Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• LavenderLavender Posts: 73 Member
    Yes, I lost it all when my game crashed. I feel so dumb for not saving along the way...
  • TwilaniteTwilanite Posts: 53 Member
    Lavender wrote: »
    Yes, I lost it all when my game crashed. I feel so dumb for not saving along the way...

:( I had that happen the other day with a sim house I was playing and building. Poof all gone. I now save every few mins or when I got I a room done. I notice it starts to freeze or lag before it crashes at least for me so good time to save if it starts to act that way. Mostly happens when origin updates in the background (for me anyways). Nobody is dumb we all make silly mistakes! You still have time to rebuild so hang in their! ~Twilanite
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    Haha @Lavender, I can't help but laugh at your comment! loved your mini scene of losing your work. Not fun in losing the work, but you made if fun for us!

Hope you can rebuild it easily :/
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • EEtheridgeEEtheridge Posts: 585 Member
    This looks like a great challenge, I think I'll participate.
    MyTS4Signature_zpsa6ba606a.jpg
    View my homes in the Gallery, Origin ID: EEtheridge
  • KraftySimKraftySim Posts: 277 Member
    @Lavender, sorry to read this - that is frustrating!! I enjoyed your story, though! Here's to hoping your rebuild is even better than your original!
  • KelSimmieKelSimmie Posts: 69 Member
    edited September 2014
    > @pammiechick said:
    >
    > That happened to me because I didn't save it to my library. It cleaned out the whole interior. I about cried because it was hours of work but the redo was actually better.

I've done that before, not saving, but then the rebuild actually turned out better!

I really wish we had more money to build with. This has certainly been a challenge. I've had to scale down the rooms to make it affordable. I have built and rebuilt and sized and resized a bunch of times! Oh, and I got rid of the microwave! I know we are used to seeing one, but, I needed to play test the build to make sure everything could be gotten to and that everything was working and he got uncomfortable after eating microwave food so I just tossed that microwave off the balcony... it made a nice crunching sound when it went through the windshield of the car below... Ooops!

Still need to paint/wallpaper/paint/whatever the walls and carpet/tile/whatever the floors. Then see if I have enough to put some art work around to spruce the place up a bit. I have some artwork up in some of the early rooms, but I kinda went functional on the last few rooms, being careful not to break Mr. Curtis's piggy bank! =)

Can't wait to see everyone's designs! I can't wait to show mine, there is an element in there that really rocks, at least I think it does! =)

Oh, and @Lavender I am so sorry you lost everything! I hope the rebuild is even more fantastic! It's still early in the game, so hopefully you will have time to get it re-done! Loved your little visual! It was really cute! =)
    SimtechiorDesignsSignature.jpg
    Simtechior Designs ~ Prim and Proper, Eclectic, Functional, or Lived-In Comfy... ~ Origin/TS4 Forum ID: KelSimmie
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    Ahhhh, I'm so confused. I just got caught up on this thread -- I saw challenge #2 when it was issued and I started planning how I would tackle it, but based on what I'm reading, I don't think I can do what I was planning now. So the build has to be one-story, even if the other stories are just the lobby and an empty (except for stairs) floor to add building height? I kind of doubt I would have been able to do a three story within the budget anyway, but I was going to try, lol.
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Yeah...I was planning on having an open lobby and fountains on the ground floor with the penthouse on the second until it was said it could only be one floor. Would have looked a little prettier! I'm focusing on interior at this point. :)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @pammiechick, I was thinking of something very similar. I guess I need to work on my powers of imagination, because I'm not sure I can imagine a one-story build as a penthouse! :D Hmm.
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • trashdockatrashdocka Posts: 142 Member
    edited September 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 2
    FORUM ID: Trashdocka
    ORIGIN ID: Sekyria
    SIM: - didnt do this extra challenge
    LOT: Can be found on my origin-ID, and under the hashtags #BuildnShare, #BuildnShare2, #penthouse
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/qdgUU#0
    ENTRY DETAILS: Dont mind the first floor, its just there to raise the penthouse up. The apartment/penthouse itself is just one floor. Didnt have any problems with the budget, my penthouse costs: 101 431 simoleons.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: noCC
  • asphyxiateddollasphyxiateddoll Posts: 139 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #:2
    FORUM ID:asphyxiateddoll
    ORIGIN ID:asphyxiateddoll
    SIM: Curtis Douglas III in my gallery and under hashtags #buildnshare, #buildnshare2
    LOT: Modern Penthouse in my gallery and under hashtags #buildnshare, #buildnshare2
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Modern Penthouse

ENTRY DETAILS:
    Lot Size: 40 x 30
    Lot Price: 143,433

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:
    TwistedMexi's Custom Cheats-used to unlock a lot of career items used in the build
    Shimrod101's Improved Lighting Mod

Digital Dollhouse Designs Lot Showcase
    Origin ID: asphyxiateddoll
    I love your entries @trashdocka and @asphyxiateddoll !
  • LavenderLavender Posts: 73 Member
    Thanks to all for your support. I have added my new house to the gallery and a link to my slideshow to my entry on page 14.
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    MOO is here (in mod form, anyway) !!!!!!!!!!!!. That is the single thing I've most missed the most in Sims4 building/design. Even more than CASt, I think, and not having CASt is HUGE. Off to try it out in game... http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=535846
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Is anyone planning on doing exterior landscaping? It's supposed to be on top of a building so I wasn't planning on it but it looks so bad! I also made a flat roof because it's on a skyscraper.

Although landscaping is normally a big part of the judging, for this challenge it would mainly be important to landscape/decorate any exterior landings/balconies. It won't always be the case, but I'd focus your attention on the interior and associated spaces of the build on this one. The main lot may look bare in comparison.
    ahholladay wrote: »
    Ahhhh, I'm so confused. I just got caught up on this thread -- I saw challenge #2 when it was issued and I started planning how I would tackle it, but based on what I'm reading, I don't think I can do what I was planning now. So the build has to be one-story, even if the other stories are just the lobby and an empty (except for stairs) floor to add building height? I kind of doubt I would have been able to do a three story within the budget anyway, but I was going to try, lol.

For this particular challenge, I wouldn't spend money on extra floors even for effect (wall cost). Just imagine your one-story build is the penthouse floor of a high-rise apartment.
    Amazing penthouse @Lavendar !
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    edited September 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 2
    FORUM ID: carewren123
    ORIGIN ID: carewren123
    SIM: Douglas Curtis #buildnshare #buildnshare2 #DouglasCurtis
    LOT: Willow Creek Penthouse under my Origin ID #buildnshare #buildnshare2 #willowcreekpenthouse #precisebydesign
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/qAS3v#0
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    40 X 30
    $135,646

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    @Carewren123 I love everything about your penthouse!
  • DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    ahholladay wrote: »

That the penthouse can only be one floor doesn't mean you can have other floors empty....
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited September 2014
    Hi guys. we have decided on entry categories and they are as follows:

Starting
    Quelsimmy
    KitOnlyHuman
    Onikisu
    tribblet33
    Kinipeli1
    Lavende
    asphyxiateddoll
    Don_Oello
    Pammiechick
    KraftySim
    BarbieofBorg
    Twilanite

Established
    Davlan
    Benlow11
    celdys0n
    Rachel Rosebud
    Rawla
    HippieMama2
    Green-Girly100
    trashdocka
    SimsIslandheart
    Simhead70
    pixsidust2
    countrykris1play

Expert
    Shenice93
    Carewren123
    Greenowl
    OrangePlumbob
    Pinklady1
    Rostri- Jodu
    ahholladay
    masajo
    ByronyRae
    DieterPrivate
    BlackRoseBronwen

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • celdys0nceldys0n Posts: 107 Member
    Goodness, now I feel a little pressure to be good at this. Thank you for that rank!
    MOO is here (in mod form, anyway) !!!!!!!!!!!!. That is the single thing I've most missed the most in Sims4 building/design. Even more than CASt, I think, and not having CASt is HUGE. Off to try it out in game... http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=535846

Omg, excited! I wonder what happens if someone who doesn't have the mod downloads a lot you used it on? If it keeps things in the spot you put them in, that would be great and we could just warn people that if they move something they may not be able to put it back.

celdys0n wrote: »
    Goodness, now I feel a little pressure to be good at this. Thank you for that rank!

Ha ha, same! I'm both flattered and scared. :)
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    edited September 2014
    EEtheridge wrote: »
    @Carewren123 I love everything about your penthouse!

Thank you. I was very pleased with how it turned out. My biggest challenge was getting the size of the room just right so that they fit comfortably together on a single floor.

Oh and the cabinets hanging between the kitchen and dining room were very tricky to hang, they dint want to line up the way i wanted them too.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • TwilaniteTwilanite Posts: 53 Member
    Hi guys. we have decided on entry categories and they are as follows:

I did challenge #1 and I am not listed? Did you overlook my entry? Its on page eight below conutrykris1play's entry. I'd like to see how I did. Thanks! ~Twilanite
    @Carewren123 I am having trouble with the upper cabinets as well. I wish they were easier to place, I added a wall to separate the kitchen a little and the game doesn't recognize it as a room to it wouldn't let me place a corner cabinet there.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top