Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Change sims Name

SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
Hiya,

I know you can change a sims name via the cheat in CAS, I just would love to be able to do it without messing with that cheat. Could someone direct me towards the kind of mod that would do that?

I realize it might not be made yet, I just wanted to see if you awesome guys know something I missed.
d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg

Comments

• KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    In my opinion, a cheat would be safer than a mod. I haven't seen a Master Controller yet though. Probably going to take a while.
  • SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    Ok, good to know.
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Anzi130Anzi130 Posts: 140 Member
    I agree, the cheat option might be a lot more safe and also more reliable :)
    Origin Account-Name: Anzi120
  • SilentSpy0SilentSpy0 Posts: 197 Member
    That cheat isn't entirely safe, though, as it can mess up relationships between your Sims and their children if they are in the household together.
  • nualla8673nualla8673 Posts: 397 Member
    What is the CAS cheat? I had my sim marry a townie and her last name did not change to his.
    You can find my Sims 4 creations by searching my Origin ID nualla_6109.
  • SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    cas.fulleditmode
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • nualla8673nualla8673 Posts: 397 Member
    Thank you!
    You can find my Sims 4 creations by searching my Origin ID nualla_6109.
  • ktb0513ktb0513 Posts: 145 Member
    yea i agree the last name change needs to happen it is annoying that it does not do so automatically or even give you the option of changing the last name. to me it is something that ea should have fixed but that probably wont happen
    the-sims-4-collectibles-187x96.jpg
  • sahmormakstevmomsahmormakstevmom Posts: 2 New Member
    anyone else notice that half-siblings are listed as room mates instead of relation. That to me is setting it up for some possible incest situation between half siblings when they turn adult since the familial limitation isn't in place.
  • texasangeltexasangel Posts: 160 Member
    there's this mod on MTS. just make sure the sims you want to rename is active and type rename NewName in the cheat console. I use it and haven't had any problems with it. I just ignore the gender option because it seems a little...experimental. :)

and my half siblings were listed as brother and sister, but my step-father and step-son were just "friends". I haven't had step-siblings yet, but I don't think "step" relationships exist, or in-laws. I agree it leads to weirdness.
    Check out my blog and simblr for my custom content!
    Origin ID: texasangel08
    Poster.png