Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

beautiful, basic or ugly sims?

What do you like to create?

Beautiful sims with perfect hair and makeup and fashionable clothing.

Basic sims that just look like the everyday person.

Or ugly sims with plummed up hair and disastrous fashion choices.

I make mine beautiful <3
I'm the queen bee

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I prefer creating everyday persons.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Peacocktail18Peacocktail18 Posts: 89 Member
    Beautiful..Of course! But ugly sims are pretty fun from time to time. I tend to only make simple looking sims when I know that I will not be in control of them most of the time.
    qWTILUF.png

• TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    I try not to aim for beautiful since I suck at them, but people tell me my sims are gorgeous anyway. Not sure if they're just trying to make me feel good about myself or if I actually do create beautiful sims
    // take me back to 2018.
  • SlyStarDustSlyStarDust Posts: 341 Member
    Most of mine are beautiful, with some having a few unfortunate noses or a few too many cupcakes. Then I create one or two really weird sims just for laughs.
  • LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    I make some sims cute and others I make hella basic. Some I make chunky and some I make skinny. I like variety in my town. However, I generally only play with the ones I deem "cute" or "average but has something special to him/her".
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • I_Luv_LindsayI_Luv_Lindsay Posts: 294 Member
    Do any of you use cc?
    I'm the queen bee
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    All of them. :)
  • MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    Beautiful, so I can live vicariously through them.
    44444.gif
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    beautiful, basic or ugly sims?
    Someone bought Sims 5?

I mean... I saw no beautiful or ugly sims in Sims 4... All are basic.
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Do any of you use cc?

Nope. I have never used CC. I find it quite ugly in my opinion.

I am not a modder type of person either (only mod in the Sims 3 is a hospital overhaul and a no blurry far distance mod on MTS on the Sims 4; I do not find NRaas on the Sims 3 really worth it, because EA's story progression works way much more better than the NRaas. Strangely, a full blown story progression is in the Sims 4 on my game... I think it is a bug. XD Many Sims have babies, get careers, promotions, etc. in the Sims 4 [same with the Sims 3 with EASP]).
  • KnightSlayer85KnightSlayer85 Posts: 70 Member
    I make beautiful and basic Sims. I haven't made any ugly ones yet, but I'm sure I'll get the urge to later on. Lol.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited September 2014
    I try to make a mix for my town. I like them all though. I like to check the different aspiration/trait emotions more to see how it affects them. Make them all to explore different aspects of the game more-so than a dollhouse.

ETA: No CC. I hope to not to have to use it this time. I like the look of the sims, but I need more hairstyles than what is currently available.
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited September 2014
    Do any of you use cc?

Depends on the style. I know a lot of creators tend to break the art style that was carved out for The Sims. Happened with TS2, TS3 and now TS4.

Me personally, I like content like "The Simsperience", they keep the sims 4 art style intact while offering a wide variety of designs to choose from.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    I use custom skin and eyes. I also use hair recolours, cc outfits (generally retextures).
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    My household is always filled with beautiful sims but the rest of the neighborhood is filled with a bunch of basic plumbobs. They don't matter because they gone die anyway...
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    I make all of them. I love filling my neighborhood with tons of different characters.

When it comes to the ones I play a lot, I like to have realistically nice looking sims with a bit of character. Pretty, but not perfect.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    Pretty, but relatable sims.
  • crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    In The Sims 3 I take an ugly male and and an ugly female in the simbin and play with genetics until a beautiful sim appears.
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
  • dadnboydadnboy Posts: 323 Member
    My sims are usually pretty or basic, with quirks.
  • JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    All of them really. However I did make a funny/ugly husband and wife just to see how bad their offspring would turn out. They have become my favorite family but the kids are pretty ugly. They had a boy first, he looks like his Dad, same red hair and facial features...Then they ended up with a set of twin girls, not identical. One is blonde like her mother and looks like her. The other has red hair and the face of her father. But I love them all regardless and have loads of fun just watching them.
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • KAMorris77KAMorris77 Posts: 50 Member
    Most of the time beautiful
    bug_crawls_on_screen_zps039756a8.gif
  • cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    real-life-barbie-family-and-friends18.jpeg?w=580&h=435

or

justin-bieber-arrested-miami-DIU.jpg

TL8ZBmw.gif
  • PlyrKttyKtKrnchPlyrKttyKtKrnch Posts: 61 Member
    Beautiful usually sometimes average
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    I usually just make average looking Sims.
    He/Him
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I have created sims who I've deemed "unattractive" but one of my friends will walk by my laptop and say your person is so cute. I'm like you're kidding right? (I say that inside my head but in reality I say "Aw thank you. It took a lot of hard work")
    1FKDfKj.png