Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to mentor a child?

I have the successful family aspiration and I need to Mentor child 10 times. What does this mean? How do I do it?
Check out my band y'all.
youtube.com/halocene

Comments

• CuddlyKritterCuddlyKritter Posts: 66 Member
    I think you have to have level 10 in a skill to mentor. Might be different with children though.
  • annleen16annleen16 Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm having the same issue. I have a sim that's level 10 in a few skills but I can't seem to figure out how to mentor a child.
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited September 2014
    Adult sim bought Mentor whimreward trait?
    Level 10 in something the kid can do like piano?
    Set the child to play the piano, mentor option will appear on the adult sim.

You can't mentor kid on a treadmill. Max skills children can do.
  • SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    RockrGrrl wrote: »
    I have the successful family aspiration and I need to Mentor child 10 times. What does this mean? How do I do it?

The reward trait isn't necessary for this interaction. Maxing level 10 opens up the mentoring interaction for that skill.

However, you don't have to max level 10 on anything. The easiest way to satisfy this requirement is to Help with Homework 10 times. No need for level 10 skill anything.

Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Jlm0072012Jlm0072012 Posts: 159 Member
    RockrGrrl wrote: »

Great job on your sim! Looks just like the picture:)

• cherrybomb708cherrybomb708 Posts: 1 New Member
    Actually its a lot more complicated then what it should be. I finally after hours of trying different things figured it out. Once I reached level 10 though I'm not sure if you have to be level 10 to do this... I bought the mentor reward then you have to move whoever your trying to mentor into your household and as that person have them start doing the action that you need to mentor them in (such as practice on the piano). Then click back on your sim and click the person while they are doing that action and it will give you the mentor option.
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    Actually its a lot more complicated then what it should be. I finally after hours of trying different things figured it out. Once I reached level 10 though I'm not sure if you have to be level 10 to do this... I bought the mentor reward then you have to move whoever your trying to mentor into your household and as that person have them start doing the action that you need to mentor them in (such as practice on the piano). Then click back on your sim and click the person while they are doing that action and it will give you the mentor option.

Oh my Lord, Seriously ....
    FOHj4MpT2PLm8.gif