Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wallin's World of Sims

Comments

• WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    Thanks fozzybear and rosemow! :)
    ENolan wrote: »
    Just a question, @Wallin: Is there any pitch black versions of those CC items? Although I have a higher chance of producing CC for TS4 than I did for TS3 or Skyrim (Still working on it!), I'd like to at least have that option available to me when I do download the CC.

Currently it's just the one color - although looking at a forum post on how to combine multiple recolors into one package, it should be doable. I'll take a look into that.
  • CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    Congrats on Darwin's birthday emergence from his chrysalis! It's cool to see all the CC and everything that went into creating him.
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I look forward to additions to Sims4 that will make me want to buy it and play it. I will continue to follow your threads so I can keep my eye on Darwin and all the girls and boys. You did a super job with him. (*)
  • Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    I can't find you at all on Origin, I tried #Wallin, WallinGaming, wallingaming, wallin as well as # before each Upper an Lower and nothing is coming up, I'm sad I love your Sims.
  • CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    I can't find you at all on Origin, I tried #Wallin, WallinGaming, wallingaming, wallin as well as # before each Upper an Lower and nothing is coming up, I'm sad I love your Sims.
    Just a thought - are you searching "Community: All" rather than just Maxis? For some reason it seems to default to searching only Maxis creations when you go on the Gallery....
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!

In addition to what Cogitotoro said, try searching for my Origin ID instead of by hashtag. I don't know if it's a known issue, but yeah, my hashtag doesn't show up anymore for some strange reason. I was able to search and find myself with the settings below.

AET6EbS.jpg
  • Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    Ah ok that worked for me, ty for the help
    edited September 2014
    Sorry to be neglectful of the Roster and new additions - I've become really consumed with playing with content and changing 3D models, mostly for personal fun and to fix a couple of the hairstyles that I don't like. However, I don't plan to post any other Sims with CC besides Darwin, so no worries there.

But the good news: eight new Sims will be coming to the Gallery on Wednesday! (Sorry for the delay, ran into some weird nausea issue this evening... went away, but I just wasn't in a creative mood at that point to finish the descriptions.)

VjSiuDd.jpg
    Left to right: Alyssa, Marty, Anita, Nikki, Harold, Julianna, Carmela, Fred

Alyssa is a bit of a diva. Marty and Nikki are both potential rock stars. Anita is a simple girl seeking the love of her life. Julianna is a librarian. Fred is fisherman who likes to be Mr. Fix It in his spare time.

Harold is a gloomy man who let himself go with a few tubs of ice cream after his precious Mittens left him for the mangy alley cat a few blocks away. Maybe you can cheer him up and put him back together!

Carmela originally had short, black hair, but when I showed her to my friend, she said she looked like a certain female criminal mastermind. Thus, she was named Carmela SanJose, the materialistic criminal who can't seem to stay in one place for very long.
    Post edited by Wallin on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    Darwin looks great! I wonder how long until you get 16,450 downloads on the TS4 version? I am going to watch your tutorial and load up the demo to try my luck again at creating Sims.

BTW, the picture on the right of the Sim on page 2, Paramourn, rbridges430, reminds me of Eva Longoria.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • gamerrecordtvgamerrecordtv Posts: 63 Member
    These are so amazing bro ! :)
    edited September 2014
    First off - thanks, everyone! :)

@Me1620 - Her photos were actually very pretty, although in the end I don't even know if she ever saw it since I don't think she checked her request thread again. Oh well. ;)

The new set of Sims have all been uploaded to the Gallery now, and their Roster photos and descriptions updated. Sorry again for the delay!

In regards to expanding the CC for Darwin, I still haven't really gotten to it yet. And the one time I tried to combine recolors, it didn't work, so I need to look into that. Also, Snaitf on ModtheSims was awesome enough to figure out how to unlock the fisherman and smuggler career outfits, as well as the Supervillain outfit including the boots that I really wanted to use on Darwin but was unable to figure out how (even now I still don't know how they really did it, the value they changed was beyond me), and I can also recolor it, so I'll probably be uploading that as well.

M8G5qPs.jpg

Speaking of MTS, I'll likely be making an account there in the future to upload CC to since it's a a lot friendlier and easy to find any stuff I make. Again though, Darwin is the only Sim I plan to use CC for, so anything else will just be for fun.

All I've got to say is, everyone stay healthy with all of the severe weather changes now that Fall is here. It's been in the 40s at night and mid-70s during the day, and I think it's just been kicking my butt lately. In addition to the random headache I had Monday, I've been having trouble sleeping, and this is usually the time of year when I catch a cold, so I hope to skip all that nonsense this time. Getting a flu shot next week, too. Take care of yourselves!
    edited September 2014
    The new sims and their background details are very nice! :) Simmers will enjoy playing them in their games, I am sorry that you are having trouble sleeping and that you have had headaches. I hope that you don't get a cold.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    David, loving the new Sims you are making. Hopefully they will be around when I get the game.(giggling) We need more emoticons on this forum.!! I will get it eventually. I guess I can't get into the Gallery with the Demo. ;) I love that you are doing your CC. You are the one that convinced me to add some cc to my game with the lovely items you used on my avatar in the video's. The new boots look super! I miss his wings though. I sure hope they will have some kinds of supernaturals soon. That will get me to buy the game for sure!!!!! Have fun. I've been busy this week so haven't watched any video's. I'm off this weekend and going to do some building on my world, so maybe can watch while I do that.
    Thank you rosemow and Sandi!

Yeah, I'm hoping wings make a comeback soon, or at least that someone figures out how to do the CC for them. ;)

In other random Sims news, apparently my #Wallin hashtag is working, but for some strange reason you have to go into Advanced and enable 'Include Unowned Content'.

ymIqYwU.jpg

This is silly on so many levels. First off, I own the base game and the deluxe edition, which is all the content that is currently available - so there is nothing I don't own. Second, they're all only using base game clothing anyway so that I wouldn't have to have people click the checkbox to begin with. Third, I don't know why I can see them all searching for my Origin ID without checking the box.

But fourth and most importantly, it's not even possible for me to upload a Sim to the Gallery with stuff I don't own because that would create some sort of paradox that would make the world explode - or at least my brain! :(

I know they're taking feedback on the way the Gallery search works, maybe it's something they'll eventually fix.
  • TziyonTziyon Posts: 120 Member
    > @Wallin said:
    > Hi everyone! Welcome to my collection of Sims! :) Some of you may recognize me from the Sims 3 forum, or perhaps recognize my avatar, Darwin St. Clair.
    >
    > Note: My Origin name is slightly different from my forum name, so if you're looking for me on the Gallery, you'll want to search for the hashtag #Wallin or the Origin ID WallinGaming
    > (Note: I've received a message from a user that the hashtag search isn't showing my stuff... it's not working for me, either. I also found that the Origin ID is case-sensitive. Way to be picky, EA.)
    >
    > (A quick shoutout to my friends from the DD forum and the Google group for constantly stopping by and giving me suggestions!!!)
    >
    >
    >
    > You can click on many of the photos here that link to full-sized versions, such as the one above.
    >
    > That's right, I've finally made a page for Sims 4 (sorry I never got around to making one for S3 in the end)! This is where I'll be posting my Sims as I make them. Especially now that the game is finally out, the list will continue to grow for a long, long time.
    >
    > Click on any link below to skip down to the post:
    > ~ Meet the Ladies ~
    > ~ Meet the Gentlemen ~
    > ~ Bonus Sims ~
    > ~ Videos ~
    > ~ The Return of Darwin St. Clair ~
    >
    > The current roster:
    >
    >
    > Updates:
    > 9/21 - Eight new Sims added to the Roster - Anita, Harold, Julianna, Fred, Nikki, Carmela, Alyssa, and Marty. Profiles and Gallery uploads coming tomorrow.
    > 9/19 - Happy birthday, Darwin! Added him to the Roster, uploaded to the Gallery. See this post for details.

I like your sims a lot. :) Looking at each of their faces, I see a story behind them. Perfect for those simmers who are totally into creating stories and legacies with their sims. :) Awesome work!
    DelVita A.

article-0-18C6F21800000578-529_306x462_zpsb34ef921.jpg
  • gamerrecordtvgamerrecordtv Posts: 63 Member
    boots are awesome :)
    Thanks Tzyion and gamer! :)

Someone on MTS made an experimental mod that supports up to 24 Sims in a household, so I spent all weekend building a giant apartment complex/dormitory, will probably be done tonight. As I mentioned before, I'll probably be making a build thread soon, and then its back to making more Sims since I still have about 80 townies to replace.
  • TziyonTziyon Posts: 120 Member
    You are very welcome :)
    Wallin wrote: »
    Thanks Tzyion and gamer! :)

Someone on MTS made an experimental mod that supports up to 24 Sims in a household, so I spent all weekend building a giant apartment complex/dormitory, will probably be done tonight. As I mentioned before, I'll probably be making a build thread soon, and then its back to making more Sims since I still have about 80 townies to replace.

DelVita A.

article-0-18C6F21800000578-529_306x462_zpsb34ef921.jpg
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    Why'd you call Sandy a house? "And nothing says perfect like BEING the biggest and most expensive house in the neighborhood."

:\ That's not nice. Though I'm sure it's probably a typo. Anyway, your Sims look good. Nicely done.
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • HunnysuckleHunnysuckle Posts: 12 New Member
    Wow all your Sims look fantastic!! Great Job!
    edited October 2014
    Why'd you call Sandy a house? "And nothing says perfect like BEING the biggest and most expensive house in the neighborhood."<br />
    <br />
    :\ That's not nice. Though I'm sure it's probably a typo. Anyway, your Sims look good. Nicely done.

Edit:
    Nevermind, I didn't get it wrong - that is exactly how I meant to write it. I was confused because you only linked one sentence.

"Sandy Henderson loves to entertain, but the key to a successful occasion is to host it in the perfect home. And nothing says perfect like being the biggest and most expensive house in the neighborhood."

Perfect in the second sentence was a repeated reference to home in the first, not to Sandy.
    Post edited by Wallin on
    Hello :) I have set up a thread where people can post links to their own Sims showcase threads. If you would like to post a link to your showcase thread I would be delighted if you posted your showcase thread link on that thread.
    The link is
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/795305/sims-showcase-links-thread#latest
    Wallin, your sims are lovely. Elly, Rita, Edea, Quinn & Serenity are my favorites! You have talent, that's for sure. Each sim is very unique.
    edited October 2014
    Thanks rosemow! I posted on your thread, wonderful idea!

And thank you, sneumann! They were a lot of fun to make!

In case anyone is wondering where I've been, way too busy with a million different things to make any time for Sims recently, and then I got sick this week. Silly fluctuating weather! As it is, I think today was mid-70s, and Monday will be like 40 degrees... bah. I'm like 80% better now at least. I thought it was a light case of the flu, I think it was just a cold. Hopefully I'll get a chance this weekend to continue working on a few special things. :)