Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Creations by hmsdrco2001 (The Future of The Sims, page 3)

hmsdrco2001hmsdrco2001 Posts: 818 Member
edited March 2015 in The Sims 4 Lots
Hi everyone! My name is Bill, and I'm stuck with the "hmsdrco2001" from the days of Sims 3 old when I just wanted to be anonymous and never envisioned being a part of the Sims community. I was inspired to build, create, and share by so many in the community, and I am continuously learning from and encouraged by wonderful creators here. I've made some really good friends along the way, too. In the Gallery, you can find me by my ID, hmsdrco2001. I'm also on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/bill.sim.54 and have a blog billsimnyc.blogspot.com.

Ashford Hall (page 1)
Ashford1_zps4c35adbb.png

Sedona Pass (page 1)
Sedona1_zps5f97b91d.png

Coatney House (page 1)
Coatney1_zps9fe8bbea.png

Chapel Hill Manor (page 3)
ChapelHill1_zps91d944b2.png
Post edited by hmsdrco2001 on

Comments

• hmsdrco2001hmsdrco2001 Posts: 818 Member
    edited September 2014
    Ashford Hall

This summer, I had the wonderful, life-changing privilege to attend Creators Camp at the EA Studios just outside San Francisco. It was amazing to play The Sims 4 for the first time and spend time with friends in this community--people like Ruthless_KK and Sara De Moor. It was also fantastic to be able to get to know members of The Sims 4 team and see firsthand their incredible enthusiasm translated into the game and this community. I will treasure those memories for a lifetime.

At Creators Camp, I built my first house in The Sims 4. At first, I named it Hemlock Grove, but then I realized that was a TV show. So my OCD kicked in, and I renamed it Ashford Hall. It's in my Gallery along with a number of rooms from the house that still hold the original Hemlock Grove name. Here are some pictures.

Ashford1_zps4c35adbb.png

Ashford2_zpse139afd2.png

Ashford3_zps52e99ef1.png

Ashford4_zps2aba3341.png

Ashford5_zpsc84de1c3.png

Ashford6_zpsf88999ef.png

Ashford7_zpsae3e0598.png

Ashford8_zps90c6712d.png

Ashford9_zps58c2cc89.png

Ashford11_zpsa4c6d8c6.png

Ashford12_zpsf5e79c73.png

Ashford13_zpsa9172059.png

Ashford14_zpsec4bef26.png

Ashford15_zpsfd994e26.png

Ashford16_zps21cb828c.png

Ashford17_zps8d9ae164.png

Ashford18_zps88c910f5.png

Ashford19_zpsf43ef914.png

Ashford20_zpsc9a3afc2.png

Ashford21_zps9bf36d62.png

Ashford22_zpscaf3e66c.png

Ashford23_zps8e5764ae.png

Ashford24_zps2ffb4a26.png

Ashford25_zpsfd20ba36.png

Ashford26_zps33b2a130.png

Sedona Pass

My second build is a large Mediterranean style villa built for Oasis Springs in The Sims 4. It features seven bedrooms, five bathrooms, courtyard, patio, ballroom, art studio, play room, gym, and LOTS of seating. I've uploaded the lot itself and several of the rooms if you prefer just a particular room. No custom content. #hmsdrco2001 #sedonapass

Sedona1_zps5f97b91d.png

Sedona2_zps41b8e051.png

Sedona3_zpsc52cf8c4.png

Sedona4_zpsfcf33810.png

Sedona5_zps2881ac54.png

Sedona6_zps00c310f2.png

Sedona7_zps0b68cc73.png

Sedona8_zpsaa4fe92b.png

Sedona9_zpsd0e2e75b.png

Sedona10_zpsee0a7dd3.png

Sedona11_zps2d1eb7d2.png

Sedona12_zps9ee8f538.png

Sedona13_zpsc127fa5d.png

Sedona14_zps4029f17f.png

Sedona15_zps95bc0b83.png

Sedona16_zpsc72191e8.png

Sedona17_zps9e58e405.png

Sedona18_zpsb605d032.png

Sedona19_zps2db3ab77.png

Sedona20_zpsfed0c8ee.png

Sedona21_zps958133b6.png

Sedona22_zps87793254.png

Sedona23_zps2501afa8.png

Sedona24_zps68f3cc19.png

Sedona25_zpsdc0ef562.png

Sedona26_zps7bd48403.png

Sedona27_zps443892e9.png

Sedona28_zps08dd9fe1.png

Sedona29_zpsd38536ce.png

Sedona30_zps50150e2c.png

Sedona31_zps46519098.png

Sedona32_zps1572c4e0.png

Sedona33_zps5e210396.png

Sedona34_zps39c62626.png

Sedona35_zpsbf011d50.png

Sedona36_zps286b2168.png
    Post edited by hmsdrco2001 on
  • pruxoidpruxoid Posts: 1 New Member
    These are AMAZING builds! The craftsmanship that went into the design of these two lots is astounding. I've never seen anything like it before. Thank you so much for sharing and I can't wait to see what you cook up next!
  • BlackRoseBronwenBlackRoseBronwen Posts: 471 Member
    Wow, amazing job. I really love the fact you have an inner courtyard for the Mediterranean, not that that is the only thing to admire of course.
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Hi Bill! :D You are such an inspiration! Each time I see your builds I feel like building more and more! :D Both your builds are fabulous but my favourite has to be the mediterrenean home! Love the interiors of both homes. Such perfect combination of colours and patterns. Already added to my favourites. <3
  • SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    Bill!

Sedona Pass is awesome!

And your Sim Maddox - I can have him right? :D
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Both Ashford Hall and Sedona Pass are so very, very nice! :) They are so very detailed and very nice! The exterior designs of them are so very great, and the interiors of them are very beautifully furnished! The outdoors areas of both homes are so very nice! The hedge fencing maze, flowers and water fountain area in the first home is very lovely! Sims will enjoy spending time both inside and outdoors at their home! Every room and area in both homes looks so nice! It looks very nice the wall patterns and textures that you have used in the rooms. Very nice colours of the rooms and the colour of the furnishings that look great. The type of and way you have placed the furnishings in each of the rooms looks so nice! You have used furnishings that look very nice together and make each room look so very special. Very nice design of and furnishing of the kitchens! The way you have placed the windows going up the wall next to the staircase in the second home looks very nice. The types of and way you have placed pictures on the walls of the rooms, which suit the type of the rooms and are also very nice for sims to see when in the rooms, looks very nice! There are so many great details and features in your homes! Sims will enjoy very much living in them! :)
    pruxoid: Thank you so much! I'm so flattered you checked out my lots and left such a nice comment.

BlackRoseBronwen: Thank you! I loved building that courtyard. I built the rest of the house around that. I appreciate the message!

yanti68: Yanti! Thank you so much! YOU are an inspiration to me. As a builder and as a friend and supporter to everyone here in the community. Big hugs.

SimGuruHydra: OK, I have to confess. My heart skipped a beat or two or forty when I saw you comment. My first Hydra comment! And I didn't even use purple. *fans self* Thank you so much for checking out Sedona Pass and Maddox, too! Of course you can have him. I've been using him to try and unlock all of the romance rewards. Already got the date one, but the wedding ones are a beast! LOL.

rosemow: You are always so, so kind with your super thoughtful and supportive comments. Not just to me, but to others here. I really appreciate that--the smiles you put on my face and on others' faces. Thank you!
    Coatney House is my new house built in The Sims 4. It's a modern cantilevered home suspended over water and lush gardens. There are three bedrooms, four bathrooms, and an open floor plan on the main floor. Other features include a gym, recreation room, art studio, and accommodations for kids. There is no custom content. You can find the lot under my Origin account, hmsdrco2001. Feedback is always welcome and very much appreciated. ‪#‎hmsdrco2001‬ ‪#‎coatneyhouse‬ #NoCC #modern

Coatney1_zps9fe8bbea.png

Coatney2_zpsdf61a7d6.png

Coatney3_zpsc9655535.png

Coatney4_zpsc6545ef2.png

Coatney5_zpsfedd9037.png

Coatney6_zps7e12f397.png

Coatney7_zpsdd27ccb1.png

Coatney8_zps27639efe.png

Coatney9_zps20c715ac.png

Coatney10_zps43996950.png

Coatney11_zpsc13c7bae.png

Coatney12_zps19ba0c6e.png

Coatney13_zpsbab28238.png

Coatney14_zps7e91b9db.png

Coatney15_zpse94f31fa.png

Coatney16_zpsf0e3cd6d.png

Coatney17_zps3dccfb26.png

Coatney18_zps8a1a4f6e.png

Coatney19_zps1c43af8b.png

Coatney20_zps600a50c5.png

Coatney21_zpscc13ae99.png

Coatney22_zps324509f4.png

Coatney23_zpsf954cb1f.png
  • SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    Your first comment from me? LOL but you had to put up with my verbal comments in person!
    Anyhoo - the suspended design of Coatney House - :D<3 (I need one of those wide-eyed emoji) and...it's not purple! Kidding kidding :D
  • vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    OMG ! Your homes are awesome. Your decorations are perfect. I'm still trying to get the hang of the new build mold in 4. I use to build a lot in Sims 3. In 4 I'm having a hard time with the decorations and colors. You did a fantastic job, keep the pictures coming. You inspire me.

Happy simming
  • Rc_shabbaRc_shabba Posts: 183 Member
    awesome work I really like it B)
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    You definitely have a knack for building!! Awesome work! Your Sedona Pass is definitely breath taking!!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • mysticdiva2mysticdiva2 Posts: 699 Member
    Nice to see You Bill.....Great Houses and I love the colors you used........
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Excellent work on your Coatney House! Love the exterior stone and the way you blended it in with the landscaping. The interiors are very well done too!
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • TheMatteo0TheMatteo0 Posts: 509 Member
    All your builds look great, they are very well designed and landscaped, and they all have unique styles, I particular love your Coatney House modern build, the exterior design is very sleek and looks great, and the interior is very modern and stylish with great attention to detail, I love it :)
  • tdewdtdewd Posts: 927 Member
    Well, well, well. If it isn't hmsdrco2001! Or Bill, for short. Y'know, I can't remember if I ever told you this, but every time I read your screen name I instinctively read it as "HMS Draco" as if it was a British naval ship. Where I get the missing 'a' from I have no idea, but nonetheless my eyes always do it.

Anyway, and I know I'm maybe a little bit late, but congrats on attending the Creator's Camp! That was one decision the head honchos definitely got right. And I see time wasn't wasted, because that is one fantastic home you built during your time there. With a name like Ashford Hall it evokes images of a large rectory, and God certainly had a hand in furnishing this, as I have rarely seen a house so sumptuous! I actually have your thread open in another window so I can browse through the photos as I type. There's so many of them and so much to see! :D I particularly like the maze in the garden. I remember once doing something similar with a house in TS1, though it was a spiral maze and you had to walk *all* the way around to reach the front door. My elderly witch Sim, Grandalf, set off a firework and it set alight to the maze, turning it quickly into the spiral maze of fiery death. A regrettable incident, indeed. Oh, and the poor maid. She spent days clearing all the ash.

Back onto the topic at hand, however, I love your new modern too. I really like it, both in real life and in The Sims, when people construct modern builds with old materials, just like the good old fashioned stone you've used on the exterior. The level of detail you've gone into the furnishings as well is extraordinary. Are you a secret interior designer-come-architect?! If not you should be.

Finally, onto Sedona Pass. Wow, wow, wow. My favourite. It's a stunning, almost palatial, home. How long did it take? It looks like it could have been years. xD The landscaping is incredible, the detail everywhere is stunning. You can imagine Kim standing on the balcony overlooking the courtyard, wearing a red sequined dress slit to the thigh. She's draped across the balustrade, a cigar the size of her forearm in one hand, a glass of chilled prune juice in the other. "Bill!" she bellows, flicking ash down onto the servants below, "fetch me Tom. I'll meet him in the boudoir..."
    Okay, so that image was more for your entertainment, but I was not kidding when I said the house is stunning. If the acronym 'DRF' still applied, I'd be using it now. :D
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Coatney House is very nice! :) Very nice exterior design of it! It looks very nice how the home is over the water! The texture of the exterior is very nice. It looks very nice how you have done the windows in the build! It looks such a nice light filled home where sims can enjoy the sunlight coming in and enjoy looking out at the outside views through the windows. It looks so very nice how you have done the water area under the house! The square gardens with the trees and plants areas in them there look so very nice! Nice outdoors area where sims can enjoy doing gardening using the gardening boxes. Nice covered over patio area for sims to enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating their meals at the table there, enjoying dining in the outdoors air. The outdoors areas are very nice! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! Very nice living and dining room area. The texture of the walls there looks very nice, and nice type of ceiling light that you have used there. It looks nice how you have placed the sofas there for sims to enjoy sitting resting watching tv or having a chat together. Sims will enjoy listening to the nice music being played from the grand piano whilst sitting there. It looks nice how you have placed the pictures either side of the tv for sims to enjoy seeing whilst sitting there.Very nice design of the kitchen! It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets! The green colour of the furnishings looks very nice wuth the texture of the walls. The curved bar stool counter is great! The fruit bowl on the counter and the hanging pots are nice kitchen touches. Great bar counter nook area for sims to enjoy sitting on the stool having a drink from the bar. Nice window study desk table area for sims to enjoy looking out at the views whilst sitting at the table using the computer there. Very nice master bedroom! The floor rug looks nice there. Nice window sitting area. The colours you have used for the bedroom look nice, calming and natural and suit the type of home. Sims will enjoy laying in bed reading a book from the bookcase there. Sims will enjoy playing the guitar. The large lamp beside the bed looks very nice that you placed it there. Nice tiling on the wall in the bathroom. It looks great that you used the triangular bath tub there. The sims will enjoy seeing the flowers that are beside the tub whilst bathing there. The walk in clothes and shoes closet is great! Very nice study and living room! Great corner study desk nook area for sims to enjoy sitting using the computer at. The mountains picture on the wall there is very nice and calming for sims to see whilst sitting there. Sims will have fun playing chess at the chess table there. Nice fireplace sitying area for sims to enjoy relaxing sitting in front of the fire. The green pattern on the walls in the room looks nice. Very nice furnishing of the other double bedroom. Sims will enjoy watching tv whilst laying in bed. The plants are a nice touch in the corner of the room, and the fireplsce is nice to keep the room warm. Very nice calm natural colour shades you have used for all the bedrooms. The hanging robes on the wall in the bathroom look great there. Very nice children's room! The big giraffe looks cute! The pattern on the wall looks nice. The hanging mobile is great for child sims to look up and see in their bedroom. Very nice art studio nook! Great art themed furnishings that you have used there! Sims will enjoy painting on the easel there. Sims will enjoy keeping fit by using the equipment in the gym area , and listening to music from the stereo at the same time.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • AlourraAlourra Posts: 492 Member
    I love your homes! I'm especially impressed by your use of colors and textures, each room looks very cohesive. :)
  • FischioFischio Posts: 319 Member
    Wow fantastic ground of build Bill :heart_eyes: I'm particularly in love with the courtyard of Sedona Pass and the kitchen layout in your latest. I had no idea there were lights that could be used for paintings like that. The item menus still make me a bit cross-eyed after staring at them for too long so I must have missed it TY!
  • TfbobTfbob Posts: 747 Member
    Wow, Bill! Your builds are spectacular. Everything from the architecture to the interior design is just so beautiful in every detail. :) TFbob
  • JudilandJudiland Posts: 2,332 Member
    Hi Bill! Your wonderful builds make me want to spend money I don't have. LOL I haven't got TS4 yet, hopefully one of my family will get the hint and I will get it for Christmas. But if I don't I'm sure by some time next year. Can't wait to see more from you, I am wondering if you will keep this thread, I will bookmark it for later reference. Love your stuff man, always have always will! Hugs, Judi.
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Three amazing builds Bill you are such a versatile builder, I love the detail in the decor and the different architectural styles all very inspiring.
    :) Folly
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Oh WOW! <3 Your latest build, the modern looks spectacular! Love the design and the water feature in the garden. Lovely interiors too! You have decorated every room perfectly! :D
  • JupiterGirlJupiterGirl Posts: 515 Member
    Hiya, Bill. Thank you for sharing your spectacular work! The amount of thought and detail that you put in to each lot is incredible. I had been debating buying Sims 4, and seeing Coatney House yesterday inspired me to buy the game last night.
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    Great builds, Bill! What I like most is that you went with three totally different styles and I really appreciate the attention to detail you put into every room by adding in the clutter that makes buildings like that home!
    5sXtTqH.png