Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plz I want to make mod (Using Python)

DveDve Posts: 1 New Member
I want to make some mods but

I don't know HOW TO HANDLE THIS!!

So please show me the tutorial links

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    EruonenEruonen Posts: 13 New Member
    There aren't many Sims 4 modding tutorials at this time, but Codecademy's Python course is a pretty nice way to familiarize yourself with the language. I can't post links for whatever reason, but this should do: codecademy.com/en/tracks/python
  • Options
    HenekHenek Posts: 36 Member
    The best way to learn is to look and pick apart other mods. Look through for instance mod the sims and download any scripting mods there. Then you can look at what files there are and look what they are doing. Some only have a little code in them, start with them and try to figure out what part actually does what the mod does. Then you can look at how the other code is connected to that. You might also want to test out changing something that you think would work and see if it actually had the effect you wanted. Exploration and curiosity is the key for anyone wanting to mod.
  • Options
    jtravers88jtravers88 Posts: 591 Member
    I suggest doing what both Eruonen and Henek say. Learn a little about Python first, particularly if you don't have any programming experience. Then look at some existing mods to see how Sims 4 uses Python and how other modders accomplish tasks.