Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

That household you can't give up

Just wondering. Does anyone else have a household they're just never done with?

When I got University Life, I made a household of two sims just to test it out and see how it was. I was going to leave them after I finished at university, but I kept playing with them every now and then when I needed a break from my legacy. Somehow, they went from a test household for UL to a married couple that mastered eight skills and four careers between them, and purchased the most expensive house in Moonlight Falls. Their household funds are near a million. And no money cheats were used.

I thought I'd be done with them after buying that mansion, but nope. I placed the Prism Art Studio in Moonlight Falls to have one develop the Artisan skill and I'm also going to have them run a resort. I think it'll be a long time before I'm done with them.
752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif

Comments

• Options
    SimsDaydreamerxSimsDaydreamerx Posts: 99 Member
    edited September 2014
    I have a household that I played for a while and I'm still playing them now.

When I got generations and supernatural I made a female sim and had her start a daycare in Moonlight Falls (I was hoping that she would look after some supernatural kiddies :) ) then one of the fathers of one of the children came round and basically they fell in love and after that I couldn't stop playing with them. They are definitely one of my favourite households. :)
    banner2.png
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    The Plumbs have existed in some form since the base game. That's 5 years now, if you're counting. Lol
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    Toddly13Toddly13 Posts: 42 Member
    The Clavell family is definitely that family for me. I just couldn't let them go. Even when I had to reinstall the game due to some tech issues, I saved them. They started out as just a test to get to know some of the premades and test some mods at the time, and then it just kept growing.
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    I have been playing the same family since Base. They have lived in over 5 different worlds, most of which were user created and have extended their family across my saved files. They even been to the moon for a time. :smiley: I will player other family too, but this one family shows up in every game I start.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited September 2014
    My Walker Legacy. I couldn't give that family no matter what. As a matter of fact I'm still playing through their descendants and even while I was playing TS4, I remade the original founders (who i don't even have in my TS3 game anymore...forgot to save them). It's never a dull moment with the Walkers xD
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    paigex821paigex821 Posts: 23 New Member
    omg that household is so expensive. and yeah i know exactly what you mean. im so worried because i currently have 5 sims and i am going to need more than 8, but the limit ;-;
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    paigex821 wrote: »
    omg that household is so expensive. and yeah i know exactly what you mean. im so worried because i currently have 5 sims and i am going to need more than 8, but the limit ;-;
    There is a mod that lets you have more than 8 sims, but I'm afraid where to get it escapes my memory right now.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    meredisumeredisu Posts: 112 Member
    I had a really big legacy in my old game (lost the file when I got a new computer) but I played them for well over a year. Now I have a family of famous Greek and Roman sims. :D
    Simblr: meresimblr.tumblr.com
    <p><b>--Mere</b>
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I've had my family that I did a legacy/story on, and I've played them for 3 years now, despite cancelling the story, I just can't let go... I love them so much ♥ I'll be playing them as long as I'm playing TS3 I'm sure, and if I ever switch to sims 4 or a future sims (if one ever exists) I'll recreate them so I can take them with me. I have another I've had going for almost 2 years that I still love to visit occasionally can't get rid of them either, but I'm nowhere near as attached to them.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got a few families I love so much I just have them in a game and made a town legacy so I could play all of them in one game.I rotate between the families in the towns of my games and play multiple families in each game to enjoy all of my special families.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    super_niinsuper_niin Posts: 107 Member
    I had a family I loved in moonlight falls which I played on epic lifespan. I normally play on normal but this is the first family I made after getting seasons and wanted to have them experience every season multiple times at every age stage like real life. Reached the 3rd generation. Couldn't stop playing them. Unfortunately accidentally deleted them. Forgot to back them up when I reinstalled windows. I had an old backup on my old computer from just after generation 3 was born but it wasn't the same. Now I can't seem to stick with one family
  • Options
    auntmichelle9auntmichelle9 Posts: 87 Member
    Mine is the Cavanaugh family. I started them to play a long term family style game. I've played them through several generations. They have moved houses, gone to university, married, had children, died and the list goes on. No matter what, I always go back to them.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I can't let go of Jetta Burns. She's the first sim that I ever made. I even keep a (day1/week1) backup file of Jetta in a desktop folder. One time I let her age up (normal aging) to 93. She was playing guitar outside the theater when she died. It was two days before I finally copied and pasted my backup into the game so I could have Jetta again! I felt so much better! :^)
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!