Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gender of Baby Theory

I know everyone including myself is anxious to figure out what we can do to determine if a boy or girl is born. All my sims pregnancies i have had boys except for my very first game i had a girl (about 25 diff pregnancies). I was getting very frustrated, but as i thought about it i noticed that every time i had a boy i would have the mom or dad kiss, flirt, etc. before woohooing and they would either be flirty or very flirty (moods) and that would result in a boy.

I also, remembered that when i conceived the girl in my first game i didnt have my sim women flirt with the guy he was just a one night stand (clicked on the bed) and she was in the inspired mood because she had just painted. So i made a woman and a her husband and decided to test out my theory.....

My results were:
5 pregnancies they were in the flirty mood and they concieved boys each time.
1 pregnancy they were in the very flirty mood and they concieved a boy.
2 pregnancies they were inspired and they concieved girls each time.
3 pregnancies they were in the confident/very confident mood and they concieved girls each time.

This could be a wierd glitch or just luck, but if someone else wants to test it out id appreciate it! Ive only tested the flirt/very flirty and confident and inspired emotions.

(just again for a side note: im thinking emotions before trying for a baby----flirty/veryflirty= boy :::: inspired & confident/very confident= girl)

AGAIN THIS IS NOT FORSURE THING JUST A THEORY I HAVE AS OF NOW

Comments

• kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Hm. This is interesting. Both the boys in the household I'm playing now were conceived while the parents were flirty.

The other house, the parents were artists, and I believe they were inspired. They had two girls.

I'll have to pay more attention to this.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • cheyh719cheyh719 Posts: 251 Member
    Like i said i could be wrong but i do find it very strange (:
  • joneswkjoneswk Posts: 270 Member
    And it could be a coincidence. The simplest explanation is that sex is a 50/50 chance. Each and every time the sex is determined it is a 50/50 chance of one or the other. Since past births have no bearing on future births strings of same-sex siblings are just as likely as strings of different-sex siblings.

Besides, that mechanic would be a hell of a lot easier to program than some bizarre emotional song-and-dance routine that would determine a child's sex.
    edited September 2014
    joneswk wrote: »
    And it could be a coincidence. The simplest explanation is that sex is a 50/50 chance. Each and every time the sex is determined it is a 50/50 chance of one or the other. Since past births have no bearing on future births strings of same-sex siblings are just as likely as strings of different-sex siblings.

Besides, that mechanic would be a hell of a lot easier to program than some bizarre emotional song-and-dance routine that would determine a child's sex.

Your probably right, but i mean it is EA were talking about...they have done some strange things in the past lol.

• joneswkjoneswk Posts: 270 Member
    It's possible, I suppose, that the coding and all are such that if your sim does x, y and z that it influence the sex of a sim child. I don't think you could adequately test it though...

Unless you saved right before having the sims try for a baby and play through the pregnancy multiple times.

Even then, Probability can still raise its head and say "🐸🐸🐸🐸 noob".
    Haha yeah i agree with. If you think about it though all theyve talked about were these new emotion filled sims and how they put so much focus in to their emotions so it does make ya think.....would they link baby gender and emotions???
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    I'm going to try this tomorrow and let you know....I desperately want a girl but have only had boys so far...Alejandro and José...I want a girl so I can dress her up in dresses!
    p6tqefj
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    My female sim is already pregnant though and I believe she was flirty when I made them try for a baby so I probably will be having another boy again :(
    p6tqefj
    alexandrea wrote: »
    I'm going to try this tomorrow and let you know....I desperately want a girl but have only had boys so far...Alejandro and José...I want a girl so I can dress her up in dresses!

Please do let me know! (: hopefully it works for you also! Awe :( not cool hopefully she can pop that baby out and you can try again! I was playing my favorite family and they had six boys....i didnt come up with this "idea" until after they died...but i really hope it works for you also ive had lots of luck with it!
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    cheyh719 wrote: »
    I know everyone including myself is anxious to figure out what we can do to determine if a boy or girl is born. All my sims pregnancies i have had boys except for my very first game i had a girl (about 25 diff pregnancies). I was getting very frustrated, but as i thought about it i noticed that every time i had a boy i would have the mom or dad kiss, flirt, etc. before woohooing and they would either be flirty or very flirty (moods) and that would result in a boy.

I also, remembered that when i conceived the girl in my first game i didnt have my sim women flirt with the guy he was just a one night stand (clicked on the bed) and she was in the inspired mood because she had just painted. So i made a woman and a her husband and decided to test out my theory.....

My results were:
    3 pregnancies they were in the confident/very confident mood and they concieved girls each time.

This could be a wierd glitch or just luck, but if someone else wants to test it out id appreciate it! Ive only tested the flirt/very flirty and confident and inspired emotions.

(just again for a side note: im thinking emotions before trying for a baby----flirty/veryflirty= boy :::: inspired & confident/very confident= girl)

Possibly onto something, but perhaps this is randomly reversed, depending on the save game? In my game I play in a rotation. No couple has had more than one baby yet, and so far all babies were conceived while flirty or very flirty and the babies are girls. I am now playing a family that has a brilliant musician and neither has the romantic trait, so they are going to have an easier time getting both inspired or confident and trying. I will let you know if that results in my first baby boy in my game or not. It may take some time though, as my couple is engaged but not married and they don't have enough friends for a big wedding yet. (I want a proper wedding for them before they go having babies, but they will be played exclusively until I'm able... )

OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
    enkeli63 wrote: »
    cheyh719 wrote: »

My results were:

Possibly onto something, but perhaps this is randomly reversed, depending on the save game? In my game I play in a rotation. No couple has had more than one baby yet, and so far all babies were conceived while flirty or very flirty and the babies are girls. I am now playing a family that has a brilliant musician and neither has the romantic trait, so they are going to have an easier time getting both inspired or confident and trying. I will let you know if that results in my first baby boy in my game or not. It may take some time though, as my couple is engaged but not married and they don't have enough friends for a big wedding yet. (I want a proper wedding for them before they go having babies, but they will be played exclusively until I'm able... )

Thanks for the input. Cant wait to hear your results! (: congrats to your engaged sims hope they have an amazing wedding!

• AstasiaAstasia Posts: 238 Member
    Only had two babies so far, both boys, both times the parents weren't flirty.
  • kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    I think it's 50/50 chance :(( really im tired of boys
  • Rubycube86Rubycube86 Posts: 294 Member
    My first three Sims weren't flirty and had four boys between them all. My new family were both flirty though and had twin boys. So far had six boys born, none girls, and seeing as the first three were never flirty when they conceived, I do think it's just chance. I really REALLY want a girl next.
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Hmmm -- Nice theory! I would be interested to know more about others' experience with this. I suppose it could be possible because of the weight of Sim emotions, but I'm inclined to think that EA would probably not program it that way. Also I believe the game simply selects the gender by 50/50 chance at the time of birth, not at conception. In Sims 3 your Sim could increase the chances for one gender or the other by eating the required fruit. A Sim could also ask a doctor to determine the baby's sex before birth. But in Sims 4 we have no sure-fire way to tell.

Lol--my Sims were both in a flirty mood and they had a boy... ;) I will take note on what happens next time they try for baby.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Spaghetti- it's all down to Spaghetti. :D
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Spaghetti- it's all down to Spaghetti. :D

Haha i wish it was! (:
    Pamhamlet wrote: »
    Hmmm -- Nice theory! I would be interested to know more about others' experience with this. I suppose it could be possible because of the weight of Sim emotions, but I'm inclined to think that EA would probably not program it that way. Also I believe the game simply selects the gender by 50/50 chance at the time of birth, not at conception. In Sims 3 your Sim could increase the chances for one gender or the other by eating the required fruit. A Sim could also ask a doctor to determine the baby's sex before birth. But in Sims 4 we have no sure-fire way to tell.

Lol--my Sims were both in a flirty mood and they had a boy... ;) I will take note on what happens next time they try for baby.

I was hoping it was fruit like in sims 3 but i tried and unfortunately not...definately take note when they try again (: would love to here your results.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I think my Sim parents were flirty when the wife asked for Try for Baby and got pregnant; she just had a girl, the first one I've had born in game. I'm trying to remember who initiated when I had all those boys -- if it was the male that could be a determinant or maybe just luck.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    edited September 2014
    Three girls. Two of which are twins. Then again I haven't really started reproducing yet
    TL8ZBmw.gif
    Ya i think my theories dead haha...but in my game if the parents are flirty theyve had boys and if there inspired/confident/happy theyve had girls actually been nice ive been able to have what gender ive wanted! :D
  • AJLOVER01AJLOVER01 Posts: 120 Member
    I tried the flirty thing and I had a girl, I think it's just random.
  • Sparkysim2Sparkysim2 Posts: 359 Member
    Not sure if I did but I usually always have my couples flirt and kiss before Woo Hoo. Didn't take note of exact moods. Know that last night both were flirty before having a girl. For me so far it is 4 girls 1 boy.
    "If I don't remember it, it didn't happen." CM
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    An update on my engaged couple. Since they are taking the time to make a lot of friends and have a major wedding, so I can maybe unlock something for that, anyways, they can say "Hey, how was your day?" and then woohoo even if they both feel like garbage, all needs bottoming out, etc! They just love each other and the answer is always yes, even if one must get out of bed immediately after just to pass out on the floor! ROFL They'll be able to try in any mood for sure :)
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Lauren_Cheerio22Lauren_Cheerio22 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hmm.... Really interesting theory! I've been dying playing TS4 without Gender dictation. For Sims 3, I got in the habit of always choosing and eating apples or watermelons. Sometimes I'd leave it a surprise, but rarely.

This theory does make sense... Since any pregnancy I've ever had in sims 4 has been a boy, and whenever I have my sims woohoo, I get them in the mood, so it would make sense that they're always flirty when they conceive. (Which is why you'd think EA wouldn't put this in.... It's like tricking people into having mostly boys.... Usually sims would be flirty before trying for a baby, right?)

Anyways, I've somewhat tested this. Only three pregnancies. The first, the husband was very flirty, she was flirty. And it was a boy. I tried next while they were both inspired, and it was a baby girl.

My third pregnancy, I was curious what would happen if one was flirty, and the other was inspired. She was inspired, he was very flirt. The outcome was another girl. I'm wondering if the split moods give a 50/50 chance, or if it's chosen by the mood of the mom.

I'm planning on testing this more... But from your results, it seems like the flirty/boy inspired/girl works. Thank you so much for sharing this! Whether it's a glitch or programmed in.. I'm glad I can have daughters without adopting now! :D
    I'll probably be testing this out more :)

On a side note.... Anyone hear anything about raising chances for twins? I was thinking l get her to watch kids TV and listen That's what it was in TS3, but then I remembered that in TS4 the baby is decided when they try for a baby. I was hoping conceiving with one flirty and one inspired parent might cause boy and girl twins, but it was not to be.