Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• PINKLADY1PINKLADY1 Posts: 142 Member
    Very nice entries everyone. Thumbs up for you all! ;)
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    edited September 2014
    Argh, I am spending way too much time on the architecture of this build. Can't stop experimenting with the roofing tools! :o Must move onto the interior!
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • benlow11benlow11 Posts: 83 Member
    edited September 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #:2
    FORUM ID: benlow11
    ORIGIN ID: benlow11
    SIM: Douglas Curtis III
    Douglas's traits-romantic, ambitious, and outgoing.
    LOT: Curtis Penthouse Suite
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:Curtis Penthouse Suite
    ENTRY DETAILS:This modern penthouse features a master bedroom with an attached full bath and closet, a guest bedroom, a full guest bath, an office, kitchen, dining, and living space, a foyer/sitting area, hallway, and a large balcony for entertaining guests. Cost: 148,248.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none, just used some of the plumbob lights.
    Post edited by benlow11 on
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    celdys0n wrote: »
    You did really well @KraftySim! Hard to believe you are a Starter after this build

Will the winners announcement be next Wednesday then? @BuildnShare

We will endeavour to get the results up for Wednesday, but with the mass of entries, we won't be making any promises ;)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • LavenderLavender Posts: 73 Member
    Wow!!! Everyones entries are soooo amazing!!! Looking at your slides, I see things that I had no idea we could even do!!! I can see I have a lot to learn! Great job, y'all!!!!
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    @KraftySim - Thank you! I'll give that a try now!
    edited September 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 2
    FORUM ID: misscbong
    ORIGIN ID: misscbong
    Douglas is a Business Savvy man with ambitions of being a Mansion Baron. He is romantic, outgoing and a snob.
    LOT: Luxury Penthouse
    Cost: 130,020

ENTRY DETAILS:
    This Luxury Penthouse truly lives up to its name. The home offers a stunning lobby-style front entrance that welcomes all visitors - new and old - into the extravagant living quarters. Decorated in mixed styles of modern and classic, Luxury Penthouse offers warm wood tones, cool metal touches, and something to please every palate.

The open concept living area affords some of the most breath taking views in Willow Creek; floor to ceiling windows help to bring the lush outdoors inside. This home boasts a large master bedroom with marble-floored en-suite bathroom, a second guest bedroom and a guest bathroom. This is truly a house built for entertaining: open concept living area with a gourmand modern kitchen, separate dining space, bar, and massive entertaining living area. What more could any Sim ask for?

No CC
    Post edited by misscbong on
  • TwilaniteTwilanite Posts: 53 Member
    Twilanite wrote: »
    Hi guys. we have decided on entry categories and they are as follows:

I did challenge #1 and I am not listed? Did you overlook my entry? Its on page eight below conutrykris1play's entry. I'd like to see how I did. Thanks! ~Twilanite

Hey hon, apologies, we did have you down, looks like I just managed to miss you off the list somehow, after working 14 hours yesterday, I think my brain might have been a little mushed :blush:

It's ok I been really busy lately I know how that goes. I just wanted to make sure I didn't get missed somehow. I could see how it got over looked no biggie. 14 hours makes for a VERY long day. Thanks for adding me back to the list! :) ~Twilanite
  • PacifistBF3PacifistBF3 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited September 2014
    > @Carewren123 said:
    > PacifistBF3 you could still post your entry. Just when posting the link to you slideshow leave out the http
    > @Lebanna said:
    > PacifistBF3 What Carewren123 says :) if you have your entry, just fill out the entry form and where you place the link, paste the whole link and remove ht tps:// and you will be fine :)

Thanks guys. that is great info. I do not have an entry persay. but I have a great prison I made. I called it Arid Ridge Prison. I will post it and images when I get the chance. I made it my feature.

I also just finished a new home with this beautiful widow's walk (or widow's watch) on top of the roof that leads to a gazebo .
  • celdys0nceldys0n Posts: 107 Member
    edited September 2014
    Will I be counted out if I do not have a lobby area? Cause I just focused on the fact that it needs to be a one floor building in the style of rich.

Edit: Nevermind, I just realized that I had built a lobby and didn't know it. Lol, I keep forgetting that "Foyer" is another way of saying lobby.
    Post edited by celdys0n on
  • DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    celdys0n wrote: »
    Edit: Nevermind, I just realized that I had built a lobby and didn't know it. Lol, I keep forgetting that "Foyer" is another way of saying lobby.

I always find it funny how many words are used for the same thing. It can get a bit confusing...
  • MaryKupMaryKup Posts: 119 Member
    So what do you have to do to get selected for a category?
  • Kulthero777Kulthero777 Posts: 1,027 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Kulthero777
    ORIGIN ID: Kulthero777
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (Sim) http://youtu.be/cDUVARWm000
    LOT: Penthouse C
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (Lot) http://youtu.be/9rBVwEFp3bM
    ENTRY DETAILS: Modern style Penthouse. Features a master suite with attached 5 piece bathroom & walk-in closet, guest bedroom with small closet for storage & 3 piece bathroom, lounge/lobby with fireplace, study, combination living/media & kitchen great room with vaulted ceiling, dining room, gym/hobby room, outdoor entertaining area (balcony) with bar, bbq, fountain "hot tub" and small garden plot with access to the rooftop patio. (#buildnshare #buildnshare2)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC or Mods used. Slideshow created with Windows Movie Maker, contains music from The Sims 4 soundtrack.
  • countrykris1playcountrykris1play Posts: 155 Member
    @Kulthero777
    Very nice build and video. :D But I started getting dizzy watching it. To much of the effects. That's just my opinion though.
  • Kulthero777Kulthero777 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Thank you. Sorry for the crazy animations, I will tone it down next time :blush:
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    MaryKup wrote: »
    So what do you have to do to get selected for a category?
    @MaryKup - the categories are as Kathy said, preliminary, it's very difficult to decide where everyone should be based on just one challenge, so they will be very fluid to begin with. Just pick a category you think you fit in and jump in :)

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited September 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and past into your entry post)
    FORUM ID: celdys0n
    ORIGIN ID: celdyson
    LOT: SHD Douglas Curtis III Lot
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://www.slideshare.net/celdyson/buildnshare-challenge-2-douglas-curtis-iii
    ENTRY DETAILS: Imagine if you will that the entrance is the bottom of a tall V shaped building and after stepping into a luxurious reception area with touches of warm colors and the ride in the soft carpted paneled elevator, you come into the Foyer of a tastefully classy penthouse. With the soft warm touches of the south meeting with the worldly life of the client, this penthouse is the resting place of an adventurer who simply wants to see their treasure and remember adventures but glad to take a break from it all and entertain parties where they can recall their adventures.
    Built on the Upper Class 30x40 lot, the final cost is S$130,617. (It doesn't state that in the gallery because I had originally built on Lower Class 30x40). Balcony part of the challenge came out to be S$8,990.
    For the Sim Challenge, I made Douglas with the adventurer in mind. To me, an adventurer does not have time to stay groomed and is constantly getting dirty from exploring the world. Douglas has rugged good looks with the cowboy hat just adding to the effect. His traits are romantic, athletic and outgoing with manor baron as his goal.
    Altogether, I am very happy with how my work came out.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    Post edited by celdys0n on
  • onikisuonikisu Posts: 12 New Member
    Official Entry
    Challenge #2
    Forum ID: onikisu
    Origin ID: onikisu
    Sim: Douglas Curtis III
    Lot: Anne Apt. 265
    Link to slide show: imgur.com/a/akPcZ#0
    Entry Details: Here is your house Mr. Curtis III. As you can see, we found and abandoned building and so we renovated it for your liking. You enter the foyer and go into the gallery themed living room. There you see two hallways, one leads to the petite study and guest room, and the other leads to the kitchen and the second living room, which is petite as well. Fun Fact: we decided to turn the elevators to rooms and the bathroom is connected to the kitchen and the guest room. Once upstairs you see the main bedroom with a study to go with and on the other side there is a balcony filled with entertainment and an open bar. Before I forget, the outdoors looks like it's for the nouveau riche for the appealers eye.
    No CC's were used.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited September 2014
    I'm STILL a new member, so I can't post pics or links, but here it goes...had lots of fun with this! :)

Official Entry

Challenge #2

Forum ID: pammiechick
    Origin ID: pammiechick
    Sim: Douglas Curtis III
    Lot: Curtis Penthouse
    Link to slide show: s259.photobucket.com/user/pamcalvert/slideshow/Buildnshare2?sort=2
    Cost: $149,975

Entry Details: Main foyer, entertainment area with piano, formal seating, family room, kitchen, guest bedroom and bath, master suite and bath, outdoor patio with bar. Rustic modern touches for the adventurer Curtis is. See if you can spy what happens to one of his lovelies when he's entertaining--she wasn't pleased. ;)

No CC's were used.
    Used SHIFT + ] to enlarge cactus plants around formal fireplace.
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    @pammiechick Your Douglas was definitely entertaining lots of pretty ladies. And I hope that one woman didn't burn his new apartment. lol
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    LOL! @Carewren123 Luckily, the other ladies were prepared. Notice he just stood there doing nothing but gasping. Ha! ;) He probably didn't want to singe his coiffe!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • CreepsaCreepsa Posts: 30 Member
    edited September 2014
    Here goes nothing!

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Creepsa
    ORIGIN ID: Creepsa
    SIM: -
    LOT: Juliennan Penthouse
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/g7LNo#0
    ENTRY DETAILS: This penthouse for Douglas Curtis has got a kitchen, living room and a dining room all in one! Very open layout, 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, a wardrobe, an office, a lobby and a balcony for guests. The style of this house is kind of modern, not all the way there. A perfect chance for Douglas to relax in a neutral environment between his trips and throw a few parties with plenty of space and everything what's needed to entertain the guests. The final cost was 146 373 simoleons :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None was used.
    Post edited by Creepsa on
    @Creepsa - That is one stunningly gorgeous build! WOW! I love your exteriors, and everything about it. Awesome job!
  • superwholockiansuperwholockian Posts: 11 New Member
    edited September 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: superwholockian
    ORIGIN ID: madfinn2012

SIM: Douglas Curtis (Mansion Baron. Romantic, Snob, & Materialistic)
    s1293.photobucket.com/user/madfinn2012/media/The%20Curtis%20Penthouse/Douglas%20Curtis/0d18fb24-7d66-4a35-ae86-09a6f9011dc6_zps32544dc8.png.html

LOT: The Curtis Penthouse ($131,616)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: s1293.photobucket.com/user/madfinn2012/media/The%20Curtis%20Penthouse/Intro_zps7d6cb5d5.png.html?sort=6&o=0

ENTRY DETAILS: Filled with decor from Mr. Curtis' various traveling exploits, this is a luxury penthouse any mansion baron would be pleased to call home. Features a mix of modern styles--in the hall, open living/dining area, master bed and bath, and the balcony--and traditional touches--in the home office, guest bed and bath, formal dining room, and sun room. Two bedroom, two-and-a-half bath.
    (I've never entered a building contest before, and rarely built in TS2 or TS3, but I really love these new build features, so I decided to give it a shot. I'm unsure whether we're supposed to choose a category to enter, but I definitely consider myself a beginner. Hope there aren't too many photos in the slideshow, I just wanted to give it the effect of a walk-through.)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Not really CC, but the home office does include the confidence-boosting plum bob light received as a bonus for registering TS3 World Adventures.

(Edited to include sim's traits and slideshow.)
    Post edited by superwholockian on
    edited September 2014
    A reminder to all entries, including those who posted entries already. Please state cost of build and include a floor plan view of the house in your slideshow. If you are doing the challenges, please include the cost of balcony and/or sim traits.

Otherwise, fellow simmers, all of the builds are beautiful! I am so happy to be taking part in this challenge because of y'all! And the Douglas' out there are simply scrumptious.

I would join the BnS team if I could but I don't have much time to spare. At this time, being a contestant is all I can do.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top