Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Fixed some instances of disappearing Sims."

Comments

• Options
    MrHotterMrHotter Posts: 49 Member
    I'd like to see a checkbox in the neighborhood management so we can select families we want to protect from deletion. I had evicted most of the built in families from the game (like that Zest guy), but I had not deleted them. They are all still there even though many of my custom families have vanished. There must be something that designates the built in families as 'do not delete'.
    7HKbN5vGdcqZdduM6
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    MrHotter wrote: »
    I'd like to see a checkbox in the neighborhood management so we can select families we want to protect from deletion. I had evicted most of the built in families from the game (like that Zest guy), but I had not deleted them. They are all still there even though many of my custom families have vanished. There must be something that designates the built in families as 'do not delete'.

Excellent idea.
  • Options
    psychotrip1psychotrip1 Posts: 237 Member
    So they didn't actually fix the disappearing sim is what you are basically saying. Then I am not taking out this mod that fixes that. I don't need another generation 2 family to be missing family members that just lived next door because they were culled from the game. Apparently the game doesn't think Best Friends is high enough to keep them. crazy-happy-smiley-emoticon.gif

Wait so there's a mod that fixes this entirely, but the best EA can do is give us a patch 16 days in that fixes "some" of the problem?

The math just doesn't add up here.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12696591/#Comment_12696591
    As I've posted elsewhere - any feedback both negative (how else is the team going to know what you don't like?!) and positive are welcome - just no fights/flames/trolls and you're good :) thanks.

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    So they didn't actually fix the disappearing sim is what you are basically saying. Then I am not taking out this mod that fixes that. I don't need another generation 2 family to be missing family members that just lived next door because they were culled from the game. Apparently the game doesn't think Best Friends is high enough to keep them. crazy-happy-smiley-emoticon.gif

Wait so there's a mod that fixes this entirely, but the best EA can do is give us a patch 16 days in that fixes "some" of the problem?

Yes but I think its still in testing and it on MTS.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

Yes but I think its still in testing and it on MTS.

It's available for download at modthesims, yes. As far as testing goes, the modder is asking for feedback because this is a bug that does not occur until you've played the game for several Sim-weeks or generations. All the feedback so far (that I've seen, anyway) has been positive.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=4539042&posted=1#post4539042
  • Options
    DianeLuvsMunkyDianeLuvsMunky Posts: 104 Member
    I'm not even sure what they are talking about. Are "disappearing Sims" townies who suddenly disappear from your friends list (this happens in my game especially with children)? Or is there an Invisible Sim Bug like in TS3?
    I can't speak for all cases of disappearing sims, but in my case my household manager looks like this. Their family info box is there, but the sims have just vanished as if they've never existed.
    Screenshot_677_zps4ce7c397.png

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,598 Member
    Yes, they probably have figured the cause of it but they can't be too sure if there's no more than that one problem that could cause the disappearing sims. So just to play safe, they said 'some instances'. XP
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    More in
    MsPhy wrote: »
    Okay. New patch notes say, "Fixed some instances of disappearing Sims." "Some?" Define "some," please.

I'm happy the team has worked on the issue, but "some instances" simply is not enough information.

What exactly was done...
    renzilla wrote: »
    Does this mean the mod that was released on Mod the Sims to prevent Sims from disappearing won't be necessary anymore? I'm scared of testing it out for myself. D:

It is.

The patch barely improves on the issue.
    So here is EA's "fix".
    in Households.pyo, they added one additional condition to check before considering a sim for pruning:
    sim_info.household.home_zone_id == 0

This basically means that genealogy pruning will now only kill sims that are in the homeless bin. It still doesn't check if they are marked as "played" which means that moving your offspring into the homeless bin just to get them out of the house (but you still wish to interact with them) still will not protect them from the pruner.

I optimistically expected them to add a check to see if the Sim was dead (because it's something that actually needs to be addressed) but instead they decided to just limit it to the homeless bin. I don't know what they are thinking.

As far as I can tell, my mod will continue to function without any updates. It does exactly what it did before, shuts down the pruner. This is still valuable if you don't want it killing sims in your unplayed bin. However, it is far less critical than it was before.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=535559&c=1&ht=&page=4&pp=25#startcomments
  • Options
    MelReduxMelRedux Posts: 54 Member
    I really wish they would make relationships a condition. Something like, any sim that has a relationship above acquaintance cannot be deleted. My sim's girlfriend disappeared today, but the game kept the eleventy billion elders he's never talked to :/
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    First we have districts. Now we have the culling...LOL...Why does this sound like the Hunger Games? I guess the Sims in the Homeless bin we could give the standard farewell to: May the odds be ever in your favor.
  • Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    Even after my game updated with the patch, my sims are still disappearing. My male sim was engaged to a female townie. The female townie disappeared just minutes later. She was not in the relationship box when I had her fiancé selected.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    @SimSwim2: How long did you have the game running?

@SimGuruM0dSquad I had it running for about an hour.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    SimSwim2 wrote: »
    @SimSwim2: How long did you have the game running?

@SimGuruM0dSquad I had it running for about an hour.

You're wasting your breath SimSwim. He's a troll who's impersonating a guru.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited September 2014
    Nevermind. He's gone.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited September 2014
    SimSwim2 wrote: »
    Even after my game updated with the patch, my sims are still disappearing. My male sim was engaged to a female townie. The female townie disappeared just minutes later. She was not in the relationship box when I had her fiancé selected.

I would post this issue in the tech forum. Not sure if they can help you there, but at least they will know to keep looking into the disappearing sim issue.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    pguiida wrote: »
    Stop trolling me you copycat! I have and always will support the sims and my gay community. You are not the real pguiida
    Wait I am confused now there is troll Pquida? When did that happen that is way to hilarious sorry I know it shouldn't be.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    Stop trolling me you copycat! I have and always will support the sims and my gay community. You are not the real pguiida
    Wait I am confused now there is troll Pquida? When did that happen that is way to hilarious sorry I know it shouldn't be.

I am pguida, not pguiida, with an extra i.
  • Options
    pguida wrote: »

I am pguida, not pguiida, with an extra i.
    Sorry didn't notice that these trolls are crafty.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    First we have districts. Now we have the culling...LOL...Why does this sound like the Hunger Games? I guess the Sims in the Homeless bin we could give the standard farewell to: May the odds be ever in your favor.
    I was thinking it sounded like the "Left Behind" Series (gone with no explanation ).
    But then realized Most people might not get the joke /reference.

Anyway, for so many saying before game released , that it would be so great and glitch free (compared to past base-game releases), the first month still seems to be bug/ glitch ridden.
    Seems like too may paid too much , for the privilege of being a "beta-tester".
    Makes me wonder how much gets patched/ fixed, before others will buy it ...

• Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Some is because it happened to some people due to some instances. I think the more instances they get they will address it in future patch. I did not have the problem of disappearing sims.
    I still did not open the game today so where can I see the patch notes?
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    I also have never had any disappearing sims.

Didn't somebody at MTS determine that they only fixed the instance of them vanishing from the played sims? So, was this girlfriend in a played household or unplayed?

Also, this is not a problem unique to Sims 4. In Sims 3, there were countless posts of story progression turning entire world's into ghost towns by either killing everybody off or moving them all out.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    OK I have seen the patch notes. There is hardly anything there!
    I expected them to at least fix the physical changes of sims, relationship decay rate and some other technical things.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    MasterDinadan from modthesims explains what the new EA patch did, thereby defining "some":
    So here is EA's "fix".
    in Households.pyo, they added one additional condition to check before considering a sim for pruning:

This basically means that genealogy pruning will now only kill sims that are in the homeless bin. It still doesn't check if they are marked as "played" which means that moving your offspring into the homeless bin just to get them out of the house (but you still wish to interact with them) still will not protect them from the pruner.

I optimistically expected them to add a check to see if the Sim was dead (because it's something that actually needs to be addressed) but instead they decided to just limit it to the homeless bin. I don't know what they are thinking.

As far as I can tell, my mod will continue to function without any updates. It does exactly what it did before, shuts down the pruner. This is still valuable if you don't want it killing sims in your unplayed bin. However, it is far less critical than it was before.

All EA would have needed to say in the patch notes is that they restricted culling to homeless Sims. How hard would that have been?

Edited because I'm a total dip this morning and worded it wrong the first time.
    Post edited by MsPhy on
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    MasterDinadan from modthesims explains what the new EA patch did, thereby defining "some":
    So here is EA's "fix".

All EA would have needed to say in the patch notes is that they fixed the disappearance of homeless Sims. How hard would that have been?

At least now we know what to tell people who want to play with mods - that any Sims they care about should be housed, not homeless. But yeah, that would have been good to say. I wonder if they didn't get the part of the notes here and in the Bugs area that it wasn't just about housed Sims disappearing - it was about anySims we've played or have as friends/romantic interests?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    So here is EA's "fix".

All EA would have needed to say in the patch notes is that they fixed the disappearance of homeless Sims. How hard would that have been?

At least now we know what to tell people who want to play with mods - that any Sims they care about should be housed, not homeless. But yeah, that would have been good to say. I wonder if they didn't get the part of the notes here and in the Bugs area that it wasn't just about housed Sims disappearing - it was about anySims we've played or have as friends/romantic interests?

My guess is that they read the notes somewhere, maybe over at the official bug list, but only fixed this part because it was easy. Maybe thought thought a half-plumbed fix was better than no fix at all. I'm hoping in the meantime that they are continuing to work on the other parts of the problem.

In the meantime, I can verify through gameplay that with the new patch, homeless Sims are culled, regardless of relationships with played Sims. I guess I finally reached the critical number: when I went to a public lot I'd never visited before, it spawned 9 new homeless Sims, and at 2 a.m. it culled 9 homeless Sims, including a couple with 2 children (I already have few enough townie children as is! One child was a friend of one of my children). I went back to my save before 2 a.m. and installed the mod. With the mod, no cull occurred. Since I do not want my homeless Sims culled, I'm using the mod until EA fixes things in a more useful manner.

Someone suggested in one thread that it would be nice if we could go into manage families and have a check box for Sims we wanted to protect from culling. I thought that was a great solution. With TS3, one of the NRAAS mods let you protect households or individual Sims that you didn't want to disappear, and to stop aging on them if you wished (so your sweetheart couldn't age suddenly before you had a chance to get hitched). It was just a click and a menu option. Surely EA could do something like that in this case, or add the check box. Theoretically. Maybe. bleh.