Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues with sub-folders in mod folder

I have updated my recorce file as per instructions from wonderful people on this forum, but I can't get the game to register either mods or recolors unless I just dump them all in the mods folder without using sub-folders at all... I updated my recorce file with wordpad - could this be a problem? Or is this a common issue? I have also deleted my tumbscashe file after the change to se if this was the issue.

I'm such a noob when it comes to this techinal stuff. I would really apreciate some help in how to move forward with this. I just want to be able to organize my mods and cc a little better. Just 1 extra layer of sub-folders would help loads.
d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg

Comments

• auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    I've uploaded my empty mods folder with my edited .cfg at box for you. It has been working fine for me with several folder layers. I left my folders intact, I just took out my mods and CC. I just added the "DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate" line to the Resource.CFG and the unpackedmod folder as per the discussion in this thread at MTS.

Mods Folder with Altered Resource.CFG file and subfolders at box

This is what my Resource.CFG file looks like:
    Priority 500
    PackedFile *.package
    PackedFile */*.package
    PackedFile */*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package
    DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate

qx8kux.jpg

Upon further investigation I found this:
    Making better use of the unpackedmod folder

I'm going to test this tonight so I get it all straight in my head. I'm starting to get a little confused myself. ;)

• SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    Thanks. It's finally working - yay!
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg