Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gather Ye Rosebuds - a Neighborhood Rotation Blog

RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
Gather Ye Rosebuds While Ye May” is a neighborhood rotation game/blog that began in September 2014 when the Sims 4 was first released.

The story begins with my serial romantic named Scarlet Firecracker. She has a burning passion to woohoo! If you like stories involving EA premades like Don Lothario, Babs L'amour, and the Caliente sisters, they are all here! <3 Note: this is not a Legacy.

rosebudsims.blogspot.com/

Chapter List Table of Contents

I also have a YouTube channel where I showcase some of my Sims 4 builds and also do a few Let's Plays for Dine Out (playlist here) and City Living (coming soon!)

I've created a spin-off story called Detective Dina. Follow her career from Cadet to Chief! (Currently discontinued)
Click here for the Episode Index!
Detective-Dina-Banner-BLOG_zpsj4wfzbtm.png

Thank you for reading!

TS42014-09-0621-12-25-76_zpsb2fd1f72.png
Post edited by RachelRosebud on

Comments

• PeachesnDucksPeachesnDucks Posts: 1,537 Member
    Just finished reading. I love it. I'm so glad you got your blog up and going. Can't wait to read more. :)
  • Rainbow2Rainbow2 Posts: 83 Member
    Looking forward to reading more of this :) Sad to see your old thread go, but this seems like it'll be easier to update. Good luck!
  • RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    edited September 2014
    @PeachesnDucks and @Rainbow2 Thank you for reading, and taking time to comment. I appreciate it!

I have now posted Chapter 2! I'm kinda getting teary-eyed going back and seeing my older screenshots. Scarlet and even the whole neighborhood has come a long way. I can't wait to get to Dina's wedding. I love that part. <3 I will update my first post with the link to each chapter for quick access. If anyone has comments about the readability of the blog, please let me know. I hope it is a good font, etc. Thanks! Also, I'm trying to take time to read other people's stories. I want to be part of our Stories community! <3 I think we're all having quite a bit of fun, aren't we!? :) I just can't wait to get my blog caught up to where I am in the game so I can actually play again, lol.
    Chapter 3 and 4 are now up! <3 Thanks for reading.
  • capturedmusecapturedmuse Posts: 300 Member
    edited September 2014
    The fonts look great so far, I'm on my way to read chapters three and four now. :)

Ouch, Don's ego is probably not going to recover for a long time.
    Post edited by capturedmuse on
    edited September 2014
    @capturedmuse Thank you for your kind words! And thanks for reading!

Chapter 5, 6, and 7 is up now, with more romance drama, heh. I'm on a roll! :) And a baby shower/house party.
    edited September 2014
    Chapter 8, 9, and 10 are posted! Trying to get through this so I can actually get to playing again, lol. Dina's wedding is now posted. :)
    Chapter 11 and 12 are up!
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    I'm so enjoying these, Rachel! Love the smart and intelligent writing and approach to playing the game that you take!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    You are really making progress. I like the blog and layout, it's easy to read and follow. Thanks for sharing with us. :)
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    I'll be following from now on! :smile:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    @Rainbow2 @PeachesnDucks @capturedmuse @CathyTea @Megg87 Thank you guys for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate it - I know there's a million and one other stories out there. I think it's great so many of us are expressing all these various stories and ideas in so many different ways, with Legacies, and comics, you name it! It's awesome and creative. :)

I have Chapters 13, 14, and 15 now up. I'm having a blast writing and going thru all my screenshots. :) It's very addicting, lol. That's it for a while - back to work on Monday!
    Do you work as a writer, an editor, or an English teacher or professor?

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    edited September 2014
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Do you work as a writer, an editor, or an English teacher or professor?
    @CathyTea Aww, thank you for the compliment! I wish I worked as a writer! I've wanted to be an author from a very young age, but I went to college for math and somehow turned into a financial accountant! lol. The Sims is a very nice break from work! And if I'm not simming, I'm reading! GRRM's Game of Thrones is a favorite, or Diana's Outlander series. <3 With my blog writing, I'm just going for easy to read and pure fun! :)

I just noticed the following: no spelling errors, really nice and varied sentence structure, effective use of punctuation, great character development. In short, what it takes to be writer's writer! Thanks for sharing your work play with us!

@CathyTea took the words right out of my keyboard. :)

• FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    Fun blog! You're a fantastic builder, as well! :)
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
    Chapter 16 makes her debut! It's a picnic with the family and a mystery dollhouse-killer on the loose!

Thanks for reading! <3
    Wow Nina... just wow. :(
    and Efrain makes too good of a monster, he legit scared me.
    edited September 2014
    Chapter 17 is up! This one features Don Lothario and his new bachelor pad. He's rockin' the woohoo world (or not?).

Also, I started updating My Links Page to give exposure to other people's stories, mostly just the ones I read so far. Please check them out, but know it's a work-in-progress. <3

Thanks for reading and carpe diem!

Edit: and some random blog notes that fellow bloggers might find interesting. I figured out how to get rid of the white border around the pictures, and even how to make them bigger. The process to enlarge the pictures is a tedious task and so far I've only been able to retroactively fix Chapter 1 and Chapter 16, (and of course Chapter 17 and on will have it). I need to go back and do the others - over 400 pictures, ugh. But well worth the effort, since I am a picture-addict!!!! <3 Lol.

And just in general, I can't wait to actually play the Sims this weekend! I haven't ALL week and I'm seriously going crazy. I'm one chapter away from catching up my blog to where I left off in my game. Finally! Yay! :) OK, thank you and good night.
    Chapter 18 is up :)
    This one features Don again, and an experiment with jealousy. Thanks for reading and have a wonderful weekend.
  • Alyssia29Alyssia29 Posts: 128 Member
    I've started reading your story! Its great ! :joy:
    Rachel, great chapter! Babs is so cool! I love her attitude! Don's not worth getting upset over! I wonder if he would feel the same way if she had a little extracurricular fun?

Rachel, I'm caught up. Great chapters. I wanted to comment on some fun things. Don's makeover, very nice, he's looking hot. As for his pad he's living in, I love the view from his bathroom and I also liked the freezer bunny light. That's pretty cool. but that bathroom view, would love to have that myself. lol I laughed at the jealousy experiment, my thinking is Babs is just living it up for now she's got no concerns worries, she's playing him, like he's playing her. haha