Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just finished building my very first house ever! But it's too big...

poindextresspoindextress Posts: 34 Member
edited September 2014 in The Sims 4 Lots
I've been playing the Sims since it's first installment, but never bothered to build my own house. I finally finished my first one today!! :) I know it's not as stunning and magical as most homes you awesome guys create, but I'm very proud of my first try~

But, I think I went a bit overboard. I like small, cozy homes. I got overzealous and made a mini mansion! Oh, well. It's cute and it was fun to make. (:

Do you like small homes, or big fanciful ones? My girlfriend prefers bigger homes, so maybe I will send this one to her for use in her game so it doesn't go to waste. Hehe.

1_zpsefa23754.png
9_zpsefaa5138.png
5_zpsb727cb9f.png
2_zps81891fd3.png
3_zpsde6fe80e.png
4_zps4f183727.png
8_zpse04f39b5.png
6_zps1c33cc21.png
7_zps8872e0bc.png
10_zps90bd7811.png

Comments

• RimbaudvogessiRimbaudvogessi Posts: 113 Member
    edited September 2014
    I love it! It has a certain Old-world/colonial feel to it, which I like. Then you have the touches which makes it feel as if it has been lived in by many families over the years.

Good job, especially on your first build!
  • poindextresspoindextress Posts: 34 Member
    I love it! It has a certain Old-world/colonial feel to it, which I like. Then you have the touches which makes it feel as if it has been lived in by many families over the years.

Good job, especially on your first build!

Thank you. You're too kind! (:
  • VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    I think you did a great job :) I too have a hard time building large homes as I personally prefer tiny living/small homes irl. You decorated the interior very well so I'm sure your gf will enjoy it for her sims.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Your home is very nice! :) Very nice exterior of it! The balconies look great! Nice texture that you have used for the exterior. It looks nice how you have done the windows, The flower box windows look nice. Very nice back porch and backyard area. The water fountain feature there looks nice. Sims will enjoy sitting at the umbrella covered tables there enjoying being in the sunshine. Child sims will have fun playing on the monkey bars. The flowers look very pretty on the side of the porch. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The clothes shelf and the shoes racks either side of the front door look homely. The pictures on the wall near the staircase are very nice for sims to see when going up and down the stairs. Very nice living room! Nice pattern that you have used for the walls there. It looks nice how you have placed the seating. Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing on the comfortable armchairs and sofa there, reading a book from the bookcase or having a chat in front of the fireplace. Nice window armchair sitting area. The patterned floor rug looks nice there. Very nice dining room! The floral wall pattern look very pretty. The plates decor on the wall and the teaset on the dining table are nice touches in the room. Nice type of dining seats that you used. It looks great how you have angled the cabinets in the corners of the room. Very nice design of and furnishing of the kitchen! The island bar stool counter is great! The fruit bowl on the counter is a nice kitchen touch and the fruit themed pictures on the wall look nice for sims to see when preparing meals. Very nice bedrooms! The musician pictures on the wall of the single bedroom looks very nice there.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • asphyxiateddollasphyxiateddoll Posts: 139 Member
    edited September 2014
    Really cute house, I especially love the fountain and the kitchen is amazing. I personally prefer playing the sims in smaller to medium sized homes.
    Digital Dollhouse Designs Lot Showcase
    Origin ID: asphyxiateddoll
  • TheMatteo0TheMatteo0 Posts: 509 Member
    I think it looks like a very nice home, and a fitting size, I personally think that a good variety in size and shape is always good :) I love the great exterior design with the classical and mediterranean elements to it, and the interior is also beautifully detailed and luxuriously designed, it looks great!
    You're all so nice. Thank you for looking and for the lovely words! *blush* :')
  • enaidrenaidr Posts: 3 New Member
    Wow I really like this house! Especially the brown tones and the mega kitchen :)
    I usually move my sims into houses that are way too big but I can't seem to resist the look of a nice large home. Is this available in the gallery?
  • AmbsSimAmbsSim Posts: 118 Member
    I think this is amazing for being your first build, and I like the old fashioned design of it! I usually play single sims, so small and cozy homes are typically enough for me, however when there are a lot of fun objects you want to buy for your sim, a larger home certainly comes in handy.
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    Wow! It's huge for a first build. Love your choices in the kitchen area.
    5sXtTqH.png
    Yay! She loves the new house, so success! Ty all!
  • 22calprincess22calprincess Posts: 103 Member
    Go to waste? If you put this on the gallery I can assure you it will not! I would love this in my library. It's beautiful! I especially love the fencing you've used. It adds such a great depth.
  • zOmBiEcLoWnzOmBiEcLoWn Posts: 48 Member
    Amazing house. I always create small, efficient homes, but yours is inspiring me to kick it up a notch.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited October 2014
    I really like this house! It reminds me of the old days.Looks like a great home to entertain in as well!
    I hope you put it on the gallery! I would love to download it.
  • SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    This house looks awesome. It looks realistic and lived in. I too prefer small houses for playing but many people prefer the larger houses.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • zOmBiEcLoWnzOmBiEcLoWn Posts: 48 Member
    If you don't have it in the gallery, I might just have to recreate it from your screens. :) Seriously, that's the best-looking house I've seen in a while.