Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Went back to Sims 3... man now THAT game was ugly.

Comments

• AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited September 2014
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    9206695_orig.png
    Those pics are either doctored or you have one heck of a graphics card.

Must be one heck of a graphics card because S3 looks the same here.

Seriously? Could you please tell what graphics cards will do this? I know I probably can't afford it, but I'd love to know.
  • KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited September 2014
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Elelunicy your trolling right, all i hear about you is saying plum lol. AC: Black Flag easy as pie, Crysis 3 easy as pie, BF 4 lol come again. All in Ultra Settings Maxed out. I am using sweet FX too if you know what this is.

Know that my Skyrim is almost bursting my PC and i am running a Highend Rig with 2x GTX 780 so SLI.
    Well i do use many ENBs for Skyrim, but if you can Mod Skyrim like this. You get awesome Graphics.
    Awesome graphics don't need to use SweetFX/ENB/other mods to get those oversaturated colors, werid bloom effect, and badly implemented depth of field. Check out these AC: Black Flag screenshots and see what unaltered graphics can look like.

And being demanding to run doesn't mean anything. Not to mention Skyrim is 32-bit only, dx9 only game (much like Sims 3/4) and it will never use more than 4gb ram or vram. You can't even play it @ 4k with 4k textures without crashing.

Alright didn't know that, don't have 4k or 5k i only play all on Ultra 1920x1080 and they don't look like this good. Because i only have one 1920x1080 monitor
    So okay i only use 2k Texture i am fair i am wrong your right, but still my Game won't crash.

And still some Modder can do. So you can play it with 4K Texture. Without Crashes cool right :P
    watch this Vid
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbByL1EUO4c
    And quess what its for free, if you have Skyrim.

So Skyrim is still awesome!
    And well don't say Skyrim looks hideous its just not right to say this, its a 3 year old Game now.

So i still disagreeing with you ;)

Edit: after some sleep i couldn't read it, so many miss typings lol so correction done.
    Post edited by KrayzieStryker on
  • psychotrip1psychotrip1 Posts: 237 Member
    Here's the way I see it

Sims 4 art style > Sims 3 art style

Sims 3 basically everything else > Sims 4
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12696591/#Comment_12696591
    As I've posted elsewhere - any feedback both negative (how else is the team going to know what you don't like?!) and positive are welcome - just no fights/flames/trolls and you're good :) thanks.

• loyallyroyalloyallyroyal Posts: 353 Member
    I agree with the sentiment if we could combine the s4 sims with the s3 environments things would be much better.

The art style of sims 4 to me, looks a lot like Rayman, it just doesn't look like it fits with the sims. Aesthetically in my opinion sims 3 is far superior, I hope we see less blurry/bad cartoon textures later in the series. Man though, I really just want an open world and a color wheel.
  • Eduardx123Eduardx123 Posts: 1,039 Member
    s4 has so much potential.........
  • JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    did you set the game to low?
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited September 2014
    AthenaOnyx wrote: »
    9206695_orig.png

Seriously? Could you please tell what graphics cards will do this? I know I probably can't afford it, but I'd love to know.
    I smell a cynical undertone in your post but anyway. I have an AMD Radeon HD6800 series card. I don't know the exact number right now and I'm too lazy to find out. Here are some screenshots for comparison.
    Screenshot-9.jpg

Screenshot-12.jpg

Screenshot-7%2520%25282%2529.jpg

Screenshot-6.jpg

Screenshot-8%2520%25282%2529.jpg

Post edited by Cyron43 on
    This space is for rent.
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Elelunicy your trolling right, all i hear about you is saying plum lol. AC: Black Flag easy as pie, Crysis 3 easy as pie, BF 4 lol come again. All in Ultra Settings Maxed out. I am using sweet FX too if you know what this is.

Know that my Skyrim is almost bursting my PC and i am running a Highend Rig with 2x GTX 780 so SLI.
    Well i do use many ENBs for Skyrim, but if you can Mod Skyrim like this. You get awesome Graphics.
    Awesome graphics don't need to use SweetFX/ENB/other mods to get those oversaturated colors, werid bloom effect, and badly implemented depth of field. Check out these AC: Black Flag screenshots and see what unaltered graphics can look like.

And being demanding to run doesn't mean anything. Not to mention Skyrim is 32-bit only, dx9 only game (much like Sims 3/4) and it will never use more than 4gb ram or vram. You can't even play it @ 4k with 4k textures without crashing.
    Yeah great screenshots. Can we get back to topic now?

This space is for rent.
  • uunochaauunochaa Posts: 4 New Member
    Yeah, when i went back I got so annoyed about the loading times, lag, bugs and robotic sims. It only looks good with cc and lighting mods because of the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 pudding face style S3 went along with
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    abe70280 wrote: »
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    G380_zpsd27c7a9b.jpg
    G312.jpg

No CC. Ugly?

Mmm don't wanna be rude, but yeah I don't like them without CC. You did a pretty good job for no CC though
    That's a matter of taste. I for one can't stand those cc Sims with a skin that looks like it's oiled and eyes that are ice cold looking and dead.

When was the last time you took a walk to the CC mall? Glossy skin went the way of the dodo years ago. It's been normalized now, the focus is more on the fine small details on the skin
    nkfcCmz.jpg
    No oiled up shine
    FTJOpj4.jpg
    Maybe by the neck area there's a bit of shine but the face and rest of the body looks fine, and that's something I'm willing to work with anyways
    HXuNFAM.jpg?1
    Even for females, no shine. Again that style went away a very long time ago.

Sorry, but the first two pictures definitely have unnaturally / deliberately oiled up skin. Also, that fake beard is LOLworthy. I assume it's supposed to look like a fake beard?

Denial is not a river in egypt

I agree. But why are you standing in it?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    AthenaOnyx wrote: »
    9206695_orig.png

I smell a cynical undertone in your post but anyway. I have an AMD Radeon HD6800 series card. I don't know the exact number right now and I'm too lazy to find out. Here are some screenshots for comparison.
    Screenshot-9.jpg

Screenshot-12.jpg

Screenshot-7%2520%25282%2529.jpg

Screenshot-6.jpg

Screenshot-8%2520%25282%2529.jpg

I like it !!
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    JasonPogo wrote: »
    Love Sims 3. Played it to death. But after spending so much time with Sims 4 wow is it an ugly game.
    4915723_orig.png

9206695_orig.png

2258878_orig.png

4123192_orig.png

9324314_orig.png

7416980_orig.png

3193462_orig.png

6042851_orig.png

(I love ugly)

Nice Mod Collection.
    edited September 2014
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Love Sims 3. Played it to death. But after spending so much time with Sims 4 wow is it an ugly game.
    4915723_orig.png

9206695_orig.png

2258878_orig.png

4123192_orig.png

9324314_orig.png

7416980_orig.png

3193462_orig.png

6042851_orig.png

(I love ugly)

Nice Mod Collection.
    You are wrong. I can confirm these are from an unmodded game. I don't use any graphics mod either (see above).
    EDIT: Now I know where you Sims 4 lovers come from. You never knew how beautiful Sims 3 can look.

This space is for rent.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    4915723_orig.png

9206695_orig.png

2258878_orig.png

4123192_orig.png

9324314_orig.png

7416980_orig.png

3193462_orig.png

6042851_orig.png

(I love ugly)

Nice Mod Collection.

That's nice. Have anything better to say?
    oh3cjs.jpg
    edited September 2014
    It's funny that people are posting screenshots. Those will get you nowhere because The Sims screencap feature takes high-quality renders of what's in front. Not what you see, is how good the graphics are.

Vanilla Sims 3 at Max Settings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ2CGH2KHwQ

Vanilla Sims 4 at Max Settings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpGws28kt1I

The Sims 4 looks better than The Sims 3. But that's only because of CASt. The Sims 3 would look better than The Sims 4 if it didn't have CASt, because that's what causes the blurry textures.

edited September 2014
    It's funny that people are posting screenshots. Those will get you nowhere because The Sims screencap feature takes high-quality renders of what's in front. Not what you see, is how good the graphics are.

The Sims 3 looks blurry as hell in game. Look at the textures.

The Sims 3 takes a good snapshot though.
    You are wrong again! The screenshots I took and the in-game graphics are identical! You forgot that videos like the ones you posted are ALWAYS downgraded because of the MPEG compression. Sims 4 has way less detailed textures and that leads to a less blurred compression at the same bit rate. Really, you cannot compare a video with the game. I wonder if you have ever played Sims 3 yourself. You should know the difference if so. Get yourself educated about MPEG compression.

This space is for rent.

Still looks better than TS4.

oh3cjs.jpg
    edited September 2014
    4915723_orig.png

9206695_orig.png

2258878_orig.png

4123192_orig.png

9324314_orig.png

7416980_orig.png

3193462_orig.png

6042851_orig.png

(I love ugly)

Nice Mod Collection.
    You are wrong. I can confirm these are from an unmodded game. I don't use any graphics mod either (see above).
    EDIT: Now I know where you Sims 4 lovers come from. You never knew how beautiful Sims 3 can look.

Yeah, my bad. I mean to say EP collection. Which is basically a collection of Mods (Modifications) to your game.
    bobyo2001 wrote: »

Still looks better than TS4.

Now i can see it its still better ^^
    edited September 2014
    4915723_orig.png

9206695_orig.png

2258878_orig.png

4123192_orig.png

9324314_orig.png

7416980_orig.png

3193462_orig.png

6042851_orig.png

(I love ugly)

Nice Mod Collection.

Yeah, my bad. I mean to say EP collection.
    Always something to nag about, huh? I'm so sorry we have EPs and you don't. Just let it go and have fun with Sims 4.

This space is for rent.

You are wrong again! The screenshots I took and the in-game graphics are identical! You forgot that videos like the ones you posted are ALWAYS downgraded because of the MPEG compression. Really, you cannot compare a video with the game. I wonder if you have ever played Sims 3 yourself. You should know the difference if so.

In-game screenshots are not though. Even Sims 4 screenshots are not actual ingame screenshots. The capture mode is not a true representation of the game.

Even if it looks that way. Print Screens would be more reliable.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    4915723_orig.png

9206695_orig.png

2258878_orig.png

4123192_orig.png

9324314_orig.png

7416980_orig.png

3193462_orig.png

6042851_orig.png

(I love ugly)

Nice Mod Collection.
    I don't do mods ;-)
    (except for nomosaic and I don't see any naked bums out there)

5JZ57S6.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

Yeah, my bad. I mean to say EP collection. Which is basically a collection of Mods (Modifications) to your game.
    Come again lol?
    What do I care? OP said he returned to S3 and was struck by the fact it's so darn ugly.
    I stated in that case I must love ugly. I never wanted to compare it to S4 or tried to compare basegames.
    I was merely posting some pictures to show what my S3 game looks like.
    5JZ57S6.png

Basically posting any ingame screenshots of either The Sims 3 or Sims 4 is pointless. Because the game captures the highest quality it can, and produces the photo. It doesn't just take an image of what you see.

Anyway, The Sims 3 would be better than the Sims 4 if the Sims 3 didn't have CASt. Notice how all the pictures of landscapes looks so good in The Sims 3? Because none of it requires CASt. Then Zoom into your Sims and Sim houses. Anything that uses CASt ends up being rough and often blurry and not in focus.

The Sims 4 has better world graphics, but the backdrops are hideous I've played both games on Ultra Settings, and The Sims 3 would win if they used presets instead. Everything about your Sim looks horrible, and all the buildings and objects look blurry as hell. Yet the Tree's, Water etc. in The Sims 3 look amazing.

I mean look at how good this looks:

BeachSunrise.jpg

Then look at how crap the houses look from the same poster:

MainStSchoolBus.jpg

Anything that doesn't require CASt in The Sims 3 looks much better than anything in 4. But the actual houses, objects and Sims in The Sims 4 have much quality.

Basically, if The Sims 3 didn't have CASt, it would clearly win.

Basically posting any ingame screenshots of either The Sims 3 or Sims 4 is pointless. Because the game captures the highest quality it can, and produces the photo. It doesn't just take an image of what you see.

Anyway, The Sims 3 would be better than the Sims 4 if the Sims 3 didn't have CASt. Notice how all the pictures of landscapes looks so good in The Sims 3? Because none of it requires CASt. Then Zoom into your Sims and Sim houses. Anything that uses CASt ends up being rough and often blurry and not in focus.

The Sims 4 has better world graphics, but the backdrops are hideous I've played both games on Ultra Settings, and The Sims 3 would win if they used presets instead. Everything about your Sim looks horrible, and all the buildings and objects look blurry as hell. Yet the Tree's, Water etc. in The Sims 3 look amazing.

I mean look at how good this looks:

BeachSunrise.jpg

Then look at how crap the houses look from the same poster:

MainStSchoolBus.jpg

Anything that doesn't require CASt in The Sims 3 looks much better than anything in 4. But the actual houses, objects and Sims in The Sims 4 have much quality.

Basically, if The Sims 3 didn't have CASt, it would clearly win.

I'd rather have CASt than pretty graphics.
    oh3cjs.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top