Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sending out a huge thank you!

JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
I just wanted to take a minute and say "thanks!" to all the great creators who are making such wonderful houses for the gallery! I d/l a few of them and they are spectacular! :)

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    The homes and builds really are very nice! I hope that your sims continue to enjoy living in the homes that you have downloaded @Jonalin :) Have fun simming! :)
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    You're welcome!
    5sXtTqH.png
  • JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    It's been fun! Thanks everyone for your creativity!
  • KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
    Aw, that's very nice of you! It's great that you would post a thread to thank the people building and sharing.

I was feeling a little disheartened last night. Maxis favorited a couple of my builds, which was great because I saw my downloads and favorites go up significantly, but it also brought with it a bunch of weird and some unkind comments. People posted things ranging from "I don't like this" to "Stop sharing" to "This is an ugly house." I have to wonder why anyone would take the time out of their day to trash something another person created with no constructive feedback but... apparently people do.

Ah, well, I didn't take it to heart. It was a momentary blip. All the same, thank you, @Jonalin, for saying thanks!
    Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

• VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    edited September 2014
    Glad you are enjoying the builds everyone has shared @Jonalin ^_^

@KaylyRed I saw your stuff faved by maxis and was so excited for you! :D I hear ya on the negative part of being faved/featured etc. The day it happened to me I actually got a bit sad when they insulted my simself/family. I took a minute composed myself and just deleted the super rude ones like "plum you" "go die" and racist comments etc. I left all the opinions alone, even the negative ones. I just disliked the unnecessary hate ones... I'm still getting comments but now it's trying to promote their own profiles.
    Post edited by Veriona on
    @Veriona Ugh, those are such despicable comments. I'm sorry that happened to you, too. A couple people said negative things but actually offered feedback (like, "Needs more room for gardening," etc.) and I left those alone, too. But yes, I deleted the hateful ones. I guess it's the price of getting noticed. I much prefer a thank you like @Jonalin offered. I mean, if you don't have something nice or constructive to say, why say it?
    Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

• lovelylyssia095lovelylyssia095 Posts: 381 Member
    I hate that happened to you @KaylyRed and @Veriona :'( People can be really rude sometimes.
    23692626361_214389dd31_c.jpg
    Link to Showcase

Link to Gallery
    Origin id: avnewton
    Yes @Jonalin thanks a bunches from all of us <3

I got over it after I deleted them :D My DH actually found the rude comments about his simself funny lol so I ended up laughing it off with him <3
  • SimGuruHoutsSimGuruHouts Posts: 73 SimGuru
    Ugh. Lame that people feel the need to make those kind of comments. They're probably just jealous and looking to get a rise out of you. Forget the haters and keep on building!
    Wow really did someone just spam my simself family again after this thread with more racist comments? Is there a way to disable comments on uploads? I just don't want anyone else downloading it or reading it getting offended. Such rude people!
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Maybe there needs to be a "plum" filter in the gallery as well? :unamused: Disappointed in rude people right now...
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    It's the conundrum that artists of any genre deal with. When you put yourself or your creations out for the world to see, you'll get negative responses no matter what. You just can't let them affect you because there will be people out there that love your work and those are the ones that matter. The fear of negative response is what I believe keeps most of us from doing great things in our lives. Plum the haters! :smile:
    5sXtTqH.png
    KaylyRed and Veriona, ignore the haters. Bleh! :::eyeroll the trolls::: Stay positive! Your builds are lovely :)
  • lym81lym81 Posts: 341 Member
    KaylyRed wrote: »
    Aw, that's very nice of you! It's great that you would post a thread to thank the people building and sharing.

I was feeling a little disheartened last night. Maxis favorited a couple of my builds, which was great because I saw my downloads and favorites go up significantly, but it also brought with it a bunch of weird and some unkind comments. People posted things ranging from "I don't like this" to "Stop sharing" to "This is an ugly house." I have to wonder why anyone would take the time out of their day to trash something another person created with no constructive feedback but... apparently people do.

Ah, well, I didn't take it to heart. It was a momentary blip. All the same, thank you, @Jonalin, for saying thanks!

I've had a few comments like that on mine too, just ignore them they're probably just jealous :p
  • TheMatteo0TheMatteo0 Posts: 509 Member
    lym81 wrote: »

I've had a few comments like that on mine too, just ignore them they're probably just jealous :p

Yeah you always get a few people who are rude, but I don't mind them too much, as there are always many more people who are kind and friendly :)!
  • SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    A huge thanks from me too - the creative corner is one of my fave places to go! Some of you already know that :)

And to echo SimGuruHouts - forget the haters - we know you're awesome so keep the lovely builds coming - SHOW IT OFF!
    A huge thanks from me too - the creative corner is one of my fave places to go! Some of you already know that :)

And to echo SimGuruHouts - forget the haters - we know you're awesome so keep the lovely builds coming - SHOW IT OFF!

Totally agree!
  • 22calprincess22calprincess Posts: 103 Member
    @kaylyred you're the first builder I started following and your work is awesome! I love the attention to detail and the charm in all of your homes. I have a lovely couple living in one of your Martha Washington homes. I modeled the matriarch after a porcelain doll my grandmother had made that was of Martha.

@Veriona Sorry about the haters :( :virtual hug: I can't wait to check out your builds when I get home from work. I'll leave positive feedback only. Some people really need to take mom's advice; if you have nothing nice to say zip it! (paraphrased :p )
    @kaylyred you're the first builder I started following and your work is awesome! I love the attention to detail and the charm in all of your homes. I have a lovely couple living in one of your Martha Washington homes. I modeled the matriarch after a porcelain doll my grandmother had made that was of Martha.

@22calprincess - I think that's the coolest thing that I've heard since I started playing TS4. Or any sims game, actually. It's one thing to see that people have downloaded a house, but another to hear that they're actually playing it and making a personal connection. Thank you! You totally made my week. :D

• 22calprincess22calprincess Posts: 103 Member

@22calprincess - I think that's the coolest thing that I've heard since I started playing TS4. Or any sims game, actually. It's one thing to see that people have downloaded a house, but another to hear that they're actually playing it and making a personal connection. Thank you! You totally made my week. :D

Glad to hear it <3

@Veriona Sorry about the haters :( :virtual hug: I can't wait to check out your builds when I get home from work. I'll leave positive feedback only. Some people really need to take mom's advice; if you have nothing nice to say zip it! (paraphrased :p )

I'd love to see a pic of your matriarch... sounds lovely!