Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do YOU play?

So it's been a little more than 2 weeks of playing The Sims 4 whenever I could get around to it. Unfortunately I am already finding that I'm getting a little bit bored. I won't elaborate on that since this is not a rant-thread (there are enough of those as it is, lol).

Instead I want to hear how YOU play! What do you do to keep it feeling fresh, fun, exciting, challenging?

Comments

• JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited September 2014
    Game mechanincs exploration on my side.

I can't feel any kind of attachment to anything or anyone in the game so I'm playing it for the sakes of maxing all careers and doing all aspirations.
    Won't go for all achievements (as that is practically impossible anyway as plants collection is currently bugged).
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    I pay attention to their wants, level them up as much as possible......when that gets boring, I have them talk to people and hang out outside the house for a while. I still wish that we could tell the difference between teens and adults cause my teen sim went to the nightclub and found this really cool chick, yet no interactions as far as romance goes....that's annoying. Now I know what everyone was on about.
  • mommysimmermommysimmer Posts: 188 Member
    Right now I'm in full on legacy mode. 6 generations in, 4 to go! It's the farthest I've ever made it, because I usually get bored with the family.
  • RubeeSimsRubeeSims Posts: 560 Member
    Gainja wrote: »
    So it's been a little more than 2 weeks of playing The Sims 4 whenever I could get around to it. Unfortunately I am already finding that I'm getting a little bit bored. I won't elaborate on that since this is not a rant-thread (there are enough of those as it is, lol).

Instead I want to hear how YOU play! What do you do to keep it feeling fresh, fun, exciting, challenging?

I've been playing a story and having a lot of fun with it since I got the game :) Your possibilities/fun levels are only limited by your imagination ;) With Sims 3 I would always play one female Sim, get her a job, married, kids etc etc.. It was how I liked to play. It did get a bit boring though but that's my own fault for not stepping outside of the lines. Cos Sims 4 is a new game it's inspired me in all sorts of ways and I've been playing two brothers instead of a solo female and it's so much fun :)
    Tumblr
    Add me on Origin: rubeelovegood
  • ShutupandSimShutupandSim Posts: 124 Member
    Generally I play legacy style, but get bored of that quickly. I think I may just make a sim and turn aging off and see if I can't achieve all of the things before giving legacy style another go.
  • HattyLouHattyLou Posts: 430 Member
    I'm sort of switching between households, I'm at the moment quite into playing with my original Sim's daughter (she's just got married) and may start playing with the son in a separate household and start his family as well. I love with TS4 that I can just add a new household into the neighbourhood and play with them if I get bored of my current one. I like to dip into playing with my player bachelor Sim occasionally for something different from the 'family' households!

I just have not got bored of playing, I love this easy style of game where you can switch easily between households!
  • musicalkat8musicalkat8 Posts: 186 Member
    I usually start with a single person, get them married, have kids etc. Then with one of the children, I move them out when they become a young adult and play them as my main sim and max them out as much as I can, explore and generally do everything I can.

...if I get bored, I usually either build houses or create a separate sim and play around with some of the cheats a little (....motherlooooooode) lol
    Bah! I can't get my signature image to show no matter what! Help!

Music making, Sims playing, star gazing Zelda fan.
  • uunochaauunochaa Posts: 4 New Member
    I explore everything the game has to offer, remake my sims outfits and their house now and then and make up a story with a bunch of drama. Try making some sims and get attached to them because then you wont stop playing them. If you dont easily get attached to pixelpeople on a screen, just switch between households whenever it gets boring :)
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I usually start with a single Sim or a couple, have them get married, jobs, kids, ect. When the kids grow up, one of them stays with the parents and the others move out. The child that stays then repeats the cycle. The largest family I've had was 12 generations in TS2 and 9 generations in TS3.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • GainjaGainja Posts: 167 Member
    It was really interesting to hear everyone's input on how they play. I see I play similarly to a few of you, as in I play generation style a little aka legacy but without the hassle of keeping track of points.

@RubeeSims When you say you've been playing a story, do you mean you just go in and play one of the premades?
  • RubeeSimsRubeeSims Posts: 560 Member
    @Gainja No, I've created some Sims myself and given them a story, though they are friends/romantic with premades :)
    Tumblr
    Add me on Origin: rubeelovegood
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I'm still experimenting with it by playing a house full of 8 characters who are very different from one another. I originally put 6 people in the house. Four of them paired off and had a child each. The house is very busy. There's not much time to get bored.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Gawdfather1Gawdfather1 Posts: 601 Member
    edited September 2014
    I started a Cult.

the Attractive Female Sims are at my "Lair" they work and woohoo my Sim.

Every morning there's a lineup of Cult applicants who show up at my Sims door to woohoo and perhaps be invited in to live. The benefits of actually joining the cult are as follows:
    1) They get to work while my Sim mostly Watches TV or goes out fighting Sims in the neighbourhood
    2) They get to cook/clean/repair the House while not working or increasing skills to earn more.
    3) When they're old or no longer interesting they are removed from the lair and given a new house.

That is how I play my main save game. It's an exploitation Simulator. I only wish there was farming so I could get a proper Cult going. lol
    Banners.jpg
  • GainjaGainja Posts: 167 Member
    Haha, wow ...
  • Gawdfather1Gawdfather1 Posts: 601 Member
    Haha, wow ...

Emergent Gameplay. lol
    Banners.jpg
  • galaxyflier1galaxyflier1 Posts: 383 Member
    At first I just tried the romance thing and having a kid. However I thought trying to get their grades up was too much work, so I just went jumping from one household to another out of boredom. Now I have been playing with one Sim who is maxing their cooking, handy, and gardening skills. It's keeping me busy for the moment. It's hard to stay interested. I hate the collecting, just haven't been able to get into it. I think the hidden glades a bit weird for my tastes and the frog thing way out there. *lol*
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I am currently playing a "trio of simself" meaning I created "myself" 3 times, with small physical differences and each of them has different traits and aspirations because I do as well in real life, so I explore everything I am interested in.
    Now that I wrote it down I realise that I sound like a crazy person lol
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • galaxyflier1galaxyflier1 Posts: 383 Member
    *lol* No it doesn't sound crazy, you sound like your into psychology. Ok, did I spell that right?
  • cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    b6dlEPN.png

Normally
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • HazzaPlumbobHazzaPlumbob Posts: 2,455 Member
    edited September 2014
    b6dlEPN.png

Normally

Omg, is he simsturbating?
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Whatever there is do with my sim at home (I refuse to go out because of their darn loading screens).
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    To be honest, I'm a boring gamer. I get plenty of entertainment just out of creating Sims, making their houses, and taking care of them. In fact, I usually forget about all the extra stuff (like keeping up with work and school, lol oops.) I guess that's why I love Sims 4 so much despite the lacking of content; I didn't use all that extra content from TS2 (and even less in TS3) all that much anyway. I just need the houses, the Sims, and the ability to torture or pamper them as I please, and I'm all set.
    44444.gif
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I play a Generation Challenge, I did a A-Z challenge in sims three and made it to the 26 generations, just before the sims 4 came out. I am continuing with this family as have made the in Sims 4 CAS. I am now on the 3rd generation of the next A-Z generation with this family. they are called the Dexter's. I have fallen in love with this family. I love them even more in the Sims 4. They do not work with a job or career, they paint, write, garden, collect, Sims 4 has made them come alive so much. I do so many things with them that I never get bored or tire of them. I am excited as to how the family continue in the future.
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I have a couple of things I plan to do but first I will tell you what I am doing at the moment since that is the question. I am playing a Legacy according to Pinstar's rules and having so much fun that I am not doing anything else. How am I having fun? I am randomly rolling for children and my family had to have 5. She had twins and it was quite the challenge. Then she wished for another child so I gave in. So, 8 people in the first generation. Hard to keep up. Bills are tough. Aspirations are tough to meet. So, I guess it is the challenge for me that keeps it alive.

I also have a Rainbow family I remade from Sims 3 that will continue their journey in Sims 4. I just love the art style of this game and all the vibrant colors. They will start in a small house and build up. All their rooms will be made in colors of the rainbow including the house as each color gets added. I start off with a woman who is as white as I can get and her husband is as red as I can get. Then they have a child and the next generation I make a orange person. Their jobs are related to their color per generation so the first gen being red ..their jobs would all be things like Deviance- Public Enemy, Chief of Mischief, Astronomer- Smuggler, Criminal boss stuff like that. Orange would be Chef, painter ...and it continues.

I wouldn't mind trying that A-Z challenge that Evalen is playing..sounds fun. How do you start that Evalen? Like in the first generation I mean. Is it just on a lot, no house or what?

Then I want to revive the rags to riches challenge since now teenagers can be out after curfew and I don't know if they even need a parent. So a homeless teen is another way I am going to go and try to rise her family to riches.

Then, I have some other families I would just like to play to check out the different jobs and Aspirations and such. Just some folks I made in CAS that I have grown kind of attached to.

By the time I do all that I am sure more EP's will be out so boredom is not really a problem for me. Maybe one of these ideas will spark something for you.
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member

I take weeks first redoing all lots in town. I don't like TS4 build mode, so I use the gallery, but I tweak everything quite a bit.

Then I delete all sims and create a whole new population. I love CAS! I usually start off with sims from the Gallery, mixing them up with my own and playing with genetics.

At some point in October/November, I'll start Live Mode, with one family only, Legacy Style.

I use money cheats and make my sims heirs. I focus on family and love relationships. I dash of intrigue from time to time.