Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can Sim kids have sleepovers?

Can kids in the SIMS 4 still have sleepovers with their friends? I have a sim child but she's been so busy with homework & family interactions that she hasn't really made any friends yet. When she does, will that option be available?

What about adults? Can you ask to sleep over a friend's house when you visit them like the Sims 3? I've been over to friend's house to throw parties, but that's about it. I didn't see the option pop up at the end of the night and I went home. I'm not sure if it's still there.

Thanks guys!
tumblr_mackehc6CQ1qgi6ty.gif

Comments

• jirlucfanjirlucfan Posts: 447 Member
    edited September 2014
    I've been able to ask an adult to sleepover my Sims house when they were friends, but I'm not sure about kids. Not even sure if you can ask to sleepover someone else's house. I would hope so!
  • claritysfclaritysf Posts: 384 Member
    Thanks @jirlucfan ! I would hope so too :)
    I'm just bumping this thread in the hopes that someone knows the answer to this question. I'm assuming at this point that it's not a possibility to sleepover a friend's house or to have your children have sleepovers. :(

It seems like the only option is for an adult sim to invite another adult sim over to stay the night. Is that right?
  • rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    I know my teen can, I haven't tried with child yet though.
  • KoopaKoopa Posts: 85 Member
    I've only ever been able to ask someone to sleep over through the romance category. o_O
    I know my teen can, I haven't tried with child yet though.

That's good to know!
    Koopa wrote: »
    I've only ever been able to ask someone to sleep over through the romance category. o_O

Yep, same here. :(

• DumperDunphyDumperDunphy Posts: 6 New Member
    I tried with a Child Sim before... Unfortunately, I don't think there's an option to have a sleepover. (LOL It's past 11:00 PM and the option hasn't yet showed.) I hope they update it soon!
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    You can pretty much just stay however long you want at another sims house, they don't mind.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Not sure why Maxis thinks Sleep-Overs and Asking If Someone Is Single are Romantic Interactions, I mean one is just a question and I personally don't think getting a hard pillow to the face is very romantic.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    I am currently playing one sim after moving her 4 kids and their father into a new home. The kids spend some weekends with their mom. Sometimes all four, sometimes just one or two. I just go to household management and move the kids in for the weekend. Not an ideal situation but it works.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    No curfew
    fortunatelly... What was thinking Maxis when did it at TS3?
    Medieval age?
  • kkgirl33kkgirl33 Posts: 19 Member
    edited May 2015
    > @zeldagirl180 said:
    > You can pretty much just stay however long you want at another sims house, they don't mind.

Just DON'T sleep in their bed. My Sim has 5 kids, and she decided to send them over to their grandma's house. Then she left them, and her and her husband were enjoying a romantic dinner when, suddenly, all the kids come running back through the door! This happened about and hour after I dropped them off. (Sim Time) So, I take them back over to their Grandma's house, and instruct them to go to sleep in the guest rooms. Then the Grandparents walk in and freak out because their grandchildren were sleeping in their beds.... yes, their GRANDCHILDREN. They had full social bars and all, and they still freaked when only moments earlier they had all be sharing some bread downstairs in the kitchen. I'm just going to cheat and give them the Always Welcome trait.... I mean it's their grandparents!
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I didn't see that as an option. But it kind of makes sense if you don't allow Simlings to sleep on the floor. How many of us have extra beds for sleepovers.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I didn't see that as an option. But it kind of makes sense if you don't allow Simlings to sleep on the floor. How many of us have extra beds for sleepovers.

Well, there are those sleeping bags and inflatable beds which came with OR. Maybe they could add a sleeping bag to the base in a patch and if you lay out the sleeping bags, the guests will use those.

I think it is silly the kids can't have sleepovers, my TS3 kids have them quite a lot. I would hope to see this feature make a return in 4 but be even better.
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited May 2015
    Correct me if Im wrong though, but the sleeping bags in S3 were expansion content right?
    Been too long since I played S3 so I really dont remember. :)

EDIT: a simple googling told me that I was right.
    They are in Generations.
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    i think not.. u can just sleep in ur friends house :p but they might get angry..
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    > @kkgirl33

That brings to my mind... I had twins and their cousin living in a same household since their birth. When the twins aged up (from child to teen) they both freaked out at their cousin who was sleeping in his own bed.

Could be the stupidest thing my sims have done ._.
    itsug wrote: »
    Correct me if Im wrong though, but the sleeping bags in S3 were expansion content right?
    Been too long since I played S3 so I really dont remember. :)

EDIT: a simple googling told me that I was right.
    They are in Generations.

yes, they were EP material. But I don't see why everything that was EP material in one game necessarily has to be EP material in another game or not offered as a patch to the base? The fact they came in Generations changes nothing.

And maybe they will come in an EP for 4 in which kids can have sleepovers. Kids sleeping bags that look like cute animals with animal face pillows. :)
    SimsFur wrote: »
    i think not.. u can just sleep in ur friends house :p but they might get angry..

Yeah, I had my sim stay at a neighbor's house for about a week doing nothing but picking fights, kicking them out of their beds,hogging the bathroom enough to cause accidents and embarrassments, broke the computer and they still wanted to just come sit on the edge of the bed and strike up a friendly conversation.

But it would be nice if children could call their friends to spend the night and host a sleepover, not just crash their pad.

• AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I could've sworn sleepovers were added in a patch...
  • kkgirl33kkgirl33 Posts: 19 Member
    edited May 2015
    > @luimistelija

Well then! xD Such a giant time leap that they forgot their cousin lived there, eh?

Also, sending the parents on vacation and forcing the kids to stay at their grandparents' while they're gone works well! Seems as though the Always Welcome trait has done it's job, and it's done it good!
  • littlehelplittlehelp Posts: 29 Member
    Are we able to have teen Sims sleep over as friends? Cause I have a group of teens who are all friends and I kinda wanna have them have a slumber party without mods because they break my game.
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there~

This thread's about three and a half years old and about kids, not teens. That in mind I am going to lock this. Always try to be mindful of when a thread was last active before joining the conversation. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top