Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Aurora Legacy

Comments

• anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    oh nice chapther

yea it is crazy when sims born look so much like people we know
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • simbody872simbody872 Posts: 828 Member
    Yay for a new chapter! Wow Brycen is still with you. It's great, but bitter sweet since you know eventually the end comes for all sims :(
    A Legacy Challenge. The Benton Legacy
    A Prettacy Challenge It Ain't Easy Being Green
  • SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    simbody872 wrote: »
    Yay for a new chapter! Wow Brycen is still with you. It's great, but bitter sweet since you know eventually the end comes for all sims :(

I know, all sims must die - but Brycen still wont...I'll see if this sim week is it for him, I just want to know when before I post the next update...

d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • TarrasqueTarrasque Posts: 11 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Its getting to the end of my first generation too. So hard to keep going :( Loving this family, keep it going!
    RIP Brycen, he was 145 or 146 days old (kind of lost count somewhere there) and went with a little help form me - the only way to go. Death by wohoo...
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    18. Life with Mika

"Oh, my friends? Other than a strange kind of birth control, we only keep them around to do the things I we don't want to..."
    - Cia Aurora (cited from The 3rd Immortal)

Mika was a pleasure to be around. She was always ready to give a hand, especially when it came to digging after fossils and such. (I must admit I did not reveal the possibility of hulk-like proportions before suggesting it).

161w9a33a9710dbfg.jpg

Soon she had other things to worry about...

90zg9a9ryrzbaenfg.jpg

Watcher: Lay of the juice! Pregnant sims shouldn't drink, not to mention wear corsets that will squeeze the baby. I think we need to have a talk...

v82bt67q41jqxd0fg.jpg

After Mika and the Watcher had a little chat she went over and told Brycen the good news. He was going to be a grandpa! Such joy, and Brycen has told me he won't leave this world until he's held the little one in his arms.

bjw1en8dshpt3bpfg.jpg

After a few pointed remarks from his parents Lucas took Mika out to Oasis Springs and the art museum to have some private time.

tgm3zzbg65dhdg4fg.jpg

The had a gold date and really enjoyed time away from the busy house where there was always a brother, sister or parent interrupting.

l9xsl81zlfxtf1ffg.jpg

To top off an already great day they decided to elope and promise each other to cherish one another forever.

rogt23mfifzthwqfg.jpg

The only witness was the Watcher who threw the confetti.

pwfwdcx76xha7jwfg.jpg

Britta and Melker really like the newish sofa we pulled out of the family inventory to fill up room in our latest home extension....

7zb304ge2gedg9nfg.jpg

...the only problem is they are kind of creeping Mika and Lucas out. Come on you guys! The baby won't come as long as you're looking.

eemj2kn3k2e78kefg.jpg

The new addition can't come soon enough for Brycen and me. I need a child or grandchild to complete a career, I'm hoping it will be done before this one is old enough to participate, but a backup plan is never wrong.

hwjlgclk0s54jjffg.jpg

Melker has grown into his face as he became a YA, he is also pretty happy with life right now because he's decided to join the painter career and compete with Lucas about who will reach the top first!

b7tokvsogr99m6kfg.jpg

He's also taken an active interest in getting closer to his father, since he and Brycen were the two who had the least in common while he was growing up. I think his snob trait is loosening up!

up535w4w3enjvvffg.jpg

During the 3rd trimester Brycen starts the nesting behaviors and eagerly awaits the nooboo.

dqqbkmmknggynknfg.jpg

Mika does what all expectant mothers do and takes a final nap before the onslaught.

90nfikt75ylfb8sfg.jpg

And Melker has started a close symbiotic relationship with his fork...

3xjuz7he0bpakgwfg.jpg
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • RoseAzulRoseAzul Posts: 497 Member
    lol awesome update as usual! And wow, death by woohoo, never had that one.
    Shhh!

RoseAzul wrote: »
    lol awesome update as usual! And wow, death by woohoo, never had that one.

It was the only way I could make myself do it because - what a way to go!
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • RoaneRoane Posts: 204 Member
    Wow, that Brycen lived a super long time! I agree -- best way to push him out was by woohoo.
    The Geek Shall Inherit: The Merrigan Family Legacy Challenge -- Visit us on Tumblr.
    Origin ID: Tairgire
    Seriously, I can't think of a better way to go either, here I thought dying of hysterical laughter was the best way. I didn't know death by woohoo was an option lol.
    Shhh!

Seriously, I can't think of a better way to go either, here I thought dying of hysterical laughter was the best way. I didn't know death by woohoo was an option lol.

Well, I think laughter sounds nice too - but wohoo was easier :)
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    19. The next generation

"Nothing like a new birth to make you think of your mortality, or in our case, our immortality."
    - Klara Aurora (cited from The 1st Immortal)

Nothing quite beats the anticipation of a new birth. Lucas first child, and Brycen's and my first grand child is the first step towards a next generation. If Britta should fail, this could potentially be the next heir (if it's a girl). The night of the arrival was an upbeat affair - at least for those of us who weren't in labor.

evb7vexy7lz8d0ffg.jpg

It was a girl! She is a beauty and she shares her mothers skin color. Her name is to be Yvonne.

0fo43bhshh2shfgfg.jpg

Brycen was the second person to hold her (Lucas was at work), and Yvonne's face lit up when she saw her grandpa.

t4kfngyj5841ci3fg.jpg

Despite his snob trait Melker is a devoted uncle. He is already talking about wanting his own children some day - once he's completed his aspiration and reached his career goals of course. May I live to see the day when a woman makes him swoon.

4aaovcee40hye9ffg.jpg

Since Willow Grove has such great day care services, we celebrated the birth by all going on an outing. The Watcher had finally figured out how to visit other lots than the community ones, so we wen't over to the Landgraab house in Oasis Springs.

Melker had made a passing acquaintance with a fellow by the name of Malcolm a couple days earlier, so we grabbed the flimsiest of excuses to see something other than our house for a change.

b70s84kuy8xe1myfg.jpg

Britta worked on her aspiration goal of introducing herself to sims. She already had the 5 friends needed to for the first step of the aspiration, so meeting 10 unknown sims was on the agenda.

ng66ndmrtqnqfvffg.jpg

Once all the amazing new sights of the Landgraab mansion had lost it's trill, we went to the park instead. Mika was rudely accosted by a man who wanted to steal her food. But pregnancy had sharpened her instincts, and she was fast like a viper when it came to that burger.

208mdw3ab303wppfg.jpg

When we came back from the park Britta brought Halberd home with her, and Melker...he found someone with a hat that struck his fancy. Her name is Jasmine Richardson, and she was only a teen. But Melker would not let that stop him, not now when he had found a woman as tastefully garmented as Jasmine!

9i32t32brj1pvf2fg.jpg

Brycen spoils our kids, and I do think baking a cake and aging Jasmine up might have been going a tad too far. But like Brycen said "look at Melker's face!" Happiness like that should never be ignored, at least not when it can be bought with cake.

ypd92b2jbw36cfxfg.jpg

But we haven't celebrated enough birthdays yet. Yvonne is now a child! She has her mothers eyes and skin tone, but her face is so like her fathers when he was little, and her hair is like my own! She loves the outdoors like both her parents and want's to become an Artistic Prodigy.

2oq3zamlcvykmirfg.jpg

Like all children she knows Brycen is the easiest to wrap around her finger.

ahg7hcq1mvw7kn5fg.jpg

Yvonne might have been inspired by her fathers skill on the guitar when she choose to learn the violin, but she has definitely not inherited his innate skill with strings. She now practices in her own room (but only when Britta is at work because they share a room and her screeching gets on Britta's last nerve).

n1b7lgztj2p7y7jfg.jpg

The sounds from Yvonne's violin are actually so bad that both Brycen and Mika hide in my study whenever she takes it out - so they don't have to answer her question "does it sound better now?".

d6xnnttky2nmjx5fg.jpg

This is what we have amassed so far in collectibles, not a very impressive collection, but then again, we have mostly just collected around the house, only digging up the odd lot when someone was bored at the park or such. Nevertheless, when a collector is born, he or she will have something to start with.

I have asked Britta to take over the story telling from now on, I'm sure she'll be thrilled to be able to chat with you all and I think it will give me and Brycen some well earned quality time together. I hope you will support my daughter in her journey.
    -Emelie Aurora

c60fx21is2ctx7ufg.jpg
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    Busy family! Great update, and i love the collection you have going! Way better than mine.
    Shhh!

Busy family! Great update, and i love the collection you have going! Way better than mine.

I think it's a very good thing to have 2 sims with high incomes early in the legacy. It means I don't have to sell my collectibles but can hoard them instead :)

I have missed my sims, I just haven't had a lot of time to play last week and I was away over the weekend. I hope to have more simming time this weekend :) Soon a lot of fun things are about to happen, so I want to binge.

d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Yay! Glad to see that you've updated too :) that is a heavy collection. I only keep the MySims because I've played it :)
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
  • renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    Nice update and collection! I was wondering: do you keep the collectibles in their inventories or do you plan to build a special place for them?
  • tyenetyene Posts: 65 Member
    Great update! I want to see more wedding and children!
    renzilla wrote: »
    Nice update and collection! I was wondering: do you keep the collectibles in their inventories or do you plan to build a special place for them?

I'm planning to display them, I haven't quite decided how to build the new house (a manor since Melker insists) but it will have room for all the collectibles one way or another.
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    tyene wrote: »
    Great update! I want to see more wedding and children!

Me too! Maybe this time I can actually make it a fancy wedding :)
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    Soooo, Melker had the Mansion Baron aspiration and I thought we should get that out of the way...seems I went a little overboard....

The inside is actually rather barren, but I still pray to the sim gods that the bills wont kill us!

At least it's looking like a mansion.
    ndckx6ey7zupta0fg.jpg

1st floor, I have plans for 4 emotion rooms (inspiring, energized, focused and playful) as well as a kids room, an extra room and a large entertaining area.
    axqdrjs1grpg6ocfg.jpg

4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, I think this will do. Also have some room indoors to house my collection now.
    qa7ub606yqk1ba8fg.jpg
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    Woooow. I thought that Gieke Gables was big . . . O_O Nice job tho. :)
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    Woooow. I thought that Gieke Gables was big . . . O_O Nice job tho. :)

Yes, it's very big...but still lacking in all those collumns and not up there with the §350,000 price tag just yet (or for a while). I will play with our old furniture for a while to see what the bills land at before adding more items...
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    Yah, Trev actually took the Mansion Baron Aspiration after he completed his music one. It immediately put him on the final milestone, lol. I bought (and then resold) the columns, now all I need is about 100k more house-worth. But their bills are also currently 11k+ soooo . . . yeah, lol.
  • RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    Lol, I think every Legacy I read, there's a picture of the founder passed out on the ground with their butt in the air. :) I'm just swinging by your thread to let you know I'm taking a stab at reading thru, you have a lot posted, so need time to catch up lol. Look forward to it :)
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    Yah, Trev actually took the Mansion Baron Aspiration after he completed his music one. It immediately put him on the final milestone, lol. I bought (and then resold) the columns, now all I need is about 100k more house-worth. But their bills are also currently 11k+ soooo . . . yeah, lol.

Gulp! 11k...why did Brycen die when he did? He was raking in about 6k a day in royalties alone...I guess Melker just have to start producing masterpieces and join the master of the real branch, so he'll have more time for painting and earning his keep.
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg