Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Current DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Started July 3rd

Comments

• Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    @ spreadsheet team - I am clocking in for a bit. Then I will take a break to sleep for a bit and will be back on after that.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Is anyone else having trouble with the Store? I came here to collect some more ads and keep an eye on the DD, and I keep getting Liam'd. Surely that turntable wall sculpture isn't that exciting!
    My launcher doesn't open automatically at all anymore. Like if it's not open and I buy something it won't install, I have to open it manually before I buy something or open it then install it from the purchase history. Oh and I can only open it by clicking on the University button in origin even though a) I have a physical copy of University and b) have both Movie Stuff and Into the Future (physical copies) so shouldn't I use one of those buttons? I basically have my launcher open all the time so I don't have to worry about it.
    I honestly could not tell you why any of that happens, but I would certainly say it's a bit off. I've never had any trouble with the launcher and my game; I used to just click the shortcut on my desktop for my latest game (I don't do anything through Origin, if I can avoid it). Now I have a different .exe shortcut thingy (super technical, I know) on my desktop to get into the game. If I want the launcher though, I still just click my ITF shortcut. I've found not everything auto-downloads and installs from the Store, although some things still do, so I'll usually need to manually click download and then my launcher pops up (slowly) as it should. I do know on my old laptop though, even before I owned much Store content, the launcher would sometimes take SO long to load that for a while I thought it'd stopped working. It was around then that I first thought I needed to build myself a good Simming desktop!
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    kellycot1 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having trouble with the Store? I came here to collect some more ads and keep an eye on the DD, and I keep getting Liam'd. Surely that turntable wall sculpture isn't that exciting!

Yup, was just going to mention it
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    I am also getting Liam'd.

I used to use the desktop shortcut and would rather not use origin, but that won't work now either. Only through origin. :(
  • Options
    Oh and @Sweet2 do you have a name you'd like to go by other than Sweet2? I can't remember if you've said or not. If you don't that's okay I'm just asking because I'm putting preferred names on my thank you thread.
  • Options
    XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    Oops, also getting the Liam page
    Came back to check for ads before bed. I was hoping to get just a few more for that Hollywood set. Been zapping some stuff from my list lately now that I have so much time between deals.

Wonder if they are starting a new list? I might have to brush the dust off of the thread I put together for it XD
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • Options
    I've been wondering about the DCCache files, would it be possible to, say, install 10 items, move the created file, install another 10 items, give the new created file a different number and move it to where the other file is, continuing this until all is installed and then move the files back to DCCache or wouldn't they work if they didn't have the original file name?
    Oh and @Sweet2 do you have a name you'd like to go by other than Sweet2? I can't remember if you've said or not. If you don't that's okay I'm just asking because I'm putting preferred names on my thank you thread.

Never mentioned it but it's okay to call me Mi or Mies :) short for Michelle (I don't think my sister will ever be on the forums with this account)

• Options
    missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited September 2014
    @ Spreadsheet team - I can clock in now. Sorry I am so late today. My mum (who I am a carer for) had a fall the other day and broke her wrist and knee and I have been helping her a lot more lately so I haven't been getting much sleep. I decided to have a nap for like half an hour then I woke up 5 hours later. But I am here now and ready to update :)
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Page is back up and I got an ad right away :D

• Options
    Mine is back too and doesn't look like a new list yet.
  • Options
    PigDestroyer1978PigDestroyer1978 Posts: 163 Member
    edited September 2014
    one could hope though that since the old town starter kit is one of those weird double splice points that after the first one we might get a couple blanks... :o

EDIT: maybe not since they have different prices I see...
  • Options
    one could hope though that since the old town starter kit is one of those weird double splice points that after the first one we might get a couple blanks... :o

EDIT: maybe not since they have different prices I see...

It's Sunday though :(

• Options
    I just saw that @SimGuruTatertot was on the forums yesterday (technically the day before now since it's so late, the 19th) but didn't make any comments. I suppose that means she hasn't disappeared completely, and I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.
  • Options
    @Catherine - You deserve the nap. I have updated to the beginning of Cow plant arcade machine. I will clock out now.

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    tiddlestiddles Posts: 14 New Member
    @sweet2 Yes, it is possible to install that way. Try to keep each one around 200Mb. Worlds ,compilations, I installed one at a time. I have not had any problems. I don't recall what forum I found the information on.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Thank you @tiddles, that makes organizing stuff a lot easier and will avoid a slow launcher when downloading or wanting to install/re-install. Wouldn't avoid a slow launcher when you want to play and are somehow unable to bypass it though.

Hmm, the highest file I have is 256 MB, must be around the max, most are around 220

• Options
    awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    @frozenorangejuic That sounds as if one of your eps is like the newer version of the base game. I also need to open the launcher before I can install anything, because, even if I chose the launcher as the program to handle sims3pack files, only Origin will pop up, if the launcher isn't opened before downloading or doubleclicking the file.

I think this is normal for the newer versions, though. The launcher simply can't be opened without Origin, as the newer versions absolutely require Origin unlike older DVD versions, which could be run without it. Unfortunately those aren't for sale anymore. I found this information here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2014/02/sims-3-base-game-versions.html

I guess as I need to open Origin in order to even launch the launcher the usual methods to bypass it, just won't work. I really hope they keep the launcher working and don't break it completely like they did with TS2, because then I couldn't play my game at all.
  • Options
    strangeseraphstrangeseraph Posts: 369 Member
    Having missed the bakery, it'll be awhile before anything comes up for me that I don't have. Maybe a single item here or there. So I'm just gonna hoard my points and click on all the ads I can. The Bakery, Grandpa's Grove and Prism Art Studio are all on my list of things to get. Awhile yet anyways, days and days and days. Blah. :P
    Jenny

Doop Dee Doop
  • Options
    bcsmasbcsmas Posts: 272 Member
    Old Town Starter Kit ended at about 10:10 am EST
  • Options
    MooshygirlMooshygirl Posts: 119 Member
    edited September 2014
    My launcher doesn't open automatically at all anymore. Like if it's not open and I buy something it won't install, I have to open it manually before I buy something or open it then install it from the purchase history. Oh and I can only open it by clicking on the University button in origin even though a) I have a physical copy of University and b) have both Movie Stuff and Into the Future (physical copies) so shouldn't I use one of those buttons? I basically have my launcher open all the time so I don't have to worry about it.

This is weird. i am having similar troubles and i also get alot of script error notifications. Often i am kicked out of the website and have to log in again when a download fails/stalls. Its very glitchy lately
  • Options
    MooshygirlMooshygirl Posts: 119 Member
    missy2311 wrote: »
    @ Spreadsheet team - I can clock in now. Sorry I am so late today. My mum (who I am a carer for) had a fall the other day and broke her wrist and knee and I have been helping her a lot more lately so I haven't been getting much sleep. I decided to have a nap for like half an hour then I woke up 5 hours later. But I am here now and ready to update :)

Sorry to hear that.I hope she will be ok and heal well. Yous are a good "kid" to take care of her. <3
  • Options
    @missy2311, sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she has a speedy recovery and that you will be able to rest up a bit soon.

Mid Century Modern Kitchen Marvels ended at 11:28 am EST
  • Options
    @spreadsheet team - I am available now to clock in.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Whimsical Desk ended at 11:53 am EST

ETA:
    I dunno if it really matters or not, but I guess just in case, there was a price change to the desk as well. It's now 43 sp and was 53% off
  • Options
    wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    Looks like the site is working fine again. :) It wasn't last night when I was point hunting. I guess the problems last night weren't because they were changing to the new dd list since it still on the old one.

How do you put food dishes in your sims inventory? I haven't figured that out yet to complete opportunities or to bake stuff at home and then go to my bakery and add the stuff to the shelves to sell.