The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An EP theme you DON'T want to see In The Sims 4?

Comments

• jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I would not like to see anything Katy Perry! Anything! I would like to see a vacation ep but with maybe a zoo or a farm that you could go to, with that being said, it could be duel with vacations and pets, some of the animals could also be in a circus theme. Those would be good in my opinion. Cruises for our elderly and single sims, possible all sims, but I assume that kids would not like that much. I liked the idea of running a resort and would like to see a resort in the sims 4 that would be the extent of an OFB theme ep for me. I also liked the way that the supernatural was done in the sims2 not so much in the sims 3. Also pools could come back in a vacation or a resort theme pack. I liked that they had a different town in Sims2 for the businesses. I never did anything with world adventures, but I did with bon voyage as they were not as quest related, but sims 4 seems more quest related so I do see this type of vacation pack returning. I never used vampires, werewolves, or the other supernaturals as it just seemed silly to me. I tried it around Halloween time and then well lost interest. I did use the witches in TS2, so magic is good. Ghosts are good also but I do not put them in a supernatural pack really they should be already in the game but are not, along with graveyards and things, but that would take up precious space for sims in your world. So I would not want to sacrifice world size for these things. I would like a total venue world, where there are restaurants, flower shops, clothing stores, wedding venues, nightclubs and restaurants, things like that. I just know the packs will be repeated, but I hope they expand on them, but from what I have seen of the sims 4 so far, expanding on themes does not seem to be the way this is going, it seems that things are being left out, so I am really afraid that all the EP's & Sp's will be smaller and not with much more things to do, that will come as premium content, paid for extra. I hope not, I hope I am wrong but this seems to be the trend, the sims 4 is taking.
  • thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited September 2014
    Into The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Future.
  • marioXtremomarioXtremo Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited September 2014
    albanie wrote: »
    I'm going to be hated for this, but I go with supernatural. I'm sorry but personally I just don't enjoy those creatures.

Why wouldyou be hated for saying that? I was gonna say the same! Did anyone REALLY liked that EP for more than 2 weeks? The Sims is a life simulator, and that is far from it... we need an EP with everyday clothes that PEOPLE would actually wear! Not vampires, werewolves, fairies, etc.

Not to mention the interactions... OH! And most of the hairstyles too...
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Anything hipster, which means I'm doomed.
  • AmphibienAmphibien Posts: 85 Member
    I'm going to be hated for this, but I go with supernatural. I'm sorry but personally I just don't enjoy those creatures.

Why wouldyou be hated for saying that? I was gonna say the same! Did anyone REALLY liked that EP for more than 2 weeks? The Sims is a life simulator, and that is far from it... we need an EP with everyday clothes that PEOPLE would actually wear! Not vampires, werewolves, fairies, etc.

HEY. I loved Fairies. I only played fairies unless I wanted to be bored. Fairies, fairies, and more fairies. I could bloom stuff swirl around, have pretty wings, and have kids with pretty wings. It was great.

What I DON'T want is that annoying waste of life and time University expansion pack which is basically a cheat code for your career that is time consuming, boring, annoying, and then it really isn't fun at all.

Showtime needs to go. Pets need to go. World Adventures needs to go. Seasons needs to go. I mean seriously, an entire expansion for WEATHER? Nah. I'll pass incorporate that into something else but the weather in TS3 annoyed me and snow ruined my mood.
  • jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    edited September 2014
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Oh god, I forgot about Katy Perry, but that's because it was an SP not an EP. Anyways, NO to any kind of celebrity endorsements. Brand endorsements I'm half and half, I loved the Ikea and Diesel stuff and would love a Disney EP (but for the Marvel, Pirates and Star Wars parts of Disney not the traditional Disney.) And while I love Lady Gaga and I would be interested in buying a pack with her stuff, I don't think it's fair for me to say that would be okay when I'm against any other celebrity endorsements.

With Brand endorsements I don't mind getting them for free. Such as The Ford packs or Toyota that we received from the store,but to have to pay for advertizing in my own game thanks but no thanks.
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    jude72pla wrote: »
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Oh god, I forgot about Katy Perry, but that's because it was an SP not an EP. Anyways, NO to any kind of celebrity endorsements. Brand endorsements I'm half and half, I loved the Ikea and Diesel stuff and would love a Disney EP (but for the Marvel, Pirates and Star Wars parts of Disney not the traditional Disney.) And while I love Lady Gaga and I would be interested in buying a pack with her stuff, I don't think it's fair for me to say that would be okay when I'm against any other celebrity endorsements.

With Brand endorsements I don't mind getting them for free. Such as The Ford packs or Toyota that we received from the store,but to have to pay for advertizing in my own game thanks but no thanks.

I don't always agree with the business practices of many companies so I'd rather not see that as well.
  • constanceconstance Posts: 1,379 Member
    edited September 2014
    @DarkSlayer1331

The way that University was designed was so that people who wanted their Sims to actually have the college experience could really immerse their sims in...well, the college experience. Let it be noted that you don't HAVE to send your Sim to college. In neither TS2 or TS3 did it really do anything to hold you back as far as getting certain jobs. In TS3, I don't think having a degree made a difference at all -- you just got a degree to hang up. So for people who don't like University, they don't have to send their Sims there in order to get a job. Whereas people who DO like University are obviously playing it because they want to immerse their Sims in the University experience. Which, again, is why I think University was so well designed in both TS2 and TS3 because it didn't take anything away from people who don't want to send their Sims to college and it gave people who did send their Sims to college a really fun experience.
    People who are so against supernatural stuff make me want to cry. Yeah, it's a life simulator, but let's be real. It's still a form of fantasy. Anybody that says The Sims is a great game for reality living and realistic game play is nuts. I'm sorry, but how often do YOU go outside and find a raw ore of Tiberium and get it cut? How many space rocks do you have floating around your house on display? And is it really THAT easy to become such a successful, best selling author? Okay, then give me a break and don't try using the "supernatural takes away from the reality of the game" reasoning. Your logic is kind of invalid. Or maybe you'd like to see a Murder & Mayhem EP stocked full with a real police force, lawyers, murder, and drug trafficking? Yeah... I didn't think so.

I don't think the logic is invalid. Your's is, though. Or at the very least, extremely black an white. When people say they want a break away from the supernatural themed EPs, I hardly think that automatically defaults them to wanting something as extreme as a Murder and Mayhem EP or to have anything that has to do with murder and drug trafficking or anything like that. Hell, if I wanted that, I could easily have that desire fulfilled by playing GTA or Saints Row. But that's not why I play The Sims and that's not why a lot of people play The Sims. Some of us like to just want to have our legacies with normal families living normal lives. For some reason, you've implied that "normal" automatically defaults to the negative side of reality -- which would be all of those debasing examples you've listed. So if I say that I'd like a break away from the fantasy-themed EPs, that's exactly what I mean -- I want a break. I like the wackiness and silliness that The Sims has always retained, but it'd be nice for simmers who don't necessarily like to play like that ALL THE TIME to have some normal things like doctors, teachers, etc. I don't think you're really being fair here.

Anyhoo,

I think the future themed EP was really stupid, I'm sorry. And the supernatural themed EP I thought was pretty ridiculous as well. I agree with what someone here said -- I want to play a life simulator. I like the more real-life themed EP's like Seasons, Nightlife, University, Bon Voyage and Open for Business. Those were soooo fun.

I didn't like Showtime either, but that's only because I don't think it was done very well. And World Adventures is probably the worst expansion pack for any game I've ever played ever. It's just dumb.

So yea, EPs I don't want to see would be Supernatural, Future, World Adventures and Entertainment/Showtime.
    Post edited by constance on
  • mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    Never again a supernatural expansion pack >.<
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I agree with those saying supernatural and university.

I agree with that.. no supernaturals and university had enough of them

• PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited September 2014
    EA probably isn't going to listen to any of us and maybe that's a good thing. Obviously some people are going to be miffed no matter what.

Just like my favorites were WA, AMB and SN......I thought Generations was total garbage. Yet there are players that loved Gen and wouldn't play without it.

What might be ideal would be if there was some way to only install portions of an EP. Say you liked Moonlight Falls and the build/buy of SN but you didn't want the supernaturals. You could install what you want but not what you didn't want.

I don't know if that's even possible though.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    Supernatural
    University
    Kati Perry (or any celebrity)

Pets (if it causes the same problems it did in TS3)

I'm sure there are others, but I'm not awake enough to go and look in my game closet.

agree lol
  • natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    I know that pets is loved, but I despise that EP.
    ^I like TS2's version of Pets, but I despise the TS3 version.

• CommanderKeenCommanderKeen Posts: 614 Member

Hate you? No way! I'm your 20th 'Like'!
  • natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Supernatural. That is how i play! :heart:
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2014
    The way that they do college life is very time consuming. Both TS2 and TS3 I felt was so long with it that I never wanted to do it again. If they changed it a bit so that it didn't seem to take so long, then that'd be great. Or let me send my teenage sim to college... but then don't make me play them. Let them do their own thing and graduate and whatever. But yeah, I'd be perfectly fine with leaving this out if it is just going to be another five days of me playing to get them graduated and ready for life.

People who are so against supernatural stuff make me want to cry. Yeah, it's a life simulator, but let's be real. It's still a form of fantasy. Anybody that says The Sims is a great game for reality living and realistic game play is nuts. I'm sorry, but how often do YOU go outside and find a raw ore of Tiberium and get it cut? How many space rocks do you have floating around your house on display? And is it really THAT easy to become such a successful, best selling author? Okay, then give me a break and don't try using the "supernatural takes away from the reality of the game" reasoning. Your logic is kind of invalid. Or maybe you'd like to see a Murder & Mayhem EP stocked full with a real police force, lawyers, murder, and drug trafficking? Yeah... I didn't think so.

And I've never been interested in the future EP for TS3. I bought it for my mom, but neither of us have installed it or played it. Also, they should combine some of the past EPs, like Generations + Pets = Family Life. Late Night + Showtime = Superstar. Stuff like that.
    I agree with you.
    I can understand people don't like playing supernaturals themselves, but stating it shouldn't be an EP for Sims 4 ('of course' even) implies they don't care one bit if other people do. Hope EA will be a bit more considerate.

Well EA will go with whatever they feel will increase their profits. It is a business, and the point of a business is to make money. While I believe that they could increase their profits by a significant portion with a better PR team, this is a company that is clearly more focused on getting content out there to buy. That said, they'll look at what sold most as a trend. Pets and Seasons are two EPs that have always been popular, so as much as I'd like to see each of them be combined with something else... it probably won't happen. Yes, people are saying that they don't want these EPs to be by themselves, but EA knows people are willing to spend the money to get them... so they'll probably do that again. And I can't blame them really. They need to make money. Would they make even more if they combined some stuff and showed true dedication to their fans? Possibly, but that's not the business strategy that EA follows. Unfortunate, but true.

However, I do believe Supernatural was highly successful as well, so we'll probably see something somewhat similar at some point down the line. But I expect that it will be very different from TS3, as I know a lot of stuff in that one wasn't well received by fans. Mostly the zombies, and I think the way that werewolves behaved, even when it wasn't a full moon. I personally loved how the witches were done. And I would love to see something similar to Making Magic from TS1 get incorporated... that world was AWESOME!
    I disabled the zombies in my game and I agree werewolves are weird. They're more dogs than monsters really lol.
    But I love the witches and I would love the fairies if they could fly jetpack style ;) (I think you wrote somewhere you never played ITF but that's really awesome)
    I only played S1 basegame so I don't know about that. I'd like the supernaturals to be more powerful really. And I'd love a Rivendell kind of world to go with a Supernatural EP.

5JZ57S6.png
  • PmlTryPmlTry Posts: 783 Member
    Why do you ask? Were you forced to buy an expansion pack you disliked?
  • marioXtremomarioXtremo Posts: 1,773 Member
    Amphibien wrote: »

HEY. I loved Fairies. I only played fairies unless I wanted to be bored. Fairies, fairies, and more fairies. I could bloom stuff swirl around, have pretty wings, and have kids with pretty wings. It was great.

What I DON'T want is that annoying waste of life and time University expansion pack which is basically a cheat code for your career that is time consuming, boring, annoying, and then it really isn't fun at all.

Showtime needs to go. Pets need to go. World Adventures needs to go. Seasons needs to go. I mean seriously, an entire expansion for WEATHER? Nah. I'll pass incorporate that into something else but the weather in TS3 annoyed me and snow ruined my mood.

So you like a ridiculous EP like "Supernatural" better than the amazing ones like "Showtime" and the already legendary ones like "Seasons"? Ok... xD
  • alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    Why? I appreciate every EP they bring new and exciting things, some hate WA but it included the basements and some things that are important to play, Supernaturat too, every EP bring new things, I love EPs I hope EA don't see this topic.
  • SimleySimley Posts: 284 Member
    Pets. I love my pets in real life, but for me they only add tedium to the game. I want more focus on the Sims themselves.
    I seriously doubt that some of ya'll even played these EPs you call yo'selves hatin'.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Simley wrote: »
    Pets. I love my pets in real life, but for me they only add tedium to the game. I want more focus on the Sims themselves.
    Isn't focussing on a sim that loves an animal focussing on the sims themselves? Or do you only want to sit and stare at them talking and multitasking?

5JZ57S6.png
  • NianaNiana Posts: 211 Member
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Supernatural. That is how i play! :heart:

I loved supernatural aswell, for me it was the best s3 ep ever :)

But i guess we all have to live with expansions we don't like, im kind of sure I have to get over a superstar variation again : /
  • Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    There really isn't an expansion pack I hate to the point of never wanting it to return even though there are those who do like that theme. With sims 3 I simply did not buy all of the expansion packs. That is kind of the reason why I like having themed expansion packs so I have the choice not to buy a particular one if the theme isn't for me.

Now my all time favorite expansion pack is Makin' Magic. I loved the music, those creepy pictures, dragons, carnival games, and magic aspect. The whole atmosphere of Makin' Magic was just so different from previous expansion packs.