Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hegeler Carus Mansion

09-22-14_5-53nbspPM_zps3d0d7663.png
Nearing completion of this build inspired by the Hegeler Carus Mansion,Illinois. Working on the interiors, then the gardens.

Comments

• david0736david0736 Posts: 59 Member
    09-22-14_5-53nbspPM-2_zps41ce7b75.png
    A front evening view
    09-22-14_5-51nbspPM_zpsbb6ae9f3.png
    Showing the canopy from the right hand side
  • PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    That looks amazing :) More, more! :D
    09-22-14_8-08nbspPM_zps19e7eec6.png
    09-22-14_8-10nbspPM_zps77f51bec.png
    09-22-14_8-13nbspPM_zpsb61e4c28.png
    09-22-14_8-14nbspPM_zps85f105f9.png
    The Kitchen has been completely remodled, where the rest of the house represents its High Victorian roots
  • KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
    Wow! That's absolutely mind-blowing work there. Beautiful!

Are the kitchen wall textures CC or base game? I don't remember seeing them in the game, but that may only mean I have to look harder. ;)
    Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

KaylyRed wrote: »
    Wow! That's absolutely mind-blowing work there. Beautiful!

Are the kitchen wall textures CC or base game? I don't remember seeing them in the game, but that may only mean I have to look harder. ;)

They are all base game, I really love how they work together, I think they have an old world charm mixed with the modern units for a classy look. thanks for your kind comments!!!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Your Mansion is very nice! :) Very nice exterior of it! It looks very nice how you have done the roofing! The wraparound porches and how you have done the staircases looks great! Very nice design and furnishing of the kitchen! The curved island kitchen counter is very nice! The plant, egg basket and fruit bowl on the counters are nice touches in the room. Very nice patterns that you have used for the walls! It looks great how you have used the patterns on the walls.It looks very nice how you have placed the bird either side of the window. Sims will enjoy seeing the pictures whilst cooking meals. Great eating nook area.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • SunnyKegSunnyKeg Posts: 98 Member
    I also love the patterns in the kitchen! Very nice.
    Origin ID: SunnyKeg
  • 22calprincess22calprincess Posts: 103 Member
    Love it!
  • kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    This is one extraordinary build! Amazing. I love the kitchen design. The textures you choose are perfect together and the whole layout is amazing. I like how you did the area around the tall cupboards. With the decorative window with the small narrow shelving. Very sharp looking!

kim :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    stunning, love it
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Beautiful house! The roof and the deck areas looks amazing! Love that kitchen too. :D
  • PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    Really great work. That kitchen looks spectacular! :)
    Manssom wrote: »
    Really great work. That kitchen looks spectacular! :)

Thanks! more photos to follow :D

rosemow wrote: »
    Your Mansion is very nice! :) Very nice exterior of it! It looks very nice how you have done the roofing! The wraparound porches and how you have done the staircases looks great! Very nice design and furnishing of the kitchen! The curved island kitchen counter is very nice! The plant, egg basket and fruit bowl on the counters are nice touches in the room. Very nice patterns that you have used for the walls! It looks great how you have used the patterns on the walls.It looks very nice how you have placed the bird either side of the window. Sims will enjoy seeing the pictures whilst cooking meals. Great eating nook area.
    It is a very nice home! :)

Thanks again for your comments rose!

09-23-14_8-57nbspPM_zpsd51a5465.png
    Master Suite
    09-23-14_9-15nbspPM_zps630c59ad.png
    09-23-14_9-22nbspPM_zps163e25ff.png
    09-23-14_9-23nbspPM_zps9f78b2a8.png
    The Blue Belle Bedroom with sun lounge
  • cornishovencornishoven Posts: 163 Member
    It's beautiful. Good work :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    The bedrooms are very nice! :) Very nice colours that you have used in the rooms! The blue colour scheme in the Blue Belle bedroom is very elegant and nice! It looks very nice how you have done the curtains in the rooms! Very nice sitting areas! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the armchairs having a chat or a read of a book. The flowers on the table are nice for sims to enjoy seeing when sitting there. Very nice wall pattern that you have used. It looks very nice how you have placed the birds either side of the beds. The rooms look very nice! :)
  • jje10001jje10001 Posts: 87 Member
    Looks great! Love the roofline.
    rosemow wrote: »
    The bedrooms are very nice! :) Very nice colours that you have used in the rooms! The blue colour scheme in the Blue Belle bedroom is very elegant and nice! It looks very nice how you have done the curtains in the rooms! Very nice sitting areas! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the armchairs having a chat or a read of a book. The flowers on the table are nice for sims to enjoy seeing when sitting there. Very nice wall pattern that you have used. It looks very nice how you have placed the birds either side of the beds. The rooms look very nice! :)

thank you for your kind comments x

• lovelylyssia095lovelylyssia095 Posts: 381 Member
    Absolutely beautiful home!!!
    23692626361_214389dd31_c.jpg
    Link to Showcase

Link to Gallery
    Origin id: avnewton
  • SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    Please tell me it's on the gallery! Or that it will be up there soon!
    edited September 2014
    Please tell me it's on the gallery! Or that it will be up there soon!
    It will be soon!! i have a couple more rooms to furnish, then the garden to landscape :D I am Tigger2880 on the gallery, thank you for your comment!

• tdewdtdewd Posts: 927 Member
    Wow, that is one magnificent WIP! If it's already this good I definitely can't wait for the finished product. I love the roofing and the multilevelled porch. Also can I just say thank goodness Sims don't have to maintain the woodwork on their home. Goodness knows how much work it entails in real life!
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    @david0736 - That kitchen is something else!
    5sXtTqH.png