Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where are all the female children?

Comments

• SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    @xitneverendss I have not had this problem in my game. I have played for multiple generations and I still get a good mix. If I want more of certain Sims in a game or I want to continue a bloodline, I just use the Manage Worlds tool. I just checked my game right now and I have more female children than male.

@Sincerbox My game doesn't generate those families. Most of my families are mom, dad, and little girl. The rest of my Sims are singles Sims generated in different age groups. I only have two boy Sims and the rest are girls. I don't have any single mother, teen, and child families.

@stilljustme2 Another thing people can do is just edit the townie families and add kids and teens.
  • SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    Sincerbox wrote: »
    I usually have a good mix in my game. If you aren't getting the mix you want, the devs gave us the option to manage our own townie populations. This really isn't a glitch that needs to be fixed. Maybe someone will develop a mod so that you can play the game how you want.

I would have to disagree. I definitely think it's a bug when my game only generates male children and all of my generated households consist of one adult female, one teenage female, and one child male. This is a balance issue, I shouldn't have to constantly manage my townies and delete all of these repetitive households, only for them to be regenerated in less than a sim week. It's frustrating. It really breaks the immersion when you go to the park and all you see are little boys playing pirates and swinging on the monkey bars. What if I don't want my little girl to only have friends who are boys? This definitely needs fixing.

But you cannot simply add your own "Not in the World" townie families. You have to wait for the game to do it badly and then go in and edit what the game creates with CAS.

Actually you can -- it's not really simple but it can be done.

1. Create a family in CAS
    2. Go to Manage Worlds and pick a house for them.
    3. Place them in the house
    4. Immediately click on that house and choose More (the three dots), then Evict Household

If it works like it did in my game, they'll end up in the townie population and you'll see them around town. You could just use the same house over and over.

Well that is a work-around but the family then gets added to a list of families you have played and not the list of non-played families. It is also a clumsy workaround.

IMHO, if they are going to have a feature that allows aging for the entire town that is fine. I am happy that they have because I like my sims' friends to age along with them. They have never managed townie replacements well and still aren't. It is a pain in the plum for the player to have to micro-manage the town's demographics because they do it so badly. It is clear they never put any thought into it if every single townie family that gets spit out is Single Mother/teen daughter/child son. It is also difficult for the player to properly micro-manage these demographics because we don't know what the game's rules are for demographics. They don't tell us that the game requires X number of of women and Y number of men. The don't give us the proper demographic breakdown of how many children and teens the game requires for the game to function properly. They obviously have some algorithm for this however poor or the game couldn't automatically generate all these townies.

Origin ID: Barbara917

@Sincerbox My game doesn't generate those families. Most of my families are mom, dad, and little girl. The rest of my Sims are singles Sims generated in different age groups. I only have two boy Sims and the rest are girls. I don't have any single mother, teen, and child families.

I would really be interested to know how you are playing the game differently than I do. Do you do rotational play whereas I play a single family? What are you aging options? My game only generates the one family structure for the townies. Never any other. And this is not unique to me. What is happening in my game is the answer to the OP of why there are never any female children in her town.

• LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited September 2014
    I usually have a good mix in my game. If you aren't getting the mix you want, the devs gave us the option to manage our own townie populations. This really isn't a glitch that needs to be fixed. Maybe someone will develop a mod so that you can play the game how you want.

I would have to disagree. I definitely think it's a bug when my game only generates male children and all of my generated households consist of one adult female, one teenage female, and one child male. This is a balance issue, I shouldn't have to constantly manage my townies and delete all of these repetitive households, only for them to be regenerated in less than a sim week. It's frustrating. It really breaks the immersion when you go to the park and all you see are little boys playing pirates and swinging on the monkey bars. What if I don't want my little girl to only have friends who are boys? This definitely needs fixing.

But you cannot simply add your own "Not in the World" townie families. You have to wait for the game to do it badly and then go in and edit what the game creates with CAS.

Actually you can -- it's not really simple but it can be done.

1. Create a family in CAS
    2. Go to Manage Worlds and pick a house for them.
    3. Place them in the house
    4. Immediately click on that house and choose More (the three dots), then Evict Household

If it works like it did in my game, they'll end up in the townie population and you'll see them around town. You could just use the same house over and over.

This is right, it's how I added over 100 Sims to my unplayed households. I just place them on empty lots and evict them, never actually launch them into a game so they are not considered played.

The problem I've discovered is that the game rarely uses these user created households. It will just keep spitting out the single mother households. As was stated, they tend to be very obese, very poorly dressed, and just plain butt ugly. It's frustrating that they gave us this ability to create our own "townies" and yet did not give us the option to turn the game engine off.

I have to go into manage world every single week and delete over 13 of these single mother households from my game. These are not service Sims, I tend to leave the single (non-elder) Sims alone since they may be the mailperson or something. However, I have no need of hundreds of single mother households in my game.

Edit: I've seen posts that the game has a limit of 180 Sims, not true. I routinely explode up into the 300's in my game because it will not stop creating these households.
  • VASHORTYGIRL01VASHORTYGIRL01 Posts: 384 Member
    Ok so I am playing now and I guess I will have to make families with female children. The odd thing is that when i played last night I had 2 girls that would come and play with my daughter and now they are MIA? And now the town is full of boys again. When I look at the unplayed sims with children also all male. So I guess I will make some girls lol
  • RineRine Posts: 165 Member
    I just finished playing for today and I saw a female child townie at the park! They do exist!
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    Every time I send my child sim to the park, there is always nothing but male children! In fact, I think I have yet to see a single little girl in my town. It's really strange. Anyone else noticing this in their game?

I envy that.
  • Hellbiter88Hellbiter88 Posts: 916 Member
    pguida wrote: »
    Every time I send my child sim to the park, there is always nothing but male children! In fact, I think I have yet to see a single little girl in my town. It's really strange. Anyone else noticing this in their game?

I envy that.

....what?
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member

I envy that.

....what?

I envy that.

I envy that.

....what?

I envy that.

Well I can read but why do you envy a park full of little boys? >.>
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932

I envy that.

....what?

I envy that.

nevermind i see what u meant u mean you have the glitch. sorry that read really weird at first.~
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • VASHORTYGIRL01VASHORTYGIRL01 Posts: 384 Member
    ok so added girls to non played families and now see the female children..Sad that it comes to that
  • StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    Read a thread the other day, Simmer told a story of how a little boy grew up to be a girl. Can't remember Sims name but is in all games. Game got problems?
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member

I would really be interested to know how you are playing the game differently than I do. Do you do rotational play whereas I play a single family? What are you aging options? My game only generates the one family structure for the townies. Never any other. And this is not unique to me. What is happening in my game is the answer to the OP of why there are never any female children in her town.

@SweetieTreats I would be interested to know this too. I didn't think about rotational play possibly having an affect on this.
  • LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    Rine wrote: »
    I just finished playing for today and I saw a female child townie at the park! They do exist!

It's a unicorn! Lol

I don't do rotational gameplay. So, I don't think the no girl children thing is related to that. The game was just coded so they are rare, like a good unicorn.

• AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    Haven't come across any girls yet for my Powerpuffs to play with. :(

Buttercup's made a reputation of being a bully to the boys.

I hope there's a solution for this soon. It's lonely not having them befriend other girls.
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    I'm going to enter some neighbors houses and have them adopt little girls.
  • YouMeAtSixYouMeAtSix Posts: 460 Member
    I'm having the same problem - It's always boys!
  • KrystabelaKrystabela Posts: 143 Member
    Any word on this at all yet? My main family has had three boys and children...I have only seen actually one other child. I'm tempted to create families with children just to get children in the neighborhood.
  • albaniealbanie Posts: 584 Member
    I have an equal mix, so I guess I'm quite lucky. Also, two out of three times I've had a girl when I've placed a pink bassinet.
    You never forget the face of the person who was your last hope - The Hunger Games.
    Banana! - Minions
    I started a new game and noticed a few little girls roaming the town now (some of which were from families I added myself) but it's better than none! Not quite sure if this is luck or not. I've been rotating families and I played the Hoffs and got Alysha pregnant. She had the baby while I was playing another family. I'm praying it's a girl (been too scared to go into the household and look for myself lol). I really don't want to have the issue a lot of other people seem to be having where they only have boys. My last two CAS created sims started families, got pregnant, and had boys so I hope it's not becoming a cycle.

I've been playing the Pancakes now. Found out Eliza was having an affair behind Bob's back with (you guessed it) Don Lothario, so I decided to have her try for a baby with him. I made a nursery and placed a pink bassinet in it so HOPEFULLY, I will get a girl. Just too many boys running around.
    edited October 2014
    Update: The Hoffs had a boy while I was playing another family :unamused:

But placing the pink bassinet seemed to work for the Pancakes! Eliza had a girl! So anyone having trouble having only children of one gender, try placing a bassinet for the opposite gender. Will have to try this again with another family to see how reliable this is, but its worth a shot until there is a fix!
    edited October 2014
    What I have observed. When you start a new game the only families in the game are the one you create from CAS and the default families already living in houses in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs. As soon as you place your CAS family in the first house you can press pause to use Manage World and Manage Households to add additional families to the game (or not.) It isn't until you actually start Live Mode with some family that automatic townie generation happens.

The first several games I have played have been with young adult sims I created in CAS. I did not start my games with children already in the family I was playing. In each of those games every Townie household the game created was either single sims, a few couples, and the Single Mother/Teen Daughter/Child Son family. And those Single Mother families weren't created until I had a child in the household I was playing. The household you are playing triggers the production of townies. If you go to a Bar bartenders are created. If you go to a park gardeners are created. If you go to a Lounge Entertainers are created. If you send a child to the park or a playground children in townie families are created.

For some reason when you start the game with a young adult sims and don't play with children immediately the game gets stuck in some sort of weird gender balancing act that results in the Single Mother Family households that only have male children.

I started a fresh game, placed my CAS sims in a starter house. Pressed pause. Went to Manage Worlds and selected the Goth Family to play. I also used Manage Households to mark that CAS sim household as unplayed. The Goths became my only played household. I started Live Mode and sent Bella out into the neighborhood meeting sims to get her started on her Friend of the World Aspiration. Almost immediately the game started sending out children of both genders into the neighborhood walking by or playing on the playground. I pressed Pause and checked what townies had been generated with Manage Households. There were "traditional families" with two parents and a random assortment of children of both genders. But several weeks into my game with Cassandra moved out, Alexander grown up and Mortimer about to die the game has reverted to producing those Single Mother households only.

I think that people who play rotationally and with different types of families probably are getting different results based on the types of households they play and what activities the do which triggers townie generation. There is something idiosyncratic about the way I (and others) play the game that triggers the game to get stuck with this single household structure.
  • shaposh2012shaposh2012 Posts: 760 Member
    My sims seem to be rotating between boys and girls, but the other family households are all young adult women with one teenage daughter and one child stage son. It's bizarre. And it really doesn't make sense. One of my sims married one of them and oops, realized she had a teenager and a kid even though she was only a couple of days into being a YA.
  • nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    This, plus the culling of townies, is why I had my boy Chip befriend Olivia Spencer-Kim-Lewis as quickly as possible. I like the idea of him marrying a childhood friend, and I figured she's the only girl in his age group who I can count on probably still existing when he grows up.