Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fun with Curves - What to do with...?

AsanteAsante Posts: 1,812 Member
edited September 2014 in The Sims 4 Lots
Today I was fiddling around with the rounded deck tool and this is, what I came up with.

TKRDMe.png

Now the thing is: I sort of find it cool, but cannot think of anything to actually do with it.
Maybe someone else has ideas, so: What would you do with decorative elements like this?
I'd be happy about screenshots ;)

EDIT: I've uploaded the two rooms I worked with to my gallery: asante81
They're called "Leafy One" and "Leafy Two" If anyone wants to experiment with it...

Comments

• ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited September 2014
    That is SO lovely! If it is decking, it would need stairs..but flat it would make an outstanding centerpiece for a park. Specifically, I think it would be a great park for Oasis Springs. :)
  • AsanteAsante Posts: 1,812 Member
    edited September 2014
    Hehe Ruth... funny thing is: After I posted this I had the idea for:

xdR0H4.png

Still not very usable but very decorative... something like the center of a park maybe? If you stretch it out you could walk through, bigger fountain in the middle... hmmm...

EDIT: and better choice of floortiles, fence and terrain paint of course... *laughs*
  • ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    I would just delete the fencing and make it a central plaza area...palm trees at the corners...some benches...fountain in the middle. You could even fill in the grass area between the orange and the blue with a contrasting terrain paint. :)
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    Omg, this is beautiful and so creative! I agree that it would look great as the centerpiece to a park, or as the entryway to an art museum since it's a work of art in itself. Wow, lovely. :)
    KGLsNuM.jpg
    edited September 2014
    I would just delete the fencing and make it a central plaza area...palm trees at the corners...some benches...fountain in the middle. You could even fill in the grass area between the orange and the blue with a contrasting terrain paint. :)

Sounds like a plan ;)

The thing is: I usually don't have the patience to turn something like that into something usable and presentable... ;)
    I just have ideas... Maybe I should open an "idea shelter", where people can "adopt" stuff like that to turn it into something decent... *laughs*

ahholladay wrote: »
    Omg, this is beautiful and so creative! I agree that it would look great as the centerpiece to a park, or as the entryway to an art museum since it's a work of art in itself. Wow, lovely. :)

Hmmm museum's a nice idea too... Now why do I think about something like an "open air museum"? Partial walls with paintings, sculptures, floor turned into art as well, water, benches, plants... sounds nice.
  • klaassenmklaassenm Posts: 67 Member
    Oh wow that looks awesome
    ~~ My Origin-ID is: MKLS1967 ~~
  • JBEAR1JBEAR1 Posts: 537 Member
    Great work! I have been making a curvy build today and they can be frustrating lol.
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    That is so creative! WOW! Thanks for sharing! :D
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    The decks look very great! You are very creative! :) Thankyou for sharing them as rooms! Simmers will enjoy using them in their builds! :)
  • FrutosoFrutoso Posts: 60 Member
    Looks amazing, good job
  • asphyxiateddollasphyxiateddoll Posts: 139 Member
    Agreed. It would be awesome for a central plaza area. Extremely creative idea.
    Digital Dollhouse Designs Lot Showcase
    Origin ID: asphyxiateddoll
    edited September 2014
    Downloaded, thanks for these. Been playing with them and the leaf one is actually really useful for deleting the flooring left behind when working with curves. Its just what I needed today, I couldn't delete the floor without deleting the curved fence. With this I can place it, delete it, then it leaves a nice path besides the original fence. Unless I'm missing some obvious way of doing it.
    You used fences to make shapes, I used your shapes to make fences lol.

edit. I'm an idiot. Using the small corner piece works the same way. At least I got there in the end, and had Fun With Curves. Which doesn't happen every day any more :)
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    Great job! Very creative and artistic. I think this will definitely be an inspiration to all the builders at ways we can use the landscaping tools.
    5sXtTqH.png
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    It's a lovely design, and would work very well in a park or on a grand estate, I think.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    Hey Asante, I made some cool shopping mall seating with your curves :) here is a pic. Work in progress.

09-20-14_4-04nbspPM.png
    JBEAR1 wrote: »
    Hey Asante, I made some cool shopping mall seating with your curves :) here is a pic. Work in progress.

Ha, didn't think of using them like that! Looks really nice. Sort of like a hybrid between something modern and something old fashioned. And very elegant.
  • ChandierChandier Posts: 104 Member
    Amazed. I didn't know you could even do that. O:
    14fcafd9-71de-4635-bdee-01614b7c5a6c_zps9rcmirvq.png
    Chandier wrote: »
    Amazed. I didn't know you could even do that. O:

I didn't either. I was actually trying to do something completely different and it sort of... happened... *shrugs*