Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lynnwood's ISBI Challenge Rules for TS4! - 3/15 Growing Together Rules Update!

Comments

• MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    This hasn't happened, but I was wondering -- what if the Torch Holder dies before his or her child becomes a young adult? Is it an end to the legacy, or do you get a child or teen Torch Holder?

Incidentally, my twins aren't doing their homework at all, either. Still at Cs, though.

If your TH takes other family members to a public lot, you can bring them back without using a free action. Send the Torch Holder home, then click on him or her. Click on the little icon in the "away" members picture, above the house icon. You should get a choice of actions, one of which is "bring sim here." The sim will arrive immediately, without a loading screen.
  • LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    @MVWdeZT - Hmm. I think, if the heirs have been born and the TH dies, you'd then have to decide who the next TH is and start controlling them, whichever age-stage they're at. So yes, the challenge wouldn't necessarily end unless your TH died with no heirs.

Sad to hear about the homework. I swear my legacy kids have done theirs autonomously before . . .

And yep! That's a perfect example of how to herd all your sims together. Either that or choose "Travel With..." from the TH's phone and select all family members and then the home lot. That way everybody travels together.
  • MokimboMokimbo Posts: 38 Member
    As a micro-manager this challenge is tough!! My Sims are constantly walking in on each other in the bathroom and it is driving me crazy. I actually yelled at TH's little girl because she walked in right as one of them was about to use the toilet, and they stopped because of it and peed their pants. SO MAD lol.

I've only had two children so far and the the little boy did his homework one time autonomously, when he came home from school focused, and that was it. He's come home from school focused a few times after that but never did his homework again. I miss being able to tell the kids to do homework, or go to bed, or work on skills. I also miss that they don't autonomously answer their phones anymore! 2 of my Sims have their phone ringing off the hook most days and it's annoying lol.

I am enjoying this challenge though, thanks for posting it! Some of the stuff they do autonomously is hilarious, and I would never have noticed it because I never let my Sims do anything for themselves :p
    @Mokimbo - LOL! Ah the trials and tribulations of a micro-manager playing an ISBI . . . I'm right there with you. :P I'm glad to hear you're having fun with it (despite the stress). Good luck in the future! And keep me posted. :)
    I've started a blog about my ISBI -- Koehlers' Kraziness. Here's the link: http://mavitasims.blogspot.com/
  • FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    Bookmarked this to try after my legacy. :D
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
    @MVWdeZT - Woot! *runs off to read*

@FloorRaisin - Yaaaay :D Keep me posted!
  • Solar_CatSolar_Cat Posts: 104 Member
    The thought of doing this challenge is both scary and exciting. I am totally a micro manager, but after a while, trying to get 5+ sims to do what you want them to do without constantly walking in on each other in the bathroom is *exhausting*. This could actually be very freeing for me, LOL.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fuuuurrrr....

Stella Terrano's Legacy:
    www.terranolegacy.blogspot.com
    Plum It!: An ISBI Challenge:
    www.plumitisbi.blogspot.com

Origin ID: SolarCat85
    Well I just took control of my Generation 3 Torch Holder and I still have most of my hair! I finally had a child/teenager who did some homework! He had the genius trait given to him as a child, and I think he's done homework about 6 times throughout his entire school career. I wish I could post pictures, I have a pretty funny one of the Grim Reaper rubbing my TH's pregnant belly, and one of the teenagers with the Evil trait smiling while his father was dying while the rest of the family cried. Funny though, because every time he visits the house now he goes out and mourns at the grave!
    @Solar_Cat - Haha! I found it was kinda freeing for me as well. When I went back to playing a regular legacy I felt overworked having to baby all of the sims, lolol.

@Mokimbo - Congrats!! OMG I'd love to see Grim rubbing the belly, lolol. Keep posting and you'll get that Member status in no time. :P

I think I'm going to make some changes to the scoring. Trying to make it a little easier to earn some points. Check the first post for details! :D
    @Lynnwood -- thanks for making the change -- that helps!

Chapter 1 -- Teen Years -- of Koehlers' Kraziness is now up. The link is in my siggy.
    @MVWdeZT - Woot! :D *runs off*
  • AJLOVER01AJLOVER01 Posts: 120 Member
    So going to try this challenge tonight. My legacy challenge is getting boring.
    @AJLOVER01 - Woot! Good luck and happy simming!
    Ok so my sim is now the girlfriend of J Huntington, well this is going to be interesting, not even a sim day and already a fire!!!
    Alright, I'm losing some hair here! Trying to interact with these baby bassinets is driving me insane. Every time the baby is crying, another Sim in the house will want to interact with it, and my TH can't override it. So then I have to get my TH to interact with said Sim to get them to leave the baby alone, and hope to Watcher that a different one doesn't decide to mosey over to check out the crying baby before I can get the TH to take care of it. SO PLUM ANNOYING. My TH was in the house at the computer when the baby started crying. I immediately had her stop and go over to feed him. She gets into the nursery, and then can't do anything because her other child is coming in from outside to "help". I am not going to lie, I cancelled his action because I was so darn frustrated. How does it make sense that the mother is standing right in front of the bassinet and can't do anything because someone else (a child no less!) from the other side of the lot magically heard the baby crying. It wouldn't be so bad if they actually got the baby to stop crying. But the kids can't do ANYTHING to help, and if the baby needs a diaper change not one of my dads can figure it out! They'll bounce them, shush them, and feed them, BUT NO DIAPER CHANGING! lrkngdnbpkngkgtnapzvml;g. /endrant

Whew.
    @Mokimbo, I know the pain. My TH threw a party to help with her mixology requirement, but she had a baby in the bassinet upstairs. the baby slept through most of the party but woke up hungry. One of the guests went up to play with it and change its diaper, but she couldn't get to it to feed it. She finally fed the baby, but she didn't serve enough drinks at the party.

Anyway, Chapter 4 -- Parties and Babies has been posted.
    Oh noes! Man that does sound like a headache. In my Goth family ISBI for TS3 my TH usually had to fight Bonehilda for the babies (she was obsessed), but the queued action would usually cancel (or at the very least prevent) any further interference. Weird that it doesn't work the same in TS4 . . . might need to make some adjustments if this continues to be a big problem for a lot of people.
    Well nothing exciting has really happened since the fire, except for when my TH wanted to get engaged and J. Huntington turned her down twice but he's happy to be her boyfriend.

They have 2 kids now.

Here is my TH Amber Glass
    FbIwNXW.jpg

Fvmx5HU.png

Here is J. in all his buffness.
    NoRsRxg.png

Here is their oldest child Jason, he's looks just like mom.
    gIKyJsf.png

Here is Jessica, I think she looks like her dad.
    nfC8xVb.png

And here is J. and Jason having some father / son bonding.
    i6g5NAq.jpg
    edited September 2014
    @Lynnwood, I need some clarification on the scoring -- NTH maxed skill, worth 10 points. Does the former Torch Holder count as an NTH if he reaches the 10th level of a skill after his child becomes the TH?

@AJLover01, you've got a good-looking family!

Chapter 5 of Koehlers' Kraziness has been posted. The link to my story is below.
    @AJLover01 - Aww yay! They look great! Boo on J for not accepting the proposal but at least he makes a good daddy.

@MVWdeZT - Yes, it counts for points because he maxed it on autonomy. :)
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    edited September 2014
    I've just started this challenge as a break from my legacy!

This is Eva and this challenge will probably frustrate me SO MUCH once I get another sim in the house...
    09-25-14_12-09%C2%A0AM.png
    You can follow the posts here.
    Post edited by Meggles on
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    @Megg87 - Wooo! Good luck! *runs off to check out posts*
  • jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    Thanks for posting this! I just started my first legacy so I will definitely be trying this once I get through that. I can't wait to try this out. I'm sure I'll be pulling my hair out as everyone is peeing themselves and passing out on the floor.
    Just posting a bit of an update.

I'm surprised how well the others take care of themselves :o

Just a little family time.
    Zj3BGKf.jpg

J. playing the sea monster.
    D66jImQ.jpg

llNIznj.jpg

Jessica decided to do situps in the library. :D
    dwc3M9p.jpg

Jason is now a teen, looks just like mom but I think he may got dad's forehead.
    9lShOcF.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top