January 15 - Is everyone ready for the Friday Highlights? Check them out here.
Welcome to all new Simmers joining us over the holiday season! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.
December 22 - It's the time of year again: Join the 12 Days of Simsmas! 🎄

What I don't get about reviews of TS4

Comments

  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited September 2014
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    The divide between the players. I know a lot of players like the realism. I understand how the open world appeals to that, as well as toddlers. I also find the terrain and the look of the world in TS3 a little more realistic than TS4. To those people, I can see TS4 as pointless and not having much to offer. There's another side to that coin. Other's like to get away from the realism and have more of a stylistic/cartoon/anime style. They just like to have fun. Not having toddlers and such doesn't bother them because it wasn't realism they were looking for. To them, it's pointless to have those things to begin with.


    It is more than just a 3 vs 4 situation though. For those who have been around since S1 we have seen a move TOWARDS a more 'realistic' game and see this turn to a cartoony art style to be a complete reversal of what we have seen and played for 14 years. I honestly don't think some of the newer players can understand this feeling.

    We had little 2 d people in sims1, they became more realistic and had full lives in sims2, the more realistic full family sims became even more realistic and expanded their world in sims3. In sims4 we see a turn away from realism to cartoony and from expanded worlds to a shrunken sims1 world, from a full family life to life stages taken out.

    Why this is so difficult for some people to understand, I don't know. THAT is the reality of a LOT of simmers, those who have been playing from the start. A move to realism has, because of budgets and time constraints, something that has not progressed the core sims series experience. I wish those who throw around names would at least try to understand WHY some people are angry/shocked/disappointed.



    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

    Marcus Aurelius
  • nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,980 Member
    Crackseed wrote: »
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    nilanius wrote: »
    Sadly, a lot of the amazon reviews, are by completely new accounts. In fact, I'm suspecting a couple haters maybe made a number of dummy accounts for the sole purpose of giving the game a 0. Not like it effects me. I still love the game. And it certainly wont effect EA, especially if Amazon took a peak at all the IP addresses of the negative reviews and started axing some of them, then the numbers might drop to about the same levels as the other star categories.

    Fact is, there's people who do have it out for EA for whatever reason. And even if Sims 4 didn't cut anything out, they would still do their best to hate the game and make sure it got bad ratings on customer review websites like amazon. So I say let them people continue in their obsession with hating EA and their games. People like myself see them for what they really are, and will pay them no mind what so ever.

    Hate is passion. Passion is emotion. Emotion isn't logical. There are plenty of people out there who dislike the game, but they're being logical about it. There are others, and I'd have to say they are a small number at best, who can't handle not being heard. They are letting their passion get the best of them and need to rally others who feel the same. These people will always make themselves bigger and will always multiply themselves in any way they can.

    So, yeah. It's hard to say how much of it is for real, and how much of it is just a handful of passionate people.

    I just figured out who you will be for me on these forums.

    You're like my own personal Yoda now.

    "Hate leads to suffering! Suffering leads to you buying that tub of hagen daaz to drown your sorrows that TS4 was such a horrible letdown!"

    b45c73fcdcfa9d3c026a763f6cfe2d57.jpg

    Your post made me lol for sure :)
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,649 Member
    I disagree Zolta. I have been around since S1 and I do not want to see this turn in to a realistic (graphically) game. It was never meant to be that way.
  • psychotrip1psychotrip1 Posts: 237 Member
    edited September 2014
    nilanius wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    It doesn't matter to me what anyone else says. Im playing it, and I'm loving it. I, for one, hope the devs don't cave to the site bombarders that are trying to make this in to TS3 all over again.

    TS3 was the anomaly in to what the sims are about....and that's the sims themselves. TS3 let that go for the "open world". And that didn't work. that's my opinion. I prefer to have my sims back.

    Exactly. I don't care what anyone says. I am heavily dissatisfied with the game. Personally, the stuff that was removed was more important to me than the stuff they added, and I hope the developers take the next game in a different direction.

    I also think it's important to understand that not everyone who dislikes the game and reviews it poorly is a "hater" or a "troll". Just like those who love it aren't necessarily "fanboys".

    We can both have different opinions without fighting over whose "right".


    Exactly. If they feel pressured to make this 3 again then I have no need to buy EPs, right?

    I try to steer away from the hater/troll threads.

    Who said anything about hater or troll threads? If someone doesn't like the game, it doesn't make them a hater or a troll necessarily just like liking the game doesn't make you a "fanboy".

    I feel like you missed the entire point of my post...

    So here's a question. When do people who are disappointed, become haters and/or trolls? I've seen a number of people on this very forum who go out of their way to attack people who do like the game. Before the features were removed, some individuals when they disagreed with a positive review, hit the flag as abuse button because they think anyone that gives the game a perfect score in a category is a plant by EA. This resulted in the flag, agree and disagree buttons being removed.

    And a these same people have been hating on the game even before it launched, constantly posting hate speech about EA, personal attacks on people who like the game. So then where is the line between disappointment, and outright hating and trolling?

    I don't know how I'm supposed to answer this question. I don't speak for everyone who dislikes the game, just like you don't speak for everyone who likes it.

    I may as well ask you, "When does liking the game become being a fanboy?"

    But that would be a stupid question, because you have no way of knowing that, and it has nothing to do with the legitimate people who enjoy the game for genuine reasons and don't hate on people who disagree. In fact, if I asked you that question, it would simply be to derail the conversation and passive-aggressively label people who like the game as "fanboys".

    But I wouldn't do that, because I understand that some people LOVE this game, and they're perfectly within their right to do so.

    I just hope you understand that many people simply don't like it, for perfectly valid reasons.

    I'm not trying to hate. I just really miss CASt, I REALLY miss the open world, I REALLY miss all the jobs available in TS3 in the base game. I hoped features like toddlers, story progression, CASt, the open world etc would be improved upon in the sequel instead of removed entirely. Maybe I'm asking too much for a sequel to improve the features of its predecessor, but that's honestly what I was looking forward to.

    I know you disagree. I know those features likely don't matter to you, but can you possibly see how they could matter to someone else? Even a little?

    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12696591/#Comment_12696591
    As I've posted elsewhere - any feedback both negative (how else is the team going to know what you don't like?!) and positive are welcome - just no fights/flames/trolls and you're good :) thanks.

  • psychotrip1psychotrip1 Posts: 237 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I disagree Zolta. I have been around since S1 and I do not want to see this turn in to a realistic (graphically) game. It was never meant to be that way.

    Now THIS we can agree on. The one thing I like about TS4 is the art style. It's charming, it fits the "dollhouse " theme the Sims have always had, and it just looks good to me.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12696591/#Comment_12696591
    As I've posted elsewhere - any feedback both negative (how else is the team going to know what you don't like?!) and positive are welcome - just no fights/flames/trolls and you're good :) thanks.

  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,649 Member
    nilanius wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    It doesn't matter to me what anyone else says. Im playing it, and I'm loving it. I, for one, hope the devs don't cave to the site bombarders that are trying to make this in to TS3 all over again.

    TS3 was the anomaly in to what the sims are about....and that's the sims themselves. TS3 let that go for the "open world". And that didn't work. that's my opinion. I prefer to have my sims back.

    Exactly. I don't care what anyone says. I am heavily dissatisfied with the game. Personally, the stuff that was removed was more important to me than the stuff they added, and I hope the developers take the next game in a different direction.

    I also think it's important to understand that not everyone who dislikes the game and reviews it poorly is a "hater" or a "troll". Just like those who love it aren't necessarily "fanboys".

    We can both have different opinions without fighting over whose "right".


    Exactly. If they feel pressured to make this 3 again then I have no need to buy EPs, right?

    I try to steer away from the hater/troll threads.

    Who said anything about hater or troll threads? If someone doesn't like the game, it doesn't make them a hater or a troll necessarily just like liking the game doesn't make you a "fanboy".

    I feel like you missed the entire point of my post...

    So here's a question. When do people who are disappointed, become haters and/or trolls? I've seen a number of people on this very forum who go out of their way to attack people who do like the game. Before the features were removed, some individuals when they disagreed with a positive review, hit the flag as abuse button because they think anyone that gives the game a perfect score in a category is a plant by EA. This resulted in the flag, agree and disagree buttons being removed.

    And a these same people have been hating on the game even before it launched, constantly posting hate speech about EA, personal attacks on people who like the game. So then where is the line between disappointment, and outright hating and trolling?

    I don't know how I'm supposed to answer this question. I don't speak for everyone who dislikes the game, just like you don't speak for everyone who likes it.

    I may as well ask you, "When does liking the game become being a fanboy?"

    But that would be a stupid question, because you have no way of knowing that, and it has nothing to do with the legitimate people who enjoy the game for genuine reasons and don't hate on people who disagree. In fact, if I asked you that question, it would simply be to derail the conversation and passive-aggressively label people who like the game as "fanboys".

    But I wouldn't do that, because I understand that some people LOVE this game, and they're perfectly within their right to do so.

    I just hope you understand that many people simply don't like it, for perfectly valid reasons.

    That's all well and good. A lot of my early disagrees when I mentioned that I was excited and looking forward to this game came from Averee90. And I just saw recently that she lumped me in with ones that should be ignored for liking the game. (fanboy/girls)

    I never did anything to this person. All I ever said was that I was looking forward to S4....back in the summer before it came out. I don't see that I did anything wrong by saying that. But according to that person, I became an enemy, and someone to be ignored.

  • psychotrip1psychotrip1 Posts: 237 Member
    edited September 2014
    fullspiral wrote: »
    nilanius wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    It doesn't matter to me what anyone else says. Im playing it, and I'm loving it. I, for one, hope the devs don't cave to the site bombarders that are trying to make this in to TS3 all over again.

    TS3 was the anomaly in to what the sims are about....and that's the sims themselves. TS3 let that go for the "open world". And that didn't work. that's my opinion. I prefer to have my sims back.

    Exactly. I don't care what anyone says. I am heavily dissatisfied with the game. Personally, the stuff that was removed was more important to me than the stuff they added, and I hope the developers take the next game in a different direction.

    I also think it's important to understand that not everyone who dislikes the game and reviews it poorly is a "hater" or a "troll". Just like those who love it aren't necessarily "fanboys".

    We can both have different opinions without fighting over whose "right".


    Exactly. If they feel pressured to make this 3 again then I have no need to buy EPs, right?

    I try to steer away from the hater/troll threads.

    Who said anything about hater or troll threads? If someone doesn't like the game, it doesn't make them a hater or a troll necessarily just like liking the game doesn't make you a "fanboy".

    I feel like you missed the entire point of my post...

    So here's a question. When do people who are disappointed, become haters and/or trolls? I've seen a number of people on this very forum who go out of their way to attack people who do like the game. Before the features were removed, some individuals when they disagreed with a positive review, hit the flag as abuse button because they think anyone that gives the game a perfect score in a category is a plant by EA. This resulted in the flag, agree and disagree buttons being removed.

    And a these same people have been hating on the game even before it launched, constantly posting hate speech about EA, personal attacks on people who like the game. So then where is the line between disappointment, and outright hating and trolling?

    I don't know how I'm supposed to answer this question. I don't speak for everyone who dislikes the game, just like you don't speak for everyone who likes it.

    I may as well ask you, "When does liking the game become being a fanboy?"

    But that would be a stupid question, because you have no way of knowing that, and it has nothing to do with the legitimate people who enjoy the game for genuine reasons and don't hate on people who disagree. In fact, if I asked you that question, it would simply be to derail the conversation and passive-aggressively label people who like the game as "fanboys".

    But I wouldn't do that, because I understand that some people LOVE this game, and they're perfectly within their right to do so.

    I just hope you understand that many people simply don't like it, for perfectly valid reasons.

    That's all well and good. A lot of my early disagrees when I mentioned that I was excited and looking forward to this game came from Averee90. And I just saw recently that she lumped me in with ones that should be ignored for liking the game. (fanboy/girls)

    I never did anything to this person. All I ever said was that I was looking forward to S4....back in the summer before it came out. I don't see that I did anything wrong by saying that. But according to that person, I became an enemy, and someone to be ignored.

    I guess I just don't see what that has to do with me and the other "non-haters" who dislike the game.

    I've been harassed and followed around threads numerous times by "Fanboys" who refuse to accept that someone could possibly not like TS4, and I've gotten flagged numerous times by those same people before EA fixed the system.

    I still have no issue with those who like the game. I just hope they understand why I don't. I try not to let emotions, or personal issues I have with other people, get in the way of how I view the quality of a video game, or how I debate about a video game with others.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12696591/#Comment_12696591
    As I've posted elsewhere - any feedback both negative (how else is the team going to know what you don't like?!) and positive are welcome - just no fights/flames/trolls and you're good :) thanks.

  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    The divide between the players. I know a lot of players like the realism. I understand how the open world appeals to that, as well as toddlers. I also find the terrain and the look of the world in TS3 a little more realistic than TS4. To those people, I can see TS4 as pointless and not having much to offer. There's another side to that coin. Other's like to get away from the realism and have more of a stylistic/cartoon/anime style. They just like to have fun. Not having toddlers and such doesn't bother them because it wasn't realism they were looking for. To them, it's pointless to have those things to begin with.


    It is more than just a 3 vs 4 situation though. For those who have been around since S1 we have seen a move TOWARDS a more 'realistic' game and see this turn to a cartoony art style to be a complete reversal of what we have seen and played for 14 years. I honestly don't think some of the newer players can understand this feeling.

    We had little 2 d people in sims1, they became more realistic and had full lives in sims2, the more realistic full family sims became even more realistic and expanded their world in sims3. In sims4 we see a turn away from realism to cartoony and from expanded worlds to a shrunken sims1 world, from a full family life to life stages taken out.

    Why this is so difficult for some people to understand, I don't know. THAT is the reality of a LOT of simmers, those who have been playing from the start. A move to realism has, because of budgets and time constraints, something that has not progressed the core sims series experience. I wish those who throw around names would at least try to understand WHY some people are angry/shocked/disappointed.

    I have also been around since TS1, and I feel the opposite. Please don't speak for all of us. TS3 made it too real. TS1 was 2D. Yes, but TS2 was very stylistic and not realistic at all. Try it without CC and mods. I actually play it with CC and mods. But I always used CC to make it more like an anime than to make it real. Others made it look too real. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that. It's just a divide among differences of what we all expect as individuals.

    I agree about the advancements in family life. I was ecstatic when S2 came out. I was no longer stuck in that tiny little childless world where adults never aged. S2 was awe inspiring in so many ways. Then S3 came out and everything I hoped for and all the advancements I was looking forward to were crushed. Everything was so goal based, and it no longer felt like the game I loved. It felt like an RPG. S4 is actually closer to the sims series than S3.

    S2 and S1 both had goofy things and silly behaviours. They both had a cartoonish appeal and a world full of whimsy and unrealistic things happening. S3 didn't. S4 does.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Compared to sims1, sims2 WAS more realistic. And EA plugged it as such.




    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

    Marcus Aurelius
  • CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,267 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    Compared to sims1, sims2 WAS more realistic. And EA plugged it as such.


    Of course it was more realistic - the people didn't look like runaway rejects from Final Fantasy VII's art style!
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    I never follow reviews. If I did, I might not have played a lot of games that I now consider some of my favorites.
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,649 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    nilanius wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    It doesn't matter to me what anyone else says. Im playing it, and I'm loving it. I, for one, hope the devs don't cave to the site bombarders that are trying to make this in to TS3 all over again.

    TS3 was the anomaly in to what the sims are about....and that's the sims themselves. TS3 let that go for the "open world". And that didn't work. that's my opinion. I prefer to have my sims back.

    Exactly. I don't care what anyone says. I am heavily dissatisfied with the game. Personally, the stuff that was removed was more important to me than the stuff they added, and I hope the developers take the next game in a different direction.

    I also think it's important to understand that not everyone who dislikes the game and reviews it poorly is a "hater" or a "troll". Just like those who love it aren't necessarily "fanboys".

    We can both have different opinions without fighting over whose "right".


    Exactly. If they feel pressured to make this 3 again then I have no need to buy EPs, right?

    I try to steer away from the hater/troll threads.

    Who said anything about hater or troll threads? If someone doesn't like the game, it doesn't make them a hater or a troll necessarily just like liking the game doesn't make you a "fanboy".

    I feel like you missed the entire point of my post...

    So here's a question. When do people who are disappointed, become haters and/or trolls? I've seen a number of people on this very forum who go out of their way to attack people who do like the game. Before the features were removed, some individuals when they disagreed with a positive review, hit the flag as abuse button because they think anyone that gives the game a perfect score in a category is a plant by EA. This resulted in the flag, agree and disagree buttons being removed.

    And a these same people have been hating on the game even before it launched, constantly posting hate speech about EA, personal attacks on people who like the game. So then where is the line between disappointment, and outright hating and trolling?

    I don't know how I'm supposed to answer this question. I don't speak for everyone who dislikes the game, just like you don't speak for everyone who likes it.

    I may as well ask you, "When does liking the game become being a fanboy?"

    But that would be a stupid question, because you have no way of knowing that, and it has nothing to do with the legitimate people who enjoy the game for genuine reasons and don't hate on people who disagree. In fact, if I asked you that question, it would simply be to derail the conversation and passive-aggressively label people who like the game as "fanboys".

    But I wouldn't do that, because I understand that some people LOVE this game, and they're perfectly within their right to do so.

    I just hope you understand that many people simply don't like it, for perfectly valid reasons.

    That's all well and good. A lot of my early disagrees when I mentioned that I was excited and looking forward to this game came from Averee90. And I just saw recently that she lumped me in with ones that should be ignored for liking the game. (fanboy/girls)

    I never did anything to this person. All I ever said was that I was looking forward to S4....back in the summer before it came out. I don't see that I did anything wrong by saying that. But according to that person, I became an enemy, and someone to be ignored.

    I guess I just don't see what that has to do with me and the other "non-haters" who dislike the game.

    I've been harassed and followed around threads numerous times by "Fanboys" who refuse to accept that someone could possibly not like TS4, and I've gotten flagged numerous times by those same people before EA fixed the system.

    I still have no issue with those who like the game. I just hope they understand why I don't. I try not to let emotions, or personal issues I have with other people, get in the way of how I view the quality of a video game, or how I debate about a video game with others.


    I think my point was, is that most of the time is is based on personal perspective. You can dislike it while I like it and it's all okay. And my point was some people pick their sides and name their enemies based on their perspective. And that's why we have the division we have.

    It's not constructive to do anything that way.

    Id rather have a conversation with someone like you who is level-headed about it any day.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    Compared to sims1, sims2 WAS more realistic. And EA plugged it as such.


    If it were realistic, I wouldn't have enjoyed it so much. Goopy and others don't look realistic at all, and I don't know many fathers of alien babies in real life either. It was just as silly as S1, but in 3D with an updated look that was so much more beautiful compared to S1.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited September 2014
    fullspiral wrote: »
    nilanius wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    It doesn't matter to me what anyone else says. Im playing it, and I'm loving it. I, for one, hope the devs don't cave to the site bombarders that are trying to make this in to TS3 all over again.

    TS3 was the anomaly in to what the sims are about....and that's the sims themselves. TS3 let that go for the "open world". And that didn't work. that's my opinion. I prefer to have my sims back.

    Exactly. I don't care what anyone says. I am heavily dissatisfied with the game. Personally, the stuff that was removed was more important to me than the stuff they added, and I hope the developers take the next game in a different direction.

    I also think it's important to understand that not everyone who dislikes the game and reviews it poorly is a "hater" or a "troll". Just like those who love it aren't necessarily "fanboys".

    We can both have different opinions without fighting over whose "right".


    Exactly. If they feel pressured to make this 3 again then I have no need to buy EPs, right?

    I try to steer away from the hater/troll threads.

    Who said anything about hater or troll threads? If someone doesn't like the game, it doesn't make them a hater or a troll necessarily just like liking the game doesn't make you a "fanboy".

    I feel like you missed the entire point of my post...

    So here's a question. When do people who are disappointed, become haters and/or trolls? I've seen a number of people on this very forum who go out of their way to attack people who do like the game. Before the features were removed, some individuals when they disagreed with a positive review, hit the flag as abuse button because they think anyone that gives the game a perfect score in a category is a plant by EA. This resulted in the flag, agree and disagree buttons being removed.

    And a these same people have been hating on the game even before it launched, constantly posting hate speech about EA, personal attacks on people who like the game. So then where is the line between disappointment, and outright hating and trolling?

    I don't know how I'm supposed to answer this question. I don't speak for everyone who dislikes the game, just like you don't speak for everyone who likes it.

    I may as well ask you, "When does liking the game become being a fanboy?"

    But that would be a stupid question, because you have no way of knowing that, and it has nothing to do with the legitimate people who enjoy the game for genuine reasons and don't hate on people who disagree. In fact, if I asked you that question, it would simply be to derail the conversation and passive-aggressively label people who like the game as "fanboys".

    But I wouldn't do that, because I understand that some people LOVE this game, and they're perfectly within their right to do so.

    I just hope you understand that many people simply don't like it, for perfectly valid reasons.

    That's all well and good. A lot of my early disagrees when I mentioned that I was excited and looking forward to this game came from Averee90. And I just saw recently that she lumped me in with ones that should be ignored for liking the game. (fanboy/girls)

    I never did anything to this person. All I ever said was that I was looking forward to S4....back in the summer before it came out. I don't see that I did anything wrong by saying that. But according to that person, I became an enemy, and someone to be ignored.

    I once knew a girl who told me if I wouldn't eat a slice of processed cheese, she wouldn't be my friend any more.

    True story
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,980 Member
    nilanius wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    It doesn't matter to me what anyone else says. Im playing it, and I'm loving it. I, for one, hope the devs don't cave to the site bombarders that are trying to make this in to TS3 all over again.

    TS3 was the anomaly in to what the sims are about....and that's the sims themselves. TS3 let that go for the "open world". And that didn't work. that's my opinion. I prefer to have my sims back.

    Exactly. I don't care what anyone says. I am heavily dissatisfied with the game. Personally, the stuff that was removed was more important to me than the stuff they added, and I hope the developers take the next game in a different direction.

    I also think it's important to understand that not everyone who dislikes the game and reviews it poorly is a "hater" or a "troll". Just like those who love it aren't necessarily "fanboys".

    We can both have different opinions without fighting over whose "right".


    Exactly. If they feel pressured to make this 3 again then I have no need to buy EPs, right?

    I try to steer away from the hater/troll threads.

    Who said anything about hater or troll threads? If someone doesn't like the game, it doesn't make them a hater or a troll necessarily just like liking the game doesn't make you a "fanboy".

    I feel like you missed the entire point of my post...

    So here's a question. When do people who are disappointed, become haters and/or trolls? I've seen a number of people on this very forum who go out of their way to attack people who do like the game. Before the features were removed, some individuals when they disagreed with a positive review, hit the flag as abuse button because they think anyone that gives the game a perfect score in a category is a plant by EA. This resulted in the flag, agree and disagree buttons being removed.

    And a these same people have been hating on the game even before it launched, constantly posting hate speech about EA, personal attacks on people who like the game. So then where is the line between disappointment, and outright hating and trolling?

    I don't know how I'm supposed to answer this question. I don't speak for everyone who dislikes the game, just like you don't speak for everyone who likes it.

    I may as well ask you, "When does liking the game become being a fanboy?"

    But that would be a stupid question, because you have no way of knowing that, and it has nothing to do with the legitimate people who enjoy the game for genuine reasons and don't hate on people who disagree. In fact, if I asked you that question, it would simply be to derail the conversation and passive-aggressively label people who like the game as "fanboys".

    But I wouldn't do that, because I understand that some people LOVE this game, and they're perfectly within their right to do so.

    I just hope you understand that many people simply don't like it, for perfectly valid reasons.

    I'm not trying to hate. I just really miss CASt, I REALLY miss the open world, I REALLY miss all the jobs available in TS3 in the base game. I hoped features like toddlers, story progression, CASt, the open world etc would be improved upon in the sequel instead of removed entirely. Maybe I'm asking too much for a sequel to improve the features of its predecessor, but that's honestly what I was looking forward to.

    I know you disagree. I know those features likely don't matter to you, but can you possibly see how they could matter to someone else? Even a little?

    Well I do want toddlers back for sure, and I never really got the whole story progression, never figured out how to actually access that. I simply had my sims live their own lives. As for Create-a-style and open world, I hope we never see those again. CASt in sims 3, had made the game a laggy, buggy mess. Just opening the wood, or even themed textures, took a good while for everything to load. And a few times, I've had CASt bug out and not appear, leaving me stuck staring at the paused screen with no way out.

    And open world, also contributed a ton to Sims 3's lag. But what's even worse, parks and night clubs and other community lots in my games, were always deserted. Not long before I got Sims 4 create-a-sim demo and before launch, I had started up a new world, bridgeport with a male sim as an experiment. His goal: woohoo with 5 different sims in 5 different locations. I put him in an apartment, bought all 5 woohoo locations and put them in his apartment, and would go out to find a female sim. I was going to take that aspiration to the next level, instead of woohoo, I'd choose try for a baby. Had the genie wish, the traits, you name it I had it, so that he could produce twins and triplets.

    Well out of all the pubs in bridgeport, only 1 ever had any other sims in it. Usually 2 or 3. I tried taking him to the parks, no luck, complete ghost towns. Tried going to the night clubs. Only ones there were the bouncers and the bartenders. I even tried the festival grounds. I lucked out 1 time there, and got a married woman to cheat on her husband and got pregnant. So Sims 3 felt like it was just Sims 2, only with a much much bigger lot all to yourself.

    But here in Sims 4, the neighborhoods are open, and I'm constantly seeing tons of sims in the neighborhood. Some hanging around the park area of the neighborhood, some on a morning jog, others just passing through. So Sims 3 most definitely was an anomaly, and really did not continue Sims 1 or 2's legacy, which focused a lot on the sims themselves. And compared to sims 2, the sims in sims 3 felt almost emotionless. So it was pretty clear a lot was sacrificed for the game. And I am confident we wont ever see the 2 features that made Sims 3 laggy and buggy, make another appearance, in any incarnation of Sims 4. I wouldn't even hold my breath for it in sims 5. Technology has to grow more, for them to be able to make a game with those features, that wont bog down peoples computers.

    Now as for your question, of when does someone become a fanboy. To me, that is a very easy question to answer. A fanboy see's no flaws at all in the game. Even with screenshots showing the flaws. They will defend the company to their dying breath, and attack any who dares go against their beloved game or company. They basically are the radicals of the side that like/love the game. Take a look at my review I had posted of Sims 4. Out of all the categories, gameplay by itself, was given a perfect score. The rest of the categories did not. And what contributed to the bad scores was bugs and annoying glitches. I did also state that there were features I'd like to see return to the game as well.

    I try to be balance in how I look at the game, and both sides of the isle. I have even had friendly debates with people who did not like the game. But there are some, who aren't interested in friendly debate. The moment I say I love the game, I end up being hated as well. The question I asked you earlier, my view of the line between disappointed, and being an obsessed hate/troll, is someone that makes thread after thread every day to spout hatred for the game and/or company, and will attack anyone who disagrees with them. They also are the ones most likely to make tons of dummy accounts on fan review sites, like amazon, to make the negative score greater than the other scores then, make a post pointing at the negative reviews and saying "See, everyone hates the game". For me, that is the line. There's the moderate folks, who like/dislike the game, and then there's the radical sect that gives their respective side a bad image.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited September 2014
    nilanius wrote: »
    nilanius wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    It doesn't matter to me what anyone else says. Im playing it, and I'm loving it. I, for one, hope the devs don't cave to the site bombarders that are trying to make this in to TS3 all over again.

    TS3 was the anomaly in to what the sims are about....and that's the sims themselves. TS3 let that go for the "open world". And that didn't work. that's my opinion. I prefer to have my sims back.

    Exactly. I don't care what anyone says. I am heavily dissatisfied with the game. Personally, the stuff that was removed was more important to me than the stuff they added, and I hope the developers take the next game in a different direction.

    I also think it's important to understand that not everyone who dislikes the game and reviews it poorly is a "hater" or a "troll". Just like those who love it aren't necessarily "fanboys".

    We can both have different opinions without fighting over whose "right".


    Exactly. If they feel pressured to make this 3 again then I have no need to buy EPs, right?

    I try to steer away from the hater/troll threads.

    Who said anything about hater or troll threads? If someone doesn't like the game, it doesn't make them a hater or a troll necessarily just like liking the game doesn't make you a "fanboy".

    I feel like you missed the entire point of my post...

    So here's a question. When do people who are disappointed, become haters and/or trolls? I've seen a number of people on this very forum who go out of their way to attack people who do like the game. Before the features were removed, some individuals when they disagreed with a positive review, hit the flag as abuse button because they think anyone that gives the game a perfect score in a category is a plant by EA. This resulted in the flag, agree and disagree buttons being removed.

    And a these same people have been hating on the game even before it launched, constantly posting hate speech about EA, personal attacks on people who like the game. So then where is the line between disappointment, and outright hating and trolling?

    I don't know how I'm supposed to answer this question. I don't speak for everyone who dislikes the game, just like you don't speak for everyone who likes it.

    I may as well ask you, "When does liking the game become being a fanboy?"

    But that would be a stupid question, because you have no way of knowing that, and it has nothing to do with the legitimate people who enjoy the game for genuine reasons and don't hate on people who disagree. In fact, if I asked you that question, it would simply be to derail the conversation and passive-aggressively label people who like the game as "fanboys".

    But I wouldn't do that, because I understand that some people LOVE this game, and they're perfectly within their right to do so.

    I just hope you understand that many people simply don't like it, for perfectly valid reasons.

    I'm not trying to hate. I just really miss CASt, I REALLY miss the open world, I REALLY miss all the jobs available in TS3 in the base game. I hoped features like toddlers, story progression, CASt, the open world etc would be improved upon in the sequel instead of removed entirely. Maybe I'm asking too much for a sequel to improve the features of its predecessor, but that's honestly what I was looking forward to.

    I know you disagree. I know those features likely don't matter to you, but can you possibly see how they could matter to someone else? Even a little?

    Well I do want toddlers back for sure, and I never really got the whole story progression, never figured out how to actually access that. I simply had my sims live their own lives. As for Create-a-style and open world, I hope we never see those again. CASt in sims 3, had made the game a laggy, buggy mess. Just opening the wood, or even themed textures, took a good while for everything to load. And a few times, I've had CASt bug out and not appear, leaving me stuck staring at the paused screen with no way out.

    And open world, also contributed a ton to Sims 3's lag. But what's even worse, parks and night clubs and other community lots in my games, were always deserted. Not long before I got Sims 4 create-a-sim demo and before launch, I had started up a new world, bridgeport with a male sim as an experiment. His goal: woohoo with 5 different sims in 5 different locations. I put him in an apartment, bought all 5 woohoo locations and put them in his apartment, and would go out to find a female sim. I was going to take that aspiration to the next level, instead of woohoo, I'd choose try for a baby. Had the genie wish, the traits, you name it I had it, so that he could produce twins and triplets.

    Well out of all the pubs in bridgeport, only 1 ever had any other sims in it. Usually 2 or 3. I tried taking him to the parks, no luck, complete ghost towns. Tried going to the night clubs. Only ones there were the bouncers and the bartenders. I even tried the festival grounds. I lucked out 1 time there, and got a married woman to cheat on her husband and got pregnant. So Sims 3 felt like it was just Sims 2, only with a much much bigger lot all to yourself.

    But here in Sims 4, the neighborhoods are open, and I'm constantly seeing tons of sims in the neighborhood. Some hanging around the park area of the neighborhood, some on a morning jog, others just passing through. So Sims 3 most definitely was an anomaly, and really did not continue Sims 1 or 2's legacy, which focused a lot on the sims themselves. And compared to sims 2, the sims in sims 3 felt almost emotionless. So it was pretty clear a lot was sacrificed for the game. And I am confident we wont ever see the 2 features that made Sims 3 laggy and buggy, make another appearance, in any incarnation of Sims 4. I wouldn't even hold my breath for it in sims 5. Technology has to grow more, for them to be able to make a game with those features, that wont bog down peoples computers.

    Now as for your question, of when does someone become a fanboy. To me, that is a very easy question to answer. A fanboy see's no flaws at all in the game. Even with screenshots showing the flaws. They will defend the company to their dying breath, and attack any who dares go against their beloved game or company. They basically are the radicals of the side that like/love the game. Take a look at my review I had posted of Sims 4. Out of all the categories, gameplay by itself, was given a perfect score. The rest of the categories did not. And what contributed to the bad scores was bugs and annoying glitches. I did also state that there were features I'd like to see return to the game as well.

    I try to be balance in how I look at the game, and both sides of the isle. I have even had friendly debates with people who did not like the game. But there are some, who aren't interested in friendly debate. The moment I say I love the game, I end up being hated as well. The question I asked you earlier, my view of the line between disappointed, and being an obsessed hate/troll, is someone that makes thread after thread every day to spout hatred for the game and/or company, and will attack anyone who disagrees with them. They also are the ones most likely to make tons of dummy accounts on fan review sites, like amazon, to make the negative score greater than the other scores then, make a post pointing at the negative reviews and saying "See, everyone hates the game". For me, that is the line. There's the moderate folks, who like/dislike the game, and then there's the radical sect that gives their respective side a bad image.

    Same. Neighbourhoods were more empty than not. The whole world was empty.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • ktb0513ktb0513 Posts: 145 Member
    I do not love nor do I hate the sims 4. Yes I am mad cuz there is no pools or toddles but does it take away from my game not much. Am I sad cars are gone yes I liked putting them in my builds but I did hate when my sims would take them out and it would stay in their inventory. So are they needed in my game nope I guess not. But do I love watching my sims walk around with all their different walks or have different emotional responses...yes. I also really like the new build mode I found ts3 build style horrid and ts4 is much better. Do I feel like this should have been the true sequel to ts2 heck yes and ts2 was by far my absolute favorite of the sims games
    the-sims-4-collectibles-187x96.jpg
  • Gawdfather1Gawdfather1 Posts: 601 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    Crackseed wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    It doesn't matter to me what anyone else says. Im playing it, and I'm loving it. I, for one, hope the devs don't cave to the site bombarders that are trying to make this in to TS3 all over again.

    TS3 was the anomaly in to what the sims are about....and that's the sims themselves. TS3 let that go for the "open world". And that didn't work. that's my opinion. I prefer to have my sims back.

    Exactly. I don't care what anyone says. I am heavily dissatisfied with the game. Personally, the stuff that was removed was more important to me than the stuff they added, and I hope the developers take the next game in a different direction.

    I also think it's important to understand that not everyone who dislikes the game and reviews it poorly is a "hater" or a "troll". Just like those who love it aren't necessarily "fanboys".

    We can both have different opinions without fighting over whose "right".

    Because clearly I cannot sleep well at night unless like Conan, I have driven all "haters" before me, crushed them and heard their lamentations!

    Duh?



    as you requested :)


    There are not enough buttons available to express my utter delight at this post.
    Banners.jpg
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,649 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    nilanius wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    It doesn't matter to me what anyone else says. Im playing it, and I'm loving it. I, for one, hope the devs don't cave to the site bombarders that are trying to make this in to TS3 all over again.

    TS3 was the anomaly in to what the sims are about....and that's the sims themselves. TS3 let that go for the "open world". And that didn't work. that's my opinion. I prefer to have my sims back.

    Exactly. I don't care what anyone says. I am heavily dissatisfied with the game. Personally, the stuff that was removed was more important to me than the stuff they added, and I hope the developers take the next game in a different direction.

    I also think it's important to understand that not everyone who dislikes the game and reviews it poorly is a "hater" or a "troll". Just like those who love it aren't necessarily "fanboys".

    We can both have different opinions without fighting over whose "right".


    Exactly. If they feel pressured to make this 3 again then I have no need to buy EPs, right?

    I try to steer away from the hater/troll threads.

    Who said anything about hater or troll threads? If someone doesn't like the game, it doesn't make them a hater or a troll necessarily just like liking the game doesn't make you a "fanboy".

    I feel like you missed the entire point of my post...

    So here's a question. When do people who are disappointed, become haters and/or trolls? I've seen a number of people on this very forum who go out of their way to attack people who do like the game. Before the features were removed, some individuals when they disagreed with a positive review, hit the flag as abuse button because they think anyone that gives the game a perfect score in a category is a plant by EA. This resulted in the flag, agree and disagree buttons being removed.

    And a these same people have been hating on the game even before it launched, constantly posting hate speech about EA, personal attacks on people who like the game. So then where is the line between disappointment, and outright hating and trolling?

    I don't know how I'm supposed to answer this question. I don't speak for everyone who dislikes the game, just like you don't speak for everyone who likes it.

    I may as well ask you, "When does liking the game become being a fanboy?"

    But that would be a stupid question, because you have no way of knowing that, and it has nothing to do with the legitimate people who enjoy the game for genuine reasons and don't hate on people who disagree. In fact, if I asked you that question, it would simply be to derail the conversation and passive-aggressively label people who like the game as "fanboys".

    But I wouldn't do that, because I understand that some people LOVE this game, and they're perfectly within their right to do so.

    I just hope you understand that many people simply don't like it, for perfectly valid reasons.

    That's all well and good. A lot of my early disagrees when I mentioned that I was excited and looking forward to this game came from Averee90. And I just saw recently that she lumped me in with ones that should be ignored for liking the game. (fanboy/girls)

    I never did anything to this person. All I ever said was that I was looking forward to S4....back in the summer before it came out. I don't see that I did anything wrong by saying that. But according to that person, I became an enemy, and someone to be ignored.

    I once knew a girl who told me if I wouldn't eat a slice of processed cheese, she wouldn't be my friend any more.

    True story

    Was this her?

    1396969892943.jpg

  • angie0o0angie0o0 Posts: 103 Member
    edited September 2014
    nilanius wrote: »
    Sadly, a lot of the amazon reviews, are by completely new accounts. In fact, I'm suspecting a couple haters maybe made a number of dummy accounts for the sole purpose of giving the game a 0. Not like it effects me. I still love the game. And it certainly wont effect EA, especially if Amazon took a peak at all the IP addresses of the negative reviews and started axing some of them, then the numbers might drop to about the same levels as the other star categories.

    Fact is, there's people who do have it out for EA for whatever reason. And even if Sims 4 didn't cut anything out, they would still do their best to hate the game and make sure it got bad ratings on customer review websites like amazon. So I say let them people continue in their obsession with hating EA and their games. People like myself see them for what they really are, and will pay them no mind what so ever.

    And that's total bull.❤️❤️❤️❤️ because you have to have BOUGHT SOMETHING on Amazon first, in order to write any sort of review, whether you've bought Sims 4 or something ELSE on Amazon. So.... no, not just new accounts.

    Stop taking up for EA at any cost. It's old now. I guarantee there's just as many fake 5 star reviews on there, as there is fake one-stars. ;)

    Your same arguments about "haters" is getting old as well. You people are just as bad, if not WORSE than the "haters". Do you ever even listen to yourselves as you're spewing ❤️❤️❤️❤️ out of your ❤️❤️❤️❤️?

  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,649 Member
    angie0o0 wrote: »
    nilanius wrote: »
    Sadly, a lot of the amazon reviews, are by completely new accounts. In fact, I'm suspecting a couple haters maybe made a number of dummy accounts for the sole purpose of giving the game a 0. Not like it effects me. I still love the game. And it certainly wont effect EA, especially if Amazon took a peak at all the IP addresses of the negative reviews and started axing some of them, then the numbers might drop to about the same levels as the other star categories.

    Fact is, there's people who do have it out for EA for whatever reason. And even if Sims 4 didn't cut anything out, they would still do their best to hate the game and make sure it got bad ratings on customer review websites like amazon. So I say let them people continue in their obsession with hating EA and their games. People like myself see them for what they really are, and will pay them no mind what so ever.

    And that's total ❤️❤️❤️❤️ because you have to have BOUGHT SOMETHING on Amazon first, in order to write any sort of review, whether you've bought Sims 4 or something ELSE on Amazon. So.... no, not just new accounts.

    Stop taking up for EA at any cost. It's old now. I guarantee there's just as many fake 5 star reviews on there, as there is fake one-stars. ;)

    Your same arguments about "haters" is getting old as well. You people are just as bad, if not WORSE than the "haters". Do you ever even listen to yourselves as you're spewing ❤️❤️❤️❤️ out of your ❤️❤️❤️❤️?

    Chill.

  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    ktb0513 wrote: »
    I do not love nor do I hate the sims 4. Yes I am mad cuz there is no pools or toddles but does it take away from my game not much. Am I sad cars are gone yes I liked putting them in my builds but I did hate when my sims would take them out and it would stay in their inventory. So are they needed in my game nope I guess not. But do I love watching my sims walk around with all their different walks or have different emotional responses...yes. I also really like the new build mode I found ts3 build style horrid and ts4 is much better. Do I feel like this should have been the true sequel to ts2 heck yes and ts2 was by far my absolute favorite of the sims games

    Yeah. Cars in the pocket weren't very realistic. I believe we'll be seeing cars again. S2 didn't have them to begin with.

    @FULLSPIRAL

    Gross!

    Might be her. Was so long ago and we were only 6 or 7 back then.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited September 2014
    angie0o0 wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    angie0o0 wrote: »
    nilanius wrote: »
    Sadly, a lot of the amazon reviews, are by completely new accounts. In fact, I'm suspecting a couple haters maybe made a number of dummy accounts for the sole purpose of giving the game a 0. Not like it effects me. I still love the game. And it certainly wont effect EA, especially if Amazon took a peak at all the IP addresses of the negative reviews and started axing some of them, then the numbers might drop to about the same levels as the other star categories.

    Fact is, there's people who do have it out for EA for whatever reason. And even if Sims 4 didn't cut anything out, they would still do their best to hate the game and make sure it got bad ratings on customer review websites like amazon. So I say let them people continue in their obsession with hating EA and their games. People like myself see them for what they really are, and will pay them no mind what so ever.

    And that's total ❤️❤️❤️❤️ because you have to have BOUGHT SOMETHING on Amazon first, in order to write any sort of review, whether you've bought Sims 4 or something ELSE on Amazon. So.... no, not just new accounts.

    Stop taking up for EA at any cost. It's old now. I guarantee there's just as many fake 5 star reviews on there, as there is fake one-stars. ;)

    Your same arguments about "haters" is getting old as well. You people are just as bad, if not WORSE than the "haters". Do you ever even listen to yourselves as you're spewing ❤️❤️❤️❤️ out of your ❤️❤️❤️❤️?

    Chill.

    -edited comment removed-

    I only call them haters when they act like a plum. Some can be very aggressive about their opinions--those are the haters to me. If you're not with them, you're against them. There is no in between with them and we're only liking the game to spite them because we're stupid and can't see everything that's wrong with it. When we disagree, we're suddenly shills and fanboys.

    It goes both ways.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited September 2014
    angie0o0 wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    angie0o0 wrote: »
    nilanius wrote: »
    Sadly, a lot of the amazon reviews, are by completely new accounts. In fact, I'm suspecting a couple haters maybe made a number of dummy accounts for the sole purpose of giving the game a 0. Not like it effects me. I still love the game. And it certainly wont effect EA, especially if Amazon took a peak at all the IP addresses of the negative reviews and started axing some of them, then the numbers might drop to about the same levels as the other star categories.

    Fact is, there's people who do have it out for EA for whatever reason. And even if Sims 4 didn't cut anything out, they would still do their best to hate the game and make sure it got bad ratings on customer review websites like amazon. So I say let them people continue in their obsession with hating EA and their games. People like myself see them for what they really are, and will pay them no mind what so ever.

    And that's total ❤️❤️❤️❤️ because you have to have BOUGHT SOMETHING on Amazon first, in order to write any sort of review, whether you've bought Sims 4 or something ELSE on Amazon. So.... no, not just new accounts.

    Stop taking up for EA at any cost. It's old now. I guarantee there's just as many fake 5 star reviews on there, as there is fake one-stars. ;)

    Your same arguments about "haters" is getting old as well. You people are just as bad, if not WORSE than the "haters". Do you ever even listen to yourselves as you're spewing ❤️❤️❤️❤️ out of your ❤️❤️❤️❤️?

    Chill.

    -edited comment removed-
    Which one did you check? There's like 3 of them where you can talk to a Simguru.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,649 Member
    edited September 2014
    angie0o0 wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    angie0o0 wrote: »
    nilanius wrote: »
    Sadly, a lot of the amazon reviews, are by completely new accounts. In fact, I'm suspecting a couple haters maybe made a number of dummy accounts for the sole purpose of giving the game a 0. Not like it effects me. I still love the game. And it certainly wont effect EA, especially if Amazon took a peak at all the IP addresses of the negative reviews and started axing some of them, then the numbers might drop to about the same levels as the other star categories.

    Fact is, there's people who do have it out for EA for whatever reason. And even if Sims 4 didn't cut anything out, they would still do their best to hate the game and make sure it got bad ratings on customer review websites like amazon. So I say let them people continue in their obsession with hating EA and their games. People like myself see them for what they really are, and will pay them no mind what so ever.

    And that's total ❤️❤️❤️❤️ because you have to have BOUGHT SOMETHING on Amazon first, in order to write any sort of review, whether you've bought Sims 4 or something ELSE on Amazon. So.... no, not just new accounts.

    Stop taking up for EA at any cost. It's old now. I guarantee there's just as many fake 5 star reviews on there, as there is fake one-stars. ;)

    Your same arguments about "haters" is getting old as well. You people are just as bad, if not WORSE than the "haters". Do you ever even listen to yourselves as you're spewing ❤️❤️❤️❤️ out of your ❤️❤️❤️❤️?

    Chill.

    -edited comment removed-

    It can be said that it is the other way around too. You people's arguments are just redundant and adding nothing to the forum.

    This is for sims 4 discussion. As per the header. Not for sims 4 snide remarks and one-liner bashing. If there are issues, there's a feedback and ideas forum.

    If it's for "discussing' sims 4 and working through it's newness, than maybe this is the place for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top