Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HELP Sims suddently just stand there

2...Next

Comments

• ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Here's something I've noticed--they all seem very fascinated with the bathroom mirrors. So any time one of them goes to the bathroom, when they're done they'll stand in front of the sink/mirror and do nothing.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • SarnokhSarnokh Posts: 15 New Member
    edited September 2014
    So my horror Motel finally sucked their souls away. XD

Can you try to enter another family into the Motel? Otherwise I am sort of at my wit's end. I mean, as last resort I may try to move them out with furniture, and re-furniture the house manually. Maybe it is something they placed? Maybe of the career rewards?

🐸🐸🐸🐸, this really annoys the hell out of me! :(
    edited September 2014
    Ok it IS something with the furniture, or something the Sims created or brought into the house. I removed ALL furniture, by moving them out. I started to redecorate the house, and now the Sims act again normal.

Since I did not add any mods, there must apparently be a bug. I assume some of the career items causes this? Just one guess, since the only change is, I began to add career items. A table and a chair from the Secret Agent. Or it could be anything the Sims brought into the house. A frog, a stone... anything.
    Not sure what the deal is. I left them going for quite awhile by themselves. Here's what I found. They do some things autonomously but also spend a lot of time standing around doing nothing. The kids went to school by themselves while the adults ate together and chatted. Grandma played with the modeling clay (this stuff is addictive to everyone, apparently, because it was one thing they all seemed interested in). Someone did turn on the jukebox in the dining room autonomously. Borden, the extra sim of mine got into an argument with someone and got angry but I'm not sure with whom. He did at one point autonomously scold Joe and was going to yell at him but that got dropped. Dad almost completely missed work because the boys got home and he was playing with modeling clay and chatting with Frank. I sent him to work and as soon as he got home, he went straight for the modeling clay again. No one would clean anything up and the mom got so dirty she had a stink cloud and still wouldn't go take a shower. As soon as I moved them to a different lot and the game kicked in, everyone went to do things (watch tv, take showers, etc.).

So I downloaded a different large household (the Avengers without CC) and dropped them into the hotel. Natasha immediately went to the kitchen to make herself some food but all the guys stood around outside for a few moments before everyone ran into the kitchen (it was kind of funny watching all the guys jog into the kitchen for food). They were all hungry. However, since there were 6 sims going for food, a lot of them dropped their queues because they couldn't get to the fridge right away. Then they stood around doing nothing but getting more uncomfortable. Clint wouldn't even get himself food at the hotel at all. Just stood in the middle of the room being miserable. Steve started to make himself a quick meal in the microwave but after cooking it, he literally just stood in front of the microwave doing nothing (wouldn't pull it out to eat it). They did turn the jukebox on autonomously but, really nothing else except for dire needs.

I moved them to a different house and, as soon as the game kicked in, they went their separate ways to watch tv, go to sleep, get food, etc.

So it seems to have something to do with the lot but I really can't figure out what. I know at one point, when left to themselves, a couple of your Hardy family sims did go play on the computer, but they didn't even do that as much as you would expect. The kids never once autonomously went to play on the monkey bars.

I'm stumped. I have no clue what would make that lot do that. I don't think there's anything there that I haven't put in one of my houses where the Sims behaved normally, so I'm not sure what could be causing the issue. You might want to post it in a bug thread and link them to this thread.
  • justproud2bjustproud2b Posts: 12 New Member
    > @Sarnokh said:
    > Ok it IS something with the furniture, or something the Sims created or brought into the house. I removed ALL furniture, by moving them out. I started to redecorate the house, and now the Sims act again normal.
    >
    > Since I did not add any mods, there must apparently be a bug. I assume some of the career items causes this? Just one guess, since the only change is, I began to add career items. A table and a chair from the Secret Agent. Or it could be anything the Sims brought into the house. A frog, a stone... anything.

I wasn't able to find the house but I placed the family in my test world which has autonomy off all the time. Once I turned autonomy on Full they started going around and acting normally. Have you tried just toggling the option? If you can get the house in your gallery I will try and download it to test it out.
    edited September 2014
    Sarnokh wrote: »
    Ok it IS something with the furniture, or something the Sims created or brought into the house. I removed ALL furniture, by moving them out. I started to redecorate the house, and now the Sims act again normal.<br />
    <br />
    Since I did not add any mods, there must apparently be a bug. I assume some of the career items causes this? Just one guess, since the only change is, I began to add career items. A table and a chair from the Secret Agent. Or it could be anything the Sims brought into the house. A frog, a stone... anything.

Heh. I didn't even think to get rid of all the furniture to see how they'd behave. I really didn't see anything that I haven't put in one of my houses but it's a pretty big lot so I probably just missed it, whatever it is.

ETA: What career items do you have? If I've got them, too I can tell you they haven't affected my Sims, though I don't have a ton. I've got all career rewards for the writer/bestselling author; up to level 5 of the secret agent career; level 8 or 9 of the painting career; level 4 of mixology.
    edited September 2014
    Hm as far as I recall the only 2 career items I have placed are Secret Agent chair and table. But the sims also brought a frog and a few rocks and placed them. And of course I have various mood lamps from Sims 3. You get those if you have Sims 3 and expansions on the same account.

Maybe that was the reason the Motel was sold to me so cheap, because there was this Indian Graveyard... :D

Maxis REALLY must look into this. There is *some* issue.

@justproud2b: my name is "elikal71" and the house is called "Riverside Motel".
    Hm as far as I recall the only 2 career items I have placed are Secret Agent chair and table. But the sims also brought a frog and a few rocks and placed them. And of course I have various mood lamps from Sims 3. You get those if you have Sims 3 and expansions on the same account.<br />
    <br />
    Maybe that was the reason the Motel was sold to me so cheap, because there was this Indian Graveyard... :D<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Maxis REALLY must look into this. There is *some* issue.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    @justproud2b: my name is "elikal71" and the house is called "Riverside Motel".

LOL. Well, it seems your Grandma would be glad about the Indian burial ground, anyway.

Right, I've got the chair and table/desk. I've also got two frogs. No rocks, though. I've got all the mood lamps and even set up a "test" facility with all of the lamps in it and never had the free will glitch with them in place, turned on, in the same room, so it's not that. Since you already removed all the furniture, are you testing things as you put things back? Place an item or two, go to live mode, see if they lose free will; add another piece, check live mode, etc.
    I filled the house now again with furniture, and the Sims (so far) act naturally.

Another idea is, Sim City had bugs which only happened after a time. Cumulative. Like when the city was filled, all things suddenly went haywire. So another guess is, the houses get bugged, after being played for too long, or maybe with some items. I don't know what it is. I will not place any rewards for the time being. Does Maxis look into this forum? I really want them to look into this.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Crinrict's got a bug thread hosted at answers.ea.com: here's the link: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

I think you can just sign in with your Origin ID and it should work. I'd post a description there with a link to this thread, and Crin can look into it and see if anyone else has had a similar issue.

I'll check and see if there's a resetlot option in the cheat options -- there was one hidden in Sims 3 that Twallan was able to find and add to one of his mods so it was easier to do it.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    Thanks guys for all the replies and help. I posted the bug report on their bug report forum. Hopefully Maxis looks into it.
    I filled the house now again with furniture, and the Sims (so far) act naturally.<br />
    <br />
    Another idea is, Sim City had bugs which only happened after a time. Cumulative. Like when the city was filled, all things suddenly went haywire. So another guess is, the houses get bugged, after being played for too long, or maybe with some items. I don't know what it is. I will not place any rewards for the time being. Does Maxis look into this forum? I really want them to look into this.

I don't know. The time thing doesn't sound right since it happened immediately for me with both your family, my single guy Borden and the Avengers. So it's not based on length of time on the actual computer or in the game. Unless it's something that came with your lot when I downloaded it, which sounds a bit odd (and potentially really bad so I hope it's not that).

Hope Crinrict can help out with this!
  • SagelithSagelith Posts: 3 New Member
    It seems the bug is related to an item your Sims can't reach. It can be anything - from a mirror to a book or a toy. Over time, if a Sim tries to use or grab the item just once, it immediately becomes their obsession and they will do nothing but comatose as long as they are near it. That is why they seem to act normally on other lots, where they are separated from their fixation ; )

If you have no idea which object causes problems, start to delete rooms one by one and check when the Sims unlock. The last deleted room will contain the item that causes problems. Reload the game and delete just that room to check if there are no other similar cases. If not, reload again and start deleting objects in the broken room one by one. Localize the culprit, load your last saved game once again and just delete the buggy thing.

Good luck!
    Sagelith wrote: »
    It seems the bug is related to an item your Sims can't reach. It can be anything - from a mirror to a book or a toy. Over time, if a Sim tries to use or grab the item just once, it immediately becomes their obsession and they will do nothing but comatose as long as they are near it. That is why they seem to act normally on other lots, where they are separated from their fixation ; )<br />
    <br />
    If you have no idea which object causes problems, start to delete rooms one by one and check when the Sims unlock. The last deleted room will contain the item that causes problems. Reload the game and delete just that room to check if there are no other similar cases. If not, reload again and start deleting objects in the broken room one by one. Localize the culprit, load your last saved game once again and just delete the buggy thing.<br />
    <br />
    Good luck!

I don't think that's it, though I do hope the OP got their problem fixed. In this case, it happened with every single sim on the lot, not just one, and it pretty much happened immediately upon being put on the lot so there were no instances of a sim (or all of them) trying to reach something they couldn't before they would freeze and stand around doing nothing for extended periods of time.
  • SagelithSagelith Posts: 3 New Member
    In my case all the sims were blocked, too. I am not sure if it happened immediately and I didn't notice or it was happening gradually. Can as well do some testing with similar set up.

Anyways, the problem is definitely route-related and my solution of gradually searching the house for a buggy spot is, I think, a good way to go.