Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where are my published books?!?

I just self-published two of my books and they have disappeared from the world entirely. I get proceeds now but I can't get a copy of the book anywhere. Its gone from my inventory and the online store and library have no copies either. Do I have to write the book completely again just to keep copies of them? This is something I think needs to be added/changed unless I'm just not seeing them somewhere.

Comments

• Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    You don't get a copy of your books unfortunately. The only way to keep them is to never publish them. I'm hoping that gets fixed.
  • Options
    downeys1725downeys1725 Posts: 42 Member
    That seems foolish... I hope so as well!!
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Can you not 'order' them via the bookcase or computer?
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    I did find a copy of two of my authors books in the bookcase. Don't have a clue where the other thirty are! :\
    Still looking!
  • Options
    galaxyflier1galaxyflier1 Posts: 383 Member
    I love that in Sims 3 they get copies of their books. I hope they fix it so our Sims can in Sims 4.
  • Options
    GryffixGryffix Posts: 37 Member
    My author wrote so many books that I don't recall every single one of them. If it's true that published books just "disappear", I have no idea where to find any information on Sam's career. There are no memories so I can't find the "wrote a book!" memory. I didn't write down the titles of the books from the start so I now have no idea what books he wrote. Is there anyone with advice for me?
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited January 2015
    Edit- oops old thread :sweat_smile:
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited January 2015
    Gryffix wrote: »
    My author wrote so many books that I don't recall every single one of them. If it's true that published books just "disappear", I have no idea where to find any information on Sam's career. There are no memories so I can't find the "wrote a book!" memory. I didn't write down the titles of the books from the start so I now have no idea what books he wrote. Is there anyone with advice for me?

The only advice I have is to pay attention to the royalty notification you get from publishing books. I don't think there's any other way to see which books your sim has written.

There's a mod on modthesims that allows sims to keep a copy of their books.
    http://modthesims.info/d/542822
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    AussieAdoresSimsAussieAdoresSims Posts: 554 Member
    If you use mods there is a mod at mod thesis that allows you to keep the books