there aren't nearly enough. I kinda agree with Simley in that I'd to see an EP that encourages more focus on the Sims themselves before they add anything supernatural or pet-themed.
    They can add a million cosy animations of sims cuddling each other, that won't mean a thing to me if the setting isn't right. If my sims aren't surrounded by stuff to give those animations a foundation. Two sims cuddling on a couch doesn't give their lifes depth in itself.

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Clk1143 wrote: »
    I know this wasn't aimed at me but I do agree to an extent that pets did get a little boring after a while. For me, I miss not having to control the pets but have more interactions with sims and pets. For example, I miss getting ribbons for doing pet shows. Your sims had to be really involved with teaching your pet to get those ribbons. I also miss the variety of toys and interactions pets once had.
    Was that in Sims 2? I like the sound of that.
    (it was like that with the horses by the way; the jockey career)

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014

They can add a million cosy animations of sims cuddling each other, that won't mean a thing to me if the setting isn't right. If my sims aren't surrounded by stuff to give those animations a foundation. Two sims cuddling on a couch doesn't give their lifes depth in itself.

right.

that's why I said we need an EP that encourages that. I mean, duh, you couldn't have your Sims snuggling on nothing. The Generations EP, I thought, was a good concept. It just didn't have enough. In Sims 2, the adult Sims could dance with the child Sims. It was the cutest thing ever. TS3 Generations brought reading your kids to sleep, but we just needed more. Stuff like bouncing the toddlers on your lap, tucking your newborns/toddlers/children in while they're sleep, putting assignments where children got A+'s on the refrigerator -- as well as drawings by toddlers or children, spooning in the bed, swinging kids around, going on camping trips, celebrating engagements, baby showers, Sweet Sixteen and anniversary parties, etc. If we could pack all that into an EP, I'd be all over it.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I was disappointed with ITF. I hope they don't do that again. Well, they can, I just won't buy it.

I may not buy pets this round either. I love the little critters, just not in the game.
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    Clk1143 wrote: »
    Was that in Sims 2? I like the sound of that.
    (it was like that with the horses by the way; the jockey career)

It was in sims 1 actually. You set up these little blue tables and judges would look at your cat or dog. Then you would get announcement at the end if you got a ribbon or not. Pets were better to me in sims 1.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited September 2014
    Most hated: I hope they never do an ITF, ever again. And I really don't want to see another Pets ep again, although I know they will make it, too many want this in their games. Showtime, or anything related to a "Superstar" career. :#

I did love Supernatural, which I really didn't think I would, just make the vamps and witches with a little more "teeth" this time. That and Seasons...loved Seasons in all of the sims' games.

Edit to say, love the idea of a vacation ep. WA was actually one of very most favorites, along with Ambitions. I still play those eps and I only have about 4-5 eps loaded, any more and my computer refuses to behave. :(
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    Is it weird that i love all expansion packs???

But in all honesty supernatural was a bit over the top with the zombies on my lawn.
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • Options
    AmphibienAmphibien Posts: 85 Member
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Supernatural. That is how i play! :heart:

I loved supernatural aswell, for me it was the best s3 ep ever :)

But i guess we all have to live with expansions we don't like, im kind of sure I have to get over a superstar variation again : /

These Supernatural haters need to step back! I do think the EP in general was VERY poorly implemented though but the ideas was nice. I ended up staying only for the fairies and boy do I love fairies. I wish the witches can actually do stuff this time beside cheats friggin needs.
  • Options

right.

that's why I said we need an EP that encourages that. I mean, duh, you couldn't have your Sims snuggling on nothing. The Generations EP, I thought, was a good concept. It just didn't have enough. In Sims 2, the adult Sims could dance with the child Sims. It was the cutest thing ever. TS3 Generations brought reading your kids to sleep, but we just needed more. Stuff like bouncing the toddlers on your lap, tucking your newborns/toddlers/children in while they're sleep, putting assignments where children got A+'s on the refrigerator -- as well as drawings by toddlers or children, spooning in the bed, swinging kids around, going on camping trips, celebrating engagements and anniversary parties, etc. If we could pack all that into an EP, I'd be all over it.
    Good example: the Generations EP didn't do that much to me because it was all animations really (and a creepy imaginary friend I couldn't imagine my little ones liking let alone loving).
    EP's that add depth to the game for me are the ones that offer me something to base a story on. World Adventures, Ambitions (new jobs), Pets, Supernatural, Into The Future.
    I don't care for an EP that enables me to let my sims bounce - non existing - toddlers on their knees. I love new animations, good animations are necessary, but not the frame of the game.

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SugarysimSugarysim Posts: 440 Member
    Surprised so many weren't/aren't keen on the pets. I do think pets should require a little less attention if they are added to Sims 4.
    E6Gi2HA.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    hafizchan wrote: »
    Is it weird that i love all expansion packs???

But in all honesty supernatural was a bit over the top with the zombies on my lawn.
    Me too ;)
    The zombies would have been alright if they wouldn´t keep on popping up all day and all of the nights...

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    A Future themed EP is not something I'd like to see. I find it dull.

I will say, I welcome a Freetime EP. Put some sports, more careers, more family games, maybe some open restaurants, etc and I'd be happy :)
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • Options
    VININIANNEVININIANNE Posts: 252 Member
    Pets...Don't do them again...

And...

Supernatural was awesome... if it wans't of those freakin' zombies who would ALWAYS spawn on my lawn!!!

But if Supernatural was to be made again, they should put creatures from alot of cultures( vampire, ghost, witch, fae/elf, werewolf,leprauchan/gnome, momie, kitsune(or whatever)) You know, a COMPLETE set and, since EA is supposed to be WAY better than with the previous Sims, MAKE THEM BELEIVABLE!

I wan't to see a sly vampire,mysterious and cool. I wan't to see a more beastlike werewolf who would be able to change into a BIG WOLF(That you could tame or be attacked by), a cool witch with cooler powers and a fae with gorgeous wings and a more private communication with the nature and more slyer tricks... Naughty tricks.... And I wan't gnomes/leprauchans to hide Under the bed and,when the child looks Under their bed.....they come from Under the bed running after the child until he runs into it's parents bed or get on a chair! it would then vanish in fin air with a laughter!

I wan't a cool EP !!!!
  • Options
    DarkSlayer1331DarkSlayer1331 Posts: 429 Member
    lol I think people kind of missed my point. Okay so one, I'm saying you can't say that Supernatural makes the game NOT real life like. Not when there's so much missing from the game that would actually make it truly like real life. And saying "oh we want a break from Supernatural." Yeah, if I ever didn't want to play in a world with Supernatural creatures, I disabled them. That worked out pretty nicely for me anyways. But I guess those of us who want to break off from reality and go with supernatural stuff are a group of people everyone else doesn't want to be bothered with. Guess we need to find a different game entirely. So let's go play that supernaturally inclined life simulation game!!! Oh wait... there isn't one. Well we'll just have to stay with TS3 + Supernatural. Oh hey, that's what I'm doing now! I won't get TS4 until I see an EP that looks worthwhile. And you can bet your sweet plum that I'm not looking for anything like Generations, Pets, Night Life, Seasons, World Adventures, University, OR Showtime. Since we all got a break from Supernatural in TS2 (unless you count witches from Apartment Life which was the LAST EP) we may very well never see it for TS4 either. Which would be fine. As long as they give us SOMETHING different from TS2 AND TS3.
  • Options

right.

that's why I said we need an EP that encourages that. I mean, duh, you couldn't have your Sims snuggling on nothing. The Generations EP, I thought, was a good concept. It just didn't have enough. In Sims 2, the adult Sims could dance with the child Sims. It was the cutest thing ever. TS3 Generations brought reading your kids to sleep, but we just needed more. Stuff like bouncing the toddlers on your lap, tucking your newborns/toddlers/children in while they're sleep, putting assignments where children got A+'s on the refrigerator -- as well as drawings by toddlers or children, spooning in the bed, swinging kids around, going on camping trips, celebrating engagements and anniversary parties, etc. If we could pack all that into an EP, I'd be all over it.
    Good example: the Generations EP didn't do that much to me because it was all animations really (and a creepy imaginary friend I couldn't imagine my little ones liking let alone loving).
    EP's that add depth to the game for me are the ones that offer me something to base a story on. World Adventures, Ambitions (new jobs), Pets, Supernatural, Into The Future.
    I don't care for an EP that enables me to let my sims bounce - non existing - toddlers on their knees. I love new animations, good animations are necessary, but not the frame of the game.

I'm not saying they are the frame of the game. YOU make your OWN stories. That's the point I'm making and that's obviously where we disagree because I like making my own stories. All I need is the stuff and the interactions to provide the depth and I'll play the way I want to play it. Supernatural, Into the Future, World Adventures -- I'm sorry, but those fair too much on the fantastical and ridiculous side of the game that affects too much of the gameplay and I don't like it.
  • Options
    ShepherdmoonShepherdmoon Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited September 2014
    Amphibien wrote: »
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Supernatural. That is how i play! :heart:

I loved supernatural as well, for me it was the best s3 ep ever :)

But i guess we all have to live with expansions we don't like, im kind of sure I have to get over a superstar variation again : /

These Supernatural haters need to step back! I do think the EP in general was VERY poorly implemented though but the ideas was nice. I ended up staying only for the fairies and boy do I love fairies. I wish the witches can actually do stuff this time beside cheats friggin needs.

Yeah, I was surprised to come into this thread and see the vast majority of people saying they don't want a supernaturals pack. Yes, there were some aspects of it in the Sims 3 that could have been better (including making vampires more powerful and zombies come by less often), but it wasn't because supernaturals are inherently bad, at least not in my opinion. I actually don't want my game to be all about duplicating real life. I get enough of that in... real life. There's only so much changing diapers, washing dishes, reading books, and going to work that I can stand. I need something special to keep it interesting (thank goodness there are some special non-RL things in the base game, like rockets). BTW, fairies were my favorite in the Sims 3 expansion as well--of all the supernaturals I tried to play they had the most positive benefits. I would have thought that vampires would be my favorite, but they s.ucked (no pun intended). "Hunting" got me excited at first, until I realized it was an ineffectual joke.

I will also disagree with alot of people here in that I would like a pets expansion. I also appreciated Into the Future, although it could have been better--it fell only slightly short of my expectations. A time travelling expansion pack would be even better, where we could go into the past or future, and it doesn't have to be associated with our families: it could be similar to World Adventures, only with more possibilities (I'll also have to go against the grain by saying WA was one of my favorite EP's).

So, I guess I should answer the question... I don't like stuff packs in general, so none of those would be nice. If it doesn't come with new real gameplay content, then it's all just a bunch of differently colored pixels. I have never bought a single stuff pack, in all my years with Sims 1 (original) through Sims 3.

I never bought generations for Sims 3, since it seemed boring to me at the time, but now I wish I did--it apparently came with more stuff than I realized and now I can't find it anywhere for a decent price. I had fun with Open for Business and Showtime at the time, but I think I got my fill of that sort of thing, and a new repeated expansion of that wouldn't excite me at all. Island Paradise would have been wonderful if it wasn't so horrifically buggy--re-doing it right would be nice.

If only they could release something entirely new that no-one has ever seen before, rather than revamping old things... that would be cool...
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member

Yeah, I was surprised to come into this thread and see the vast majority of people saying they don't want a supernaturals pack. Yes, there were some aspects of it in the Sims 3 that could have been better (including making vampires more powerful and zombies come by less often), but it wasn't because supernaturals are inherently bad, at least not in my opinion. I actually don't want my game to be all about duplicating real life.

Completely agreed I have no interest in Sims 4 otherwise, Supernatural needs to return, I can't think of an EP I hate but if it was between Supernatural and Late Night they can rid of Late Night.
  • Options
    Eduardx123Eduardx123 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Katie Perry stuff.
  • Options

right.

I'm not saying they are the frame of the game. YOU make your OWN stories. That's the point I'm making and that's obviously where we disagree because I like making my own stories. All I need is the stuff and the interactions to provide the depth and I'll play the way I want to play it. Supernatural, Into the Future, World Adventures -- I'm sorry, but those fair too much on the fantastical and ridiculous side of the game that affects too much of the gameplay and I don't like it.
    We are not disagreeing concerning liking to make our own story's. I just like making them in a more fictional way than you perhaps?
    Fantastical yeah, but 'ridiculous'.. :\ ? Maybe to you, but a lot of simmers like going that way with the game (and not only simmers; there are plenty of writers and cineasts out there who feel the same).
    I don't want to play the game in and round the house. That's playing daily life and I live daily life already ;-) No doubt you can come up with great story's with noting else than a house, some sims and their animations, but I prefer fantasy and adventures.
    I can understand you not buying EP's that add too much fantasy to the game though. You just don't happen to like that.

5JZ57S6.png