Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Townie generation issue/bug?

pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
Regarding this post ( @SimGuruGrant, "there seems to be an issue with too many Townies being generated. We're investigating that now"): Could somebody elaborate what exactly that "issue" is?

I (and several other people) have been trying to turn off townie generation, so far nothing has worked -- it would be very helpful to know more about this so we can tell whether we're doing it wrong or whether it should work and only doesn't because there is a bug or something right now.

Also, is there any place at all where known bugs are listed? Other than 3456-page chat threads?
Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
Post edited by pbox on

Comments

• LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    I see this is from several days ago so not sure if you are still looking at this or visiting this thread. I've been tracking this bug for several Sim weeks because it's causing longer loading screens. The more random townies the game generates, the longer it takes me to go various lots.

Here are some links from when I asked in Guru thread about this and the response:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12697590/#Comment_12697590

The response:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12697764/#Comment_12697764

Here is somebody asking a question that I believe is linked to the overzealous unplayed townie spawning. This question was ignored (probably because it's already been asked).

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12707332/#Comment_12707332

I'm happy to see that they are looking into this since it seems to be related somehow to the culling of played Sims, IMO.

And here is a quote from where I have posted some of my findings from testing my own game and trying to recreate this culling, I have been unsuccessful. I can't get the game to stop spawning Sims and I can't get it to delete anybody. At one point, there were over 310 Sims in my played and unplayed bins combined. Clearly, there is not some set limit of 180.
    I've been testing the game for 5 Sim weeks, I created the game with a brand new game. I deleted the Sims 4 folder to completely start over. I play with aging off and fill households turned off. I am trying to recreate the stop point where the game starts culling played Sims. If my information helps you in anyway.....here you go.....

Week 1
    -I have 99 Sims in the unplayed Sims bin and most of those have maxed skills (I was trying to see if I could force the game to use them instead of spawning new ones and it did for bartending and the bar comedy/musical stuff)
    -I have 18 Sims in the played bin.
    -The game generated 9 new single Sims with 1 being ID'd as a mailperson and 1 as a gardener

Week 2
    -Nothing changed in the bins, nobody was removed
    -The game generated 15 new households. 1 was ID'd as a homeless Sim and 2 are gardeners. It also spawned 2 households of single female Sims with a child.

Week 3
    -Nothing changed.
    -Nobody was removed.
    -No new Sims were spawned.

Week 4
    -No Sims were lost
    - 18 households were created and they are all single Sims, none have been ID'd as a role type Sim. They are all the random walk-bys. This seems to be the issue, the game continues to create Sims to walk past the house. It pulls some from the bin but it spawns more than it pulls.

Week 5
    -Nothing changed.
    -Nobody was removed.
    -No new Sims were spawned.

The tally so far is 159 Sims in my game and doesn't seem to be showing any signs of stopping.

I have checked on both Wednesday at 230 am (some have said that the events are triggered at 2am so I gave it a little time to make sure it happens) and on Thursday at 230am (coding has been found that seems to indicate that this happens at 2am). I have also checked on Tuesdays at 230 am just for a random date. Spawning happens on all days or not at all that week. There doesn't seem to be a set date for the spawning.