Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The moment you realize there's no such thing as a smarter sim...

1) It's 8pm and the whole family's around the dinner table. The bathrooms are empty and there's a serving plate of dinner. You're starving and you have to pee. So you go to bed...in your son's room.

2) You're cozied up to the sim who would make the perfect mother for your little objects. You garden, she cooks. Your other traits are a great match too. There's a rose bush wafting out flirty vibes and you're in need of some social. So you go outside to talk to the apple tree.

3) You're due at work in an hour and you have to pee, you're giving off green fumes and your hunger bar is in the red. So you decide to play a game on the computer.

Comments

• nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Left to himself my Sim is always on the computer. I don't remember Sims 2 and 3 Sims being this stupid.
  • Hellbiter88Hellbiter88 Posts: 916 Member
    computer games trump physical needs. everytime. ;)
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    Had this happen to me several instances, kinda makes you wonder if there is truth about videogames control you. :P
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    Left to himself my Sim is always on the computer. I don't remember Sims 2 and 3 Sims being this stupid.

I'm not sure how someone could have played The Sims 3 and not remember how bad they were about going to the computer and playing games every chance they got. Those things were loud.

My wife made me get rid of the computers because my playing was driving her insane.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    I noticed that my sims sometimes ....... "forget" which bed they belong to and will go sleep in random beds.
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    My sim went to the bathroom on The second floor to wash The dishes instead of using The sink in The kitchen...
    21mbz47.jpg
  • KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    Number 3 seems legit. Not that I would know.

*hides shame face*
  • DangerDangerDangerDanger Posts: 5,327 Member

For real? I thought everyone held their pee when fighting a boss in a video game. Hehe
    Hi. I'm Danger. I like spaceships, Pringles, and cats. I dislike fruits and vegetables, sunlight, and the motion picture Titanic. I do not own a sword, nor do I know how to draw unicorns. As you can see, I don't have much to offer the world.
  • VASHORTYGIRL01VASHORTYGIRL01 Posts: 384 Member

For real? I thought everyone held their pee when fighting a boss in a video game. Hehe

Sad but true I have. I have actually told myself "Self you can eat once you beat Seymore!!!" Lol
  • SimCarlexSimCarlex Posts: 349 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    My sim went to the bathroom on The second floor to wash The dishes instead of using The sink in The kitchen...

This happens to my sims all the time... :(
    I once started a Sims blog called My Sims Pieces (snapshots and stories from the lives of my Sims) and maybe I'll get back to it one day...
  • snowdustmelodysnowdustmelody Posts: 385 Member
    Ugh! Number 3!!! I get so annoyed! This is why we need locked doors!
    tumblr_mfgza8NCk51qfwt9io1_500.gif

• dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    'Sims' and 'smart' don't belong in the same sentence. They are an oxymoron!

And, yes, when I am in the middle of an intense battle in a game, I will almost pee myself before I will pause the game to use the bathroom! :p
    2rxu2ph.png
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited September 2014
    Trick wrote: »

I'm not sure how someone could have played The Sims 3 and not remember how bad they were about going to the computer and playing games every chance they got. Those things were loud.

My wife made me get rid of the computers because my playing was driving her insane.

Or worse, the garden sprinklers... I practically had to fight my sims to keep them away from those da­mn things.

It didn't even matter what type of sim it was, so even Simbots would play with the sprinklers as well.

raw
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    My sims act pretty normal to me :P
    In the sims 2 there was always a race to use the computer.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member

Have plastic cup, will solve both problems at once!
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Trick wrote: »

It depends on their traits I guess. Mine constantly grab their guitar when I leave them alone.
    (and I love the guitars in S3)

5JZ57S6.png
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    moongodess wrote: »
    1) It's 8pm and the whole family's around the dinner table. The bathrooms are empty and there's a serving plate of dinner. You're starving and you have to pee. So you go to bed...in your son's room.

2) You're cozied up to the sim who would make the perfect mother for your little objects. You garden, she cooks. Your other traits are a great match too. There's a rose bush wafting out flirty vibes and you're in need of some social. So you go outside to talk to the apple tree.

3) You're due at work in an hour and you have to pee, you're giving off green fumes and your hunger bar is in the red. So you decide to play a game on the computer.

1. This is a weird bug it seems. I have had NO problem with Sims learning which bed (and side of bed, unlike Sims 3) that is theirs. I click on it ONCE, and they learn-

2. So you have a problem with autonomous decisions? The Sim you control might not actually love the Sim YOU want that Sim to love. You might have to force it at the beginning. Why is this bad?

3. Sims prioritizes needs. Nothing new there.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

No, some of the TS2 Sims are that dumb. I always thought there were really dumb Sims in that game and then there were really smart ones because some didn't do what they should do that was urgent and would play a game even though their fun meter was completely full. I zapped them a lot. >:) Then others would eat or get some espresso, killing two or three birds with one stone then take a shower and then eat. See, they were smart enough to get their energy up first so they could eat, coffee filled hunger and fun so, three for one. But some of them were just plain stupid. I agree OP, doesn't sound like they are any smarter than the TS1 Sim who would just stand and scream.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    moongodess wrote: »

LOL what I remember about Sims 3 was the constant stuffing themselves with food from the fryer and ice cream maker which eclipsed every other need until I had to remove them from my game :D
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited September 2014
    Sims are super predictable. They will always go for the activity with the highest fun level. (aside from the bar, the bar is like the sprinkler in TS3) They will always eat the highest quality food available. (unless you have flirty cookies on tap, they are another kind of sprinkler) They will always sleep in the highest quality bed available.
  • horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    Crackseed wrote: »

It's times like this I wish I was a guy.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.

With a little practice you don't need to be.

Vlaxitov wrote: »

I don't think I want to explain to my mum what I'm doing squatting over a cup. Lol.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.

I don't think I want to explain to my mum what I'm doing squatting over a cup. Lol.

You could always get a little assistance?

goGirl_pinkHero_445x260.jpg

You could always get a little assistance?

goGirl_pinkHero_445x260.jpg

:o I didn't know those things even existed.