Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch #4

colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
I opened up Origin and the Sims 4 started updating. Patch #4 has most likely been released.

Make sure to patch your game everyone! :)

Update: 9/24/14

Bug Fixes / Issues:
•Fixed some issues related to error codes 102 and 122--Fixed an issue that prevents loading an auto-saved game directly from the "Load Game" menu.
•Fixed some instances of disappearing Sims.
How to update your game:
•Launch Origin
•Go to your game library
•Find the Sims 4
•Right-click the Sims 4
•Click "Check for Update".
Post edited by colton147 on

Comments

• mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    Isn't it patch 4?
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    colton147 wrote: »
    I opened up Origin and the Sims 4 started updating. Patch #3 has most likely been released.

Make sure to patch your game everyone! :)

*slap* It's 4! Learn to count heathen!
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    mulboro wrote: »
    Isn't it patch 4?

I believe it's patch #3.

I may have lost count. XD

Either 3 or 4.
  • TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    #4 actually... yeah, went out earlier today.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-4-updates/
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    I lost track which number update we're at now. But, yeah .... I logged in to Origin, and my game started patching.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    1) 9/2/14
    2) 9/5/14
    3) 9/9/14
    4) 9/24/14
    y9UdOhq.png
    edited September 2014
    Crackseed wrote: »
    1) 9/2/14
    2) 9/5/14
    3) 9/9/14
    4) 9/24/14

Ah, so we are at #4. I'll fix it.

EDIT: Added patch notes to the thread.
    A disappointing and puny patch IMO. Maybe I was wrong to expect a larger one after 16 days
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited September 2014
    Update: 9/24/14

Bug Fixes / Issues:
    Fixed some issues related to error codes 102 and 122--Fixed an issue that prevents loading an auto-saved game directly from the "Load Game" menu.
    Fixed some instances of disappearing Sims.

I'm glad for these fixes, but was hoping for more. Hopefully soon.
    A disappointing and puny patch IMO. Maybe I was wrong to expect a larger one after 16 days

Not necessarily, despite the vague "Somewhere we fixed something that was doing something wrong" wording, some of the issues it looks to have tackled were a pain in the gluteus maximus for people.
    y9UdOhq.png

Not necessarily, despite the vague "Somewhere we fixed something that was doing something wrong" wording, some of the issues it looks to have tackled were a pain in the gluteus maximus for people.
    Could be, but there is no way of knowing.

The problem I have is that they are being silent about future content and info, and 16 days is kind of a long time for a game that was just released and has many issues. It gives the impression that the devs are doing nothing with their time.
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif

The problem I have is that they are being silent about future content and info, and 16 days is kind of a long time for a game that was just released and has many issues. It gives the impression that the devs are doing nothing with their time.

It's that catch 22 - when you say "Hey we have this probably coming at this point" and it doesn't materialize or something goes wrong, people yell about "We were lied to!" and when they don't give anything while they're trying to stamp things out, then we're all "ABANDONMENT ISSUES AND LOUD NOISES!" in the forums.

I'm of the mindset that something is better than nothing but I can't fault the "quiet" just yet.
    y9UdOhq.png

It's that catch 22 - when you say "Hey we have this probably coming at this point" and it doesn't materialize or something goes wrong, people yell about "We were lied to!" and when they don't give anything while they're trying to stamp things out, then we're all "ABANDONMENT ISSUES AND LOUD NOISES!" in the forums.

I'm of the mindset that something is better than nothing but I can't fault the "quiet" just yet.
    I suppose they are being quiet out of fear, as silly as that sounds. But it doesn't mean I have to like it!
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif

I suppose they are being quiet out of fear, as silly as that sounds. But it doesn't mean I have to like it!

Of course not :) Just offering some thoughts on the matter.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • AlourraAlourra Posts: 492 Member
    Small patch, but at least it's something.
    edited September 2014

Just like Bethesda honestly. They keep to themselves and never barely release any info.

People say their next game is Fallout 4, but it is just all rumors. The only thing Bethesda said is that they were working on a game. They did not say it was Fallout 4. It could even be the Elder Scrolls VI. It is also rumored that the game is to be released in 2015. Bethesda does not say anything until like a couple days before the release of a game.

I love companies like that honestly. <3
  • carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    i patched nd before i did i took out cc nd mods and i put them back in and no problems so far the lighting looks better too??
    edited September 2014

Well it makes sense... even though it sounds ridiculous. But it's not like this is the first silly thing EA has done.
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Clearly something is wrong when they released 3 patches within a week.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock

Well it makes sense... even though it sounds ridiculous. But it's not like this is the first silly thing EA has done.

"On second thought let's not visit EA HQ, tis a silly place...."
    y9UdOhq.png
    Clearly something is wrong when they released 3 patches within a week.
    You can tell something is wrong by playing the game :) I think it's good when patches come out often. I pretty much expect it with any new game.
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • MelReduxMelRedux Posts: 54 Member
    Well, I'm glad they fixed the disappearing sims, and my game started patching one hour after my sim's girlfriend disappeared *sobsob*
  • neonhorn22neonhorn22 Posts: 132 Member
    I feel dumb for asking, but how do you know if your game is patched? The only patches I've ever used are the ones you had to DL and apply yourself for TS2.
    edited September 2014
    neonhorn22 wrote: »
    I feel dumb for asking, but how do you know if your game is patched? The only patches I've ever used are the ones you had to DL and apply yourself for TS2.

Go to Origin, right-click your Sims 4 game, and click "Check for Updates".
  • carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    did anyone notice the better lighting i swear it is less dark??