Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Physical Copies vs. Digital Copies

Comments

• Physical. But if I had known I'd never be able to resell ts4 if I ever wanted to, I would have gone digital.
  • SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    Books... all those poor trees :(
  • bethlebellebethlebelle Posts: 139 Member
    Crackseed wrote: »
    Physical. Might be my OCD nature but I just enjoy the fact that something I've spent so much money on is there, in my hands, real.
    I'm the same with books - could never, ever read a book on an ereader. It's not the same as holding the book in your hand, the scent and the feel of the pages. I know one day books will be a thing of the past but as long as it's not in my lifetime that's fair enough. :p

It's like you took what I was thinking and made it like... le saucy.

Lmao, I was actually going to lead on to an innuendo with that. This whole thread is pretty much gagging for one. But alas, le no.

• CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    Crackseed wrote: »
    Physical. Might be my OCD nature but I just enjoy the fact that something I've spent so much money on is there, in my hands, real.
    I'm the same with books - could never, ever read a book on an ereader. It's not the same as holding the book in your hand, the scent and the feel of the pages. I know one day books will be a thing of the past but as long as it's not in my lifetime that's fair enough. :p

It's like you took what I was thinking and made it like... le saucy.

Lmao, I was actually going to lead on to an innuendo with that. This whole thread is pretty much gagging for one. But alas, le no.

And you decided not to?! Le Belle - you scalliwag.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

You pretty much took the words right out of my mouth.

I'd prefer something to have and to hold.

And because internet here is crap, so downloading 10 GB over 1 Mbps will take forever. *Glares at Steam for forcing him to download Sleeping Dogs and Skyrim even when he had the disc*
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • JaylinaJaylina Posts: 256 Member
    I like physical. I throw them at my bf when he gets on my nerves.
  • CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    Jaylina wrote: »

All my thumbs up for you xD
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
    This thread reminds me why I am willing to shell out $$ for interwebs every month, because downloading your games can be a matter of minutes instead of hours, or, for those who remember that good old days, weeks.
  • Ralf453Ralf453 Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited September 2014
    Physical all the way! All of my PC games have a CD and a case, respectfully :p

Forgot to mention:
    If the game is only digital, I make a case, I love cases :#
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited September 2014
    Jaylina wrote: »
    You can also temporarily "blind" people with them!
    Tilt it to sunlight and aim it at victim , LOL!
    (yep, did it to one of my sons, when he ignored me)

And used to play with my cats. oh how they loved moving lights !

I prefer physical .
    But now that Sims 4 requires online activation, no matter what , Starting to Wonder...
    But what happens to game support , Say 10 years from now ?

• SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    Digital all the way. Digital games are better for the environment. Physical games take up too much space and unless you want the box or the freebies, there is no point in owning them.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Physical most of the time. I'm a collector and the boxes look pretty on my shelf. :smile:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • SilverNamaraSilverNamara Posts: 42 Member
    I'd prefer physical, but this laptop doesn't have a disc player, and I'm too lazy to go and buy an external one.
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    edited September 2014
    I like physical cause i could always redeem it onto my origin and download it onto my computer :)its kinda cross between the two
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Bump... >_>
  • TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    Unless the box has something I can't get digitally, I don't want it. It'll just go on a shelf and take up space forever. I've got bookshelves full of game boxes I don't need, but can't seem to throw away.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    Physical. It's also the same for music CDs for me. I like them all to be hard copies. Don't really know why though.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    DeKay wrote: »
    Physical. It's also the same for music CDs for me. I like them all to be hard copies. Don't really know why though.

Do they even still make cd players?
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    SimKeats wrote: »

Not as many as they use too.
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited September 2014
    I guess in the past I would have said physical as I felt more like I owned the game and like I could continue to play it even if whatever online service wasn't functioning in the future, but at this point, I say digital. It's not like you get around the origin requirement by having a physical copy, so I see no reason to have the clutter.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    Physical.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    edited September 2014

Hmm, it's a bit hard to find one these days. But I do have a portable CD player that I'm still using till now but I bought it about 5 years ago.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • VirtualPets65VirtualPets65 Posts: 133 Member
    I prefer physical.

Hmm, it's a bit hard to find one these days. But I do have a portable CD player that I'm still using till now but I bought it about 5 years ago.

Is it like in Shadowrun: Dragonfall when you have to find a "dvd player" :p
  • SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    colton147 wrote: »
    In your opinion, what do you prefer? Physical over digital or digital over physical?

I prefer physical copies over digital copies, because I like having a hard copy instead of something digital. I like discs in boxes and I like to put the discs in my laptop's disc drive. (Very use to putting discs into disc drives)

Whenever there is a physical copy of a game that I want, I am always like this. XD
    it-amp-039-s-a-cat-okay_o_1550661.jpg

The disk copies of this game are irrelevant. I don't know what their purpose is. You still require an Internet connection to install the game because you have to have Origin to register and run it regardless of whether you elect to play in offline mode or not. Neither do you need the disk after the game is installed. You can put it away in its box and never touch it again.

Origin ID: Barbara917