Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need help with cc

ShingaraShingara Posts: 38 Member
Im trying to create a few new clothes for a celebrity sim. The problem im having is that the clothes need adjusting. So what im doing is getting the package from colour magic, converting with s4pe, loading on photoshop elements and trying to edit. But what is happening is that the background turns green, when i remove part of the clothing then the background becomes white from the part i have removed.

Now if i fill this in or not, the part that was removed stays white or the green colour i have used to fill in the blank that is taken from the surrounding area acts as cloth in the clothing.

I have seen the guide using channels but elements doesnt have channels so this option is not available to me, i tried a work around by outlining the clothing item, creating a new layer and to place this onto it and then removing the bottom layer as im assuming its the mesh thats causing the problem.

In the nvidia preview it looks fine when saving over in the 2d and 3d preview, so i then go through the steps to turn from a .dds to a .package and this is where it hits a wall, the preview in s4pe only shows the alpha background and when i test it in sims 4 studio or in game the top is actualy now transparent.

So im stumped.

Comments

• ShingaraShingara Posts: 38 Member
    Just thought i would give an update, i have figured out what was wrong so hopefully if others run into this problem then this should give a little help. The problem was due to when saving from photoshop (which i now have CC which is amazing) in the Nvidia Tool it gives options on which .dds type you want to save as, the save option you require is the DXT5 ARGB 8bpp | interpolated alpha.

Now if anyone can give further notes on the save options in the Nvidia tool or infact what all the options actually do as i have looked high and low for a tutorial or even manual on this tool and have yet to find one.
  • shenice93shenice93 Posts: 150 Member
    You DDS settings should look something like this when saving textures.

25Dxis9.jpg

Swatches are saved as DXT1 No Alpha.
    Visit my tumblr for all my custom content creations: the-stories-sims-tell.tumblr.com