Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

REQUEST: Home for Two Generation Legacy Family, 25K

My name is Owen Vanderbilt. I hope I came to the right place to ask for help. Last night when my dad, Lawrence, got home from work, he started tearing down our home! When I saw this, I mean - we tore down all of the walls and sold all of our furniture! My mom, Mallory, says dad is going through a mid-life crisis! My twin brother, Silas, and I need a house! Today is our birthday and we want to have a party! Dad tried building a few houses after he tore down the house, but he kept blowing the limited budget on a really posh kitchen or plants and trees.
owenv_zpsdd721f49.jpg

Now, now, son. I believe I have my act together. It may be true that I was spending too much on certain parts of the various rebuilds I attempted last evening. I knew that what we needed was available within our budget, but having lived in extreme poverty, even outdoors, for most of my young adult life, I can't wait for to enjoy a fully, functional, fantastic house. What is most important to me is that I have a home private office to utilize my some of my nice secret agent tools the government has given me. I have special elements I need to display - they give a special aura that leads me to focus. I enjoy the outdoors and would like a place to enjoy the weather and let some stress out on my punching bag. I have collected some crystals I would like to put near by to help me stay energized.
lawrencev_zpsb9195551.jpg

Owen and I are pretty good friends. We are both very creative, social and good at video games and typing. We are okay with sharing a room for now. We like to paint and play violin. Since today is our birthday, we are okay to receive an adult sized instrument and easel.
silasv_zps0b2d6226.jpg

I dearly love my husband. We were both leading busy lives when were blessed with our twin boys, Silas and Owen! I am a mixologist by trade and it is important that I have a bar for entertaining. I would love a nice kitchen as cooking is as much of a passion as special drinks. I know Lawrence has dreams of opulent grandeur for his descendants, but right now, we just need something to get through each day. Our old house was just a bunch of prefabricated rooms glued together and lacked a proper layout that was functional for a family of four. Lawrence and I were both getting fed up repairing all of our plumbing daily. I was shocked to say the least when he tore the house down instead of just replacing our broken items. What's done is done and we can only move forward.
malloryv_zpsf1dacfe0.jpg

Please help us. We need a house built on our current lot, Oakenstead. Lawrence purchased the deed to this land and we are unable to move. Everything except our plot must fit within our budget of $25,073. If I know Lawrence, I expect as he accrues more money in his pocket, he will want to do something similar - tear our house down and rebuild - but bigger and better. Maybe by that time he, or his descendant, will have more experience with building houses! So, we need something livable, attractive, and cheap! Is this even possible?

Thank you for your help!
The Vanderbilt Family

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    I enjoyed reading your very creative background details to the Vanderbilt family and to each of the sims, and about their need for a new home! :) It was great that you wrote about each sim with each of them explaining about themselves and their interests and their lives. Very nice pictures that you have posted of the sims. It was great to read about their need of a home, and what they need in it, and where they need it. Very nice presentation of the request for their home! I won't be making a home for them but will enjoy seeing the homes that simmers build for them. :)
  • Options
    CalisaneCalisane Posts: 61 Member
    The creative background you gave is great! I loved the way you presented what they need :)
    Origin ID Calisane
  • Options
    KraftySimKraftySim Posts: 277 Member
    Thank you @rosemow and @Calisane for the kind words!
  • Options
    22calprincess22calprincess Posts: 103 Member
    What a cute way to present your request! I've never opted to fulfill any special requests since I've never been the best builder but I'm inspired and tomorrow I may try my hand at it! No promises that I'll be able to achieve this but I think I'm ready for the challenge!
  • Options
    BlackRoseBronwenBlackRoseBronwen Posts: 471 Member
    Very cute way of requesting a build. I'm tempted, but I think I have a bit much on my plate...maybe if I clear some of it up. Maybe. Either way hopefully someone will get to it quickly! Can't have those boys having a birthday on an empty lot.
  • Options
    Yay - thanks, @22calprincess and @BlackRoseBronwen! I have been building in Build-n-Share this week as a distraction. Everything kept breaking in their home -like everyday!- and the layout was really just poo because I just threw rooms together in the beginning. I tried several times and kept spending all of my money in the first room or two! LOL... I know they are looking forward to a new home. :-)
  • Options
    cully_ccully_c Posts: 655 Member
    edited September 2014
    *house listing removed*

Ok, i think i messed up my pricings! there musy have been a real estate price drop while i was away... back soon! I think my career as architect and real estate agent will be short lived!!

I shall return!
  • Options
    Exciting, @cully_c! They are already on the lot, so as long as the build/buy mode total is $25k or less, it should work fine... I think? We're all learning together!
  • Options
    Yeah, that was my issue, I'd forgotten they already had the lot! So essentially I was $10000 out! I'm working on a new one now :)
  • Options
    burntcheese223burntcheese223 Posts: 1,157 Member
    I started a house for you! I have to finish it either later tonight or tomorrow but I hope to post it soon for you! I hope you like it when it is finished :p
  • Options
    Okay! This time! (I hope! My brain hurts :) )

I have a three bedroom house with family bathroom and the one en-suite. Large open plan living area. Front and back decking area!

Lawrence, for you there is a nice private office towards the back of the house and the back decking is the perfect place for the punching bag!

Boys, you each have your own room and there is an easel and violin ready and waiting.

Mallory, the kitchen is open plan and I have incorporated the bar into the layout so its great for entertaining!

Here goes (apologies for the pics, my camera skill leave a lot to be desired!)

The front outside..

6ozb5c.jpg

The back outside..

2rrtef4.jpg

Overview of the layout...

md11s2.jpg

Living and kitchen area. Here you can see the bar on the left...

kt8ya.jpg

The private office. I've added just a computer at the moment..

1409cu1.jpg

One of the two smaller bedrooms. This is the one at the front of the property...

dmbhn8.jpg

The master bedroom...

2rr73b9.jpg

No pictures of the bathrooms but they both have toilet, sink and shower.

The property costs $24,452 and is called the Marches under cully_c in the gallery.

Hope this interests you!

Whatever house you choose, good luck in your search!

• Options
    22calprincess22calprincess Posts: 103 Member
    @KraftySim
    I'm glad others are trying as well. I've been working on it since this morning and can't seem to produce anything worth sharing. I may need a little more practice :\
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @cully_c - That is SO COOL! Very spacious and looks like it could easily be added onto when they have more funds! It appears to have most everything they need. I know they can't wait to take a peek inside.

@22calprincess - Keep trying! No rush, as I am leaving for a weekend work trip tomorrow and won't be back until next Monday.

Until I am able to get in game to try them out, here are some pics of the Vanderbilt family exploring their neighborhood as they wait until the dust settles. Owen & Silas found a nice fishing hole. Lawrence was scoping out the local berries as a study for survivalism, and Mallory was jogging through town, meeting the neighbors.

twinsfish_zps63d48936.jpg
    lawharvest_zpsb8ac03c3.jpg
    malrun_zps5b0b6eb2.jpg

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Very nice pictures that you have posted of the family @KraftySim :) The boys look like they enjoy fishing. Lawrence and Mallory are enjoying spending time outdoors in the sims world.

Your home looks great! @cully_c :) Very nice exterior of it. Great back patio. It is great that that you have placed the punching bag there to use outdoors in the air. Great layout of the interior of the home. Sims will enjoy having a drink from the bar with their meals.Mallory will enjoy making her drinks on the counter. It is great that you have placed the easel in the boys bedroom for them to enjoy painting in their room. Lawrence will enjoy sitting at the desk table in his private office using his computer.
    It is a great home!
  • Options
    @cully_c - Thank you very much for the lovely home! Silas and I were finally able to celebrate our birthday! We are very much enjoying life at The Marches! Here is a snapshot of us meeting our neighbor, Douglas Curtis III.

meetingdoug_zps5d6828a1.jpg

Yes, we are just as grateful, @cully_c. The misses and I were able to enjoy the home as well! LOL! I moved my special spy desk in and will have some pictures up once we have made enough money to make the house our home. We are ever so thankful and if you ever need an investigation done on any sim in Willow Creek, just reach out to me!

law-mal_zpsc83c7ea7.jpg

In case you were wondering, the twin's traits were randomized and they ended up with the following:
    Owen - Aspiration: Bodybuilder, Traits: (High Metabolism), Neat, Genius
    Silas - Aspiration: Party Animal, Traits: (Gregarious), Self-assured, Hot-headed
  • Options
    I was hoping to be able to build something to suit you all and i'm glad I seem to have managed! I hope you enjoy your new home!