Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• CreepsaCreepsa Posts: 30 Member
    > @misscbong said:
    > Creepsa - That is one stunningly gorgeous build! WOW! I love your exteriors, and everything about it. Awesome job!

Thank you! Your comment made my day :)
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS

The results for this category are now available on the winners circle here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    celdys0n wrote: »
    A reminder to all entries, including those who posted entries already. Please state cost of build and include a floor plan view of the house in your slideshow. If you are doing the challenges, please include the cost of balcony and/or sim traits.

Otherwise, fellow simmers, all of the builds are beautiful! I am so happy to be taking part in this challenge because of y'all! And the Douglas' out there are simply scrumptious.

I would join the BnS team if I could but I don't have much time to spare. At this time, being a contestant is all I can do.

Thanks @celdys0n! Yes, we do need the final cost of your build with your entry form, and overheads are a must, as it gives us a real idea how the home build will play in game.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    I have edited my entry to include the cost, Sim traits and added an overhead shot to the slideshow.
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member

Congrats to all the winners in the Established category!
  • Green_Girly100Green_Girly100 Posts: 296 Member
    edited September 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 2
    FORUM ID: Green_Girly100
    ORIGIN ID: GreenGirl1OO
    SIM: Douglas Curtis
    LOT: The Adventurer (I used the MOO mod, and it seems to not include any of the furniture on download, so there is now a slightly modified version available in the gallery :\ )
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/uNNc5#0
    ENTRY DETAILS: This newly built, modern industrial style apartment, is perfect for a world famous adventurer. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, including ensuite. Living and formal dining rooms overlook the outdoor entertaining area. Decorated throughout in a modern, industrial style, with ample surfaces for future collectables.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    FINAL BUILD PRICE: $105,820

29glnuu.jpg

anj23r.jpg

edit: I just saw the results from the last challenge, oh my! thank you so much!!! With so many amazing builds I didn't think I had a chance :o
    Post edited by Green_Girly100 on
  • LavenderLavender Posts: 73 Member
    Congrats to all the winners so far!!! This is my first time being involved with build and share. I had no idea what a big job you guys had before you in the judging!!! Thank you for all the time you're putting into this project! I look forward to learning a lot about building from this very talented group, both contestants and judges!!!
  • onikisuonikisu Posts: 12 New Member
    Wow... all of the houses seems amazing. Great job to everyone.
  • Don_OelloDon_Oello Posts: 269 Member
    Great builds in this challenge, my entry is coming up soon. it takes a while to upload my pics to photobucket, in the meantime I ask you to check and comment on my other builds on my thread: Don_Oello's showcase. thank you.....and look out for my version of Douglas Curtis :D
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
  • EEtheridgeEEtheridge Posts: 585 Member
    edited September 2014
    Well, I was worried about posting my entry because I can't post links or pics yet, but I decided what the heck. I created the Sim and the penthouse and pics of both are in my slideshow.

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #2
    FORUM ID: EEtheridge
    ORIGIN ID: Eriaxia
    SIM: Curtis III
    LOT: Penthouse-BuildnShare2
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: s369.photobucket.com/user/gs_lady_2008/slideshow/The%20Sims%204/TS4_Build-N-Share%20Challenge%202-%20Curtis%20penthouse?sort=9
    ENTRY DETAILS: Lot size: 30x20 Lot value: $125,546 - 2 bedroom/2 bath penthouse apartment, on a raised foundation.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No cc used

I hope I did this right. Thanks for a great challenge!
    Post edited by EEtheridge on
    MyTS4Signature_zpsa6ba606a.jpg
    View my homes in the Gallery, Origin ID: EEtheridge
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Applause to all the winners!!! B) B) B)

Congrats to everyone. I'm learning so much by looking at all your amazing builds!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • celdys0nceldys0n Posts: 107 Member
    Oh goodness, I am so grateful that my build was considered good enough for second place! I am also happy for my fellow winners and all the simmers who joined the challenge and made it all so fun. Thank you! I am looking forward to see who wins this challenge, all these builds are so great!
  • celdys0nceldys0n Posts: 107 Member
    edited September 2014
    @EEtheridge, your balcony is beautifully done!
  • EEtheridgeEEtheridge Posts: 585 Member
    edited September 2014
    @celdysOn , Thank you!
    I just looked through all the entries so far all of them are amazing!
    MyTS4Signature_zpsa6ba606a.jpg
    View my homes in the Gallery, Origin ID: EEtheridge
  • simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    edited September 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: Simhead70
    ORIGIN ID: Simhead70
    SIM: (Douglas) Curtis III
    LOT: The Curtis Penthouse
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1349.photobucket.com/user/angelg70/slideshow/Curtis Penthouse buildnshare2?sort=3
    ENTRY DETAILS: COST: $147,151 this includes the patio which is about 12,000.
    This is the Curtis penthouse build. For #buildnshare2 Douglas Curtis the third will be inspired to live in this Penthouse. And he'll be able to showcase all of his magnificent finds. And lots of room for entertaining. 2 bdrm, 2 bath, one a Master Suite. Formal kitchen and Dining, Living room and a study and a wonderful patio for entertaining his guests.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC

b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
  • simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    (Why I edited my entry) Sorry I forgot the cost. <3 everyone's builds!!
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
  • Don_OelloDon_Oello Posts: 269 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: Don_Oello
    ORIGIN ID:Don_Oello
    SIM: Douglas Curtis
    LOT: Rock View Penthouse
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: s283.photobucket.com/user/El_Oello/slideshow/Sims%204%20Showcase/BnS%20challenge%202%20Douglas%20Curtis

BUILDING COST: $134,148
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Rock View Penthouse gives you a great view of Oasis Springs. it's got 1 master bedroom with ensuite bathroom and a small guests bedroom. From the high end kitchen you can spy on your guests eating delicious food in the dining area. The living room is a great place to relax and listen to the music from the piano. You can also pary on the balcony/outside area with its BBQ and bar.
    (note: as I post this I realised I forgot a small minor detail: the hallway ;) ,so instead you just walk right in the living room)

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    SIM: Curtis
    LOT: HMS Curtis
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/slideshow/HMS Curtis
    http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/library/HMS Curtis

ENTRY DETAILS:
    Address: Potters Splay, Willow Creek, 30x20 lot, total build cost 110,402 simoleons (balcony cost 14,739).
    Imagine stepping out of an elevator and entering the penthouse apartment 'HMS Curtis'. All rooms accessed from the lobby. Main balcony from the kitchen and dining room side. Two smaller balconies entered from either side of the master bedroom, one is for chess and the other a workout area. Douglas Curtis aspires to be a mansion baron and his traits are romantic, outgoing, business savvy and materialistic.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • onikisuonikisu Posts: 12 New Member
    Okay for some reason I can't go on the Sims 4 because of the computer, so if I have to guess I think it says 167k but when I got into build mode it says 149k.
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    edited October 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: BryonyRae
    ORIGIN ID: BryonyRae

SIM: Douglas Curtis III (or by my hashtag #bryscreations) - edit: forgot to include his traits, which are romantic, self-assured, and loves the outdoors

LOT: Acrophobic Penthouse (or by my hashtag #bryscreations)

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Click here

ENTRY DETAILS:

Boy, this was a tough challenge for me. I had trouble getting inspired and was really struggling with the ground floor penthouse concept, but then an idea occurred to me: it all made sense if Douglas Curtis III, world renown adventurer had one teeny, tiny little weakness no one knew about, acrophobia, or a fear of heights! It reminded me of Indiana Jones and snakes, made me chuckle, and that was all it took to get going. I've designed a luxurious, modern penthouse situated on a 40x30 lot, squeaking in just under budget at $149,274 (Gallery price), $131,950 when placed on the lot I used (Municipal Muses with a lot value of $4000). It is definitely built for entertainment, with a huge balcony, as well as open and expansive living and dining areas and a great kitchen/bar combo. There are plenty of attractive display spaces available for Mr. Curtis' collectibles. The master suite is a refined and spacious hideaway, complete with master bath and walk-in closet. There is also a guest bedroom and private office. I had particular fun designing a funky Yin & Yang full bathroom.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC. I do use Shimrod's Improved Lighting mod.

Edit: Okay, just to cover the bases regarding cost, in case it is not clarified in time (see pgs 21-22), I revised my original build to delete the gaming unit on the balcony, which reduced the cost by $4400, enough to cover most of the lots upon which one might place it. I moved the easel over slightly so there wouldn't be such a large gap in the space, but other than that, nothing was changed. The revised lot is simply called Acrophobic Penthouse V2. If the original version does wind up being considered over budget, please use V2 for judging. Sorry for any confusion!
    Post edited by BryonyRae on
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    o.O Holy Plumbbob! I told myself I wasn't going to enter Challenge #2, but decided to go for it anyway. But... after looking at all the other entries so far, I give up! lol *hits bulldoze button* GAH!

Y'all are so dang talented, no way can my puny efforts compete. I'll just sit back and admire what you guys make from now on and not kid myself anymore. Great job everyone, my chin's all scraped up from dragging on the ground in awe! :)
  • mikeydz1971mikeydz1971 Posts: 1 New Member
    I figured I'd throw my hat into the ring. I've never built in the sims before, having just got TS4 about a week ago. I have lot to learn, but I'm having a blast trying to figure out the best way to use the build tools. So be gentle please. :)

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #:2
    FORUM ID:mikeydz1971
    ORIGIN ID:mikeydz1971
    SIM:
    LOT: Doug curtis Home
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/VtU4Z
    ENTRY DETAILS: When I think of a penthouse, considering most tall building are square or rectangular in shape, I kept this for the basic outline of the floorplan to work in. (Note, this sounds better to me than saying I couldn't figure out how to create curved walls :) ).

The main focus of this floorplan is the huge living area at the center, which feeds equally well into the outside balcony/bar area, along with access to the kitchen and dining areas.

Lot size is 30x20, with a value of $133,695
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
  • DavlanDavlan Posts: 87 Member

Whoever is doing the judging, thank you so much for your valuable feedback! Congrats to all winners and entrants, your builds were all stunning!

• KraftySimKraftySim Posts: 277 Member
    Loving all of these entries! Insightful feedback on the first round - congratulations to all!
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Thanks so much for the helpful critique on my #1 challenge entry. Congrats to the winners! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top